4 down, 8 to go

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jungle Japes, Oct 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

I got a cushy job at a Drug Treatment Program, which is irony if I ever saw it. Baby Doom just turned four, he got his first DS, I'm so damn proud. Princess Cubehead is in second grade, which is frankly terrifying.

3. Fresh Air

Fresh Air New Member

Would you ever allow your kids to make you thousands of dollars a day by selling their bodies?

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Are you HWLFP? That whole "reborn" speech about how "the game begins again" when you first joined was awfully dubious. I guess if you are maybe people will give Smuel a break.

5. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

6. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone's really trying to make us think he's not HWLFP...

7. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

If they are 18 and no longer in my house, they are free to do what they wish. I may not approve, but I would not condemn either.

8. Jojobobo

Oh come on, I'm a million times greater than HWLFP ever was!

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

My ancestors that sailed the atlantic from France nearly 300 years ago were within a group of prostitutes and some pimps. I'd question the logic behind turning tricks, but, it's practically a family business.

10. magikot

Oldest profession in the world. And, depending on how go about it, can be quite profitable.

11. Jojobobo

People always say this, where does it come from? Surely there must have been farmers trading between each other before there were hookers?

12. magikot

Of course there were farmers trading. "I will give you a night with my wife for two sheep and a goat."

13. Jojobobo

Well I guess that does sound like a fair trade - I'm sold!

14. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

When chimpanzes have hunted and killed, the hunters and their women get the first share of the meat.

Therefore it is quite accurate to call sex the oldest profession in the world. At least much older than humanity.

Also, I've heard being a mercenary is called the second-oldest profession and that works too. The chimpanzes who hunt but don't kill, only helping to chase and corner the quarry, still get a share of the food.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

A study had shown you could teach monkeys how to use currency and they ended up developing prostitution within their community.

16. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Sounds like the origin of our species.

Or your species at least, Zanza.

17. magikot

If anyone is interested, the study from the NY Times.

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Monkeys stealing cocktails, selling their bodies for grapes. That is the world I signed up for.

19. Xyle

Xyle Member

But saying that Christ isn't God is just as alienating to Christians as saying that you are Christ.

And what is divinity anyways? Aren't we made in God's image? So aren't we, as normal humans, possessors of divine power? After all, didn't Jesus say that it was our faith that heals us? ("But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour" -- Matthew 9:22) So aren't we all divine, just not The Divine? Therefore, you are divine, but not the Christ.

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together." (Romans 8:16-17)

Unless, of course, you have lowered yourself to that state of being nothing more than an animal, by giving into your base desires and wickenedness. As some as done by deliberate choice and others have done by refusing to rise above their baseness. But when you speak of behaving as water, you indicate a belief that you desire to rise above baseness and wickedness. This indicates that you have choosen a life of righteousness.

20. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yes, that's exactly what I did. I realized I wasn't Christ and started having casual sex, eating to excess, hoarding money, killing for fun, being generally jealous of all my neighbor's stuff, and whacking off so much that only dust comes out.

Our Host!