The Easter Bunny goes "Baaaaa..." ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xyle, Jul 26, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Took him 12 minutes, actually.

The thread is a week older than that strip, though. OP was referring to the arc in general.

2. Xyle

Xyle Member

well ... I thought WS won't like this in his thread and we aggrevate each other enough as it is...

But then it looks like he didn't like outside his thread either.

"collective herd mentality" -- Is there a collective herd mentality on this forum? I hadn't noticed; I was under the impression that this site was full of Individualists that make fun of sheep. Baaaaa. Like some think I am.

You see, this is why I posted that religion poll that for some damn reason got moved to the folly section before I could alter it according to the complaints that were posted in reply to it. I can't communicate without knowing to whom I am communicating.

... And good for you having your own beliefs.

"Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies."

What trolling?? I was answering questions that people asked me about what I believe. Then someone else would question what I wrote and it didn't match what I meant or took along a chain of logic that failed to acknowledge that none of my thoughts travel that far without encountering other considerations. And I am aware of many considerations so my thoughts are in a constant state of flux.

--------

I don't believe in this forum is populated by sheep. I belive this forum is populated by Individualists who were fed with silver spoons who can't understand what I mean because you all are not nearly crazy enough.

If this helps, think of me as an Artist of the Mind, twisting the normalcy of experience into something exotic. It'd be wrong, but it'd be a better stereotype than "Troll".

3. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

I validate Xyle's existence!

Muro: The guy put up a bullshit argument, anyway. "Repeat after me", basically.

4. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Xyle: I actually meant that you cannot force your point of view of religion upon people here or everywhere. Not everyone is thinking the way you do. And I was not suggesting a 'collective herd mentality'.

5. Xyle

Xyle Member

"Nobody" thinks the way I do.
    And when I say "sheep" *I* mean collective herd mentality, or at least not thinking for yourself and letting your "shephard" do it for you. But what's the difference?

Query: Do people really not the know the difference between philosophical musings and religious arguments? Or am I truly communicating that poorly? Scratch that, I know that I am communicating that poorly, especially since that our uses of the word "sheep" don't jive.

Thanks, ... I think, but my heart can't explain to my mind what validate means. It sounds good, but the need to be validated doesn't. ... I think the connection between my heart and my mind is different than most. Aiding me in some, hindering me in others. Maybe it's the fact that they are connected in world filled with harden hearts. je ne sais pas.

Mental Image: Broken Eyes.

6. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

7. Arthgon

Yes. I know what 'collective herd mentality' is. But you misinterpret what I meant. You cannot assume that everyone here or somewhere have the same ideas and have the same takes of how to deal with their religions or the Bible. You know what I mean? Also there is no herd here. Individualists with different thoughts.

8. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Idea: If we stop replying to this fucktard about all the stupid shit he comes out with, he'll eventually shut the fuck up.

9. Arthgon

I think it is going to get out of hand. Just like what has happend with Charles.

10. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I'm curious, what happened with this Charles? Or was he just another religious loon?

11. Arthgon

I do not know. He suddenly stopped posting here. Yes. He was definably a religious loony. Only he was of a different religion. Islamic to be precise. He had a speech problem as well.

12. Jojobobo

Sounds like a hoot. I really don't have time for religious people of any type; I get enough of that when I visit my crazy New Age Spiritualist mother - she actually believes that faries are real and that aliens have hidden tablets of wisdom on the planet, etc. Never goes down too well considering I'm an atheist.

13. Arthgon

Has she read too much Books of the Cthuhlu Mythos or something?

Ubbo-Sathla

There, in the grey beginning of Earth, the formless mass that was Ubbo-Sathla reposed amid the slime and the vapors. Headless, without organs or members, it sloughed from its oozy sides, in a slow, ceaseless wave, the amoebic forms that were the archetypes of earthly life. Horrible it was, if there had been aught to apprehend the horror; and loathsome, if there had been any to feel loathing. About it, prone or tilted in the mire, there lay the mighty tablets of star-quarried stone that were writ with the inconceivable wisdom of the pre-mundane gods.
    —Clark Ashton Smith, Ubbo-Sathla

Ubbo-Sathla ("The Unbegotten Source", "The Demiurge") is described as a huge protoplasmic mass resting in a grotto deep beneath the frozen earth. The being is of a monstrous fecundity, spontaneously generating primordial single-celled organisms that pour unceasingly from its shapeless form. It guards a set of stone tablets believed to contain the knowledge of the Elder Gods.

Ubbo-Sathla is said to have spawned the prototypes of all forms of life on Earth; though whatever its pseudopods touch is forever devoid of life. Ubbo-Sathla is destined to someday reabsorb all living things on Earth.

Ubbo-Sathla possibly dwells in gray-litten Y'qaa. The being may also dwell in Mount Voormithadreth and may have spawned another of its residents, the being Abhoth, whose form and nature is very similar.

This similarity has led some writers to speculate that Ubbo-Sathla and Abhoth are the same entity viewed at different epochs under different names. The tablets that Ubbo-Sathla guards have been oft sought by sorcerers, though no sorcerer has yet succeeded in acquiring them.

14. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I don't even know what's going on, but I care just enough to share this:
    <object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kAIpRRZvnJg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kAIpRRZvnJg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

15. Jojobobo

Stupid uppity kids making their cupboards all wrong!

And that sounds strangely like something she might believe, but no she doesn't get her "faith" from the Cthulu mythos. She just buys a whole host of random spiritual books and absorbs them into her ever changing dogma - her beliefs are as horribly flawed as they are inconsistent.

Our Host!