Norway

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by Wolfsbane, Jul 25, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Yes you do know. Yes, you did fix the grammar and such of that post, so he probably will get the point.

Yes, there should be more newcomers in the General Discussion.

Seriously though, enough trolling. All the newcomers come here to ask Arcanum related questions and don't rightly stay for long.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

If they're coming to GD to ask about Arcanum, they clearly didn't read the forum's description before entering.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

GD is free reign, AD however is off limits for trolls like Yuki.

4. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

>Here
    >The House in general

>Troll
    >Zanza

>>>>>>>Implying

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yuki, what you propose we do? We've already changed quite a bit, it would seem the best course of action would be to warn newcomers just how crotchety we all get.

6. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Give newcomers a free puppy and a hug the first time they post in General Discussion. Problem solved.

7. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

We should spit them in the face and kick 'em in the groin. Then we can give them a dead puppy and a ticket to real life.

8. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

That's basically what y'all did to me. And it didn't do me any harm. In fact, it made me what I am today.

That and a lifetime of failed relationships and sexual frustration.

9. Jojobobo

Because posting in a forum like this is "real life"? Really posting in the General Discussion area of a game that's very nearly a decade old is pretty far removed from real life in my opinion. Not that I care how you treat newcomers either way, but it seems like members in the past have got all touchy feely about not wanting the forum to close so being nice to new people might not hurt. I'm still pretty new, so feel free to abuse me if you want.

10. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Shit, it looks like Arthgon is the reason Xyle is all up in our grills with his religious rants.

12. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

No, my point was that because there are no newcomers for us to abuse, we've grown bored and decided to attack our own for sport. I make this observation citing how Wobbler (and I believe Grakelin) have recently been at Arthgon's throat.

There have been too many potent quotables lately. My signature will soon be bloated with them!

As I recall, you killed yourself and are only here today because Grossenschwamm saw fit to rescue you. You are whom you are today due entirely to Grossenschwamm. Will you please upload your blues riffs and House of Lords poetry to youtube? I miss them.

13. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Zanza: I just hope that Xyle will stop with his religious rants. Or creating a whole thread about how we really misunderstood him. Also, I started his rants?

Yuki: And there is the grumpy Yuki again.

Davis: They were at my throat because I overreacted about what has happend in Norway. And perhaps because I really messed up the grammar and spelling, while I tried to explain the reason why people always blames the foreigners first. And made an example of what has happend in the Netherlands.

14. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

Actually, I did write a limerick in one of my posts just after I joined, but Grossenschwamm deleted it. It's lost some of its relevance in the meantime, but I present it here in lieu of any blues riffs:

In a forum without any chicks,
    They suspected a newbie of tricks.
    They shouted "You spammer!"
    Brought out the ban-hammer,
    And then used it, because they were dicks.

15. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Although amusing, your limerick is no substitute for The House of Lords Blues.

16. wobbler

Yes, you point is made valid by bringing up the thread of the local attention whore whom decided to leave after Zansa presented a thread where he raped her RPG character (totally according to set rules) in the most gruesome of ways.

Before making statement I would advice you to get some more information about the topic. Also, most of the older one are the ones that abused the newcomer, me included.

So piss off.

EDIT: Just remembered what i posted (IE, read my post). I never stated that posting in a forum is like real life, but abuse one enough and he might leave Internet alone and go play outside, in the real life. That's a god damn ticket to real life for ya.

17. Jojobobo

Alright calm down, are you in need of a hug and a puppy? Because I can give you one if you want. I have plently of information about the situation, I don't see how you presume I don't, I'm not incapable of using the search function you know. It was hardly a gruesome way to post things up and it supported my point well, seriously get a grip.

And in regards to the whole "real life" thing, I just thought it was rich that you thought by dint of posting here you had the right to basically tell someone to get a life. Bottom line I was just saying that response was a bit stupid if some people are concerned about turning away newcomers, but in any case well done for acting like a dick.

18. wobbler

19. Jojobobo

What does that even mean?

20. wobbler

That I care. Very much. About yours.

Our Host!