The Easter Bunny goes "Baaaaa..." ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xyle, Jul 26, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xyle

Xyle Member

(( New Thread in order to answer serious questions seriously, or at least more seriously. ))

Quote of the Day: "If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest."

Part of my point is that you can't know: Am I a real or a fake Easter Bunny? Those that automatically assume a position of disbelief are also those that are "harshing my mellow." Why should I let them know what I believe or whether I believe? If they don't believe that I believe then why should they attack what I believe? Especially since they will probably believe that I am troll seeking their disbelief and anger.

If a mirror distorts an image, is the reflection a lie or truth? or a half-truth? If all you know of the image is the distortion, how do you learn what is real? If the only way to learn your own face is through the "mirrors" of other's perceptions which distort your self-image, how do you (or others) know who you are? Or rather, how do I know that I presenting myself without distortion?

To be Santa Claus is to be part of the Spirit of Giving; therefore, all who give to others can claim to be Santa Claus. But what does it mean to "be" the Easter Bunny?

------------

Having phony people doesn't mean all are phony people. In regions where being moral is synonymous with being a member of a specific church, religion or type of religion, people will claim to be of that religion even if they don't believe all the principal tenets of that belief. In America, there are phony Christians; In the Middle East, phony Muslims; in India, phony Hindus...
    There are phony Christians. "The Seven Faith Tribe: who they are, what they believe, and why they matter" (short title: "7 Faith Tribes") by Barna George reports that about 75% (or a comparable percentage, I can't remember the exact percentage given) of American Christians are such. Which means only a fourth to a third of those that claim to be Christians, live as such.

"For many are called, but few are chosen." (Matthew 22:14)

• "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals. [And] You know it." -- Tommy Lee Jones in Men In Black
    People, in both my quote and the movie's, refer to the collective herd mentality that creates mobs and creates the Us vs. Them mentality that has Individualists referring to Them as "sheep". [Sheep] don't bother testing their logic to see if what they say about beliefs make sense.

Now, "sheep" when they speak, make perfect sense to themselves and to those that are familiar with their creed. But oftentimes, they use terms and manner-of-speakings that others do not understand. Sometimes these ways of speaking and understanding enter the common every day use of those that surround them. Sometimes they become distorted upon doing so, but sometimes the distortion comes first. The perception of Light as Life and of Darkness as Death entered common English understanding a long time ago because it is easy to confuse words beginning with the same letter, especially when you don't think about their normal meanings because you assume that they have special cultural/religious meanings.
    Creation is synonymous with life because of the concept of Birth (Procreation) is the continuation of Life and an act of creation. Light however is not synonymous with Life nor Creation except at the hands of those that create confusion in order to have their own herd of sheep to provide for their needs (i.e. False teachers, False prophets, Liars, etc). Individualists oppose religion on the basis that it prevents the sheep from becoming independent free-thinkers. I merely oppose those that take advantage of sheep. I also oppose all the influences that have entered the mainstream ways of thinking that originated from such (or reminds me of such). Having escaped once, I do not intend to be captured again; therefore, I will exercise my right to free speech in order to counter the type of ideas that are used to enslave Sheep.

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

You created a special thread for this?

I asked about the phony, because I assumed that you was saying that the other people who have a different religion were phony. Yes. Every religions have people who claim they are holy, but are not. The thing is that you cannot judge them. Only God can.

So you are actually saying that we are sheep? Sorry, but I personally think that many of us have their own different takes about how to belief and the dogmas of the churchs. I am protestant, but I do not let anyone tell me how to belief or what is the right way to interpret the Bible.

3. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

I move that we don't even engage this silly cunt.

4. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Seconded. That will be my standard operating procedure for most things religious.

5. Arthgon

Why do Xyle reminds me somehow of Charles?

6. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Also, speaking of IQ, I had a feeling that one of the kids that I've been looking after this week was a secret genius, and my suspicion was confirmed.

7. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Sweet bishie buddha deepthroating yaoi christ! Give it a fucking rest dude.

8. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

TL:DR

What is with this forum and trying to give me long texts to read :/

9. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Don't worry. Another page or so of this turning from Christianity discussions into Christianity Trolling and I'll just lock & Folly it.

10. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I don't know, you're still here after all.

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Actually, I've locked maybe two threads. Normarily I delete spam threads, or separate some new idiot's gravedig from a 8 year old thread.

13. Arthgon

What is with this Xyle obsession with religion these days? Come on. You do not need to dedicate an entire thread, because someone does not agree with you. It just reminds me of Charles.

14. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

"These days", as opposed to...?

15. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Seriously Xyle if the previous thread you were trolling with religious bullshit got locked can't you take the hint? This is the general discussion area for a forum about an old computer game, and granted anything can be posted here, but wouldn't you have a better time if you posted this kind of stuff up in a forum where people would actually give a damn?

I for one would rather read a vacuous and inane yet humourous thread over this boring shit any day. At least when other people make a serious thread it's about a topic that the majority would be interested in and not just to gratify some bizarre need the author has to engage people who are mostly indifferent on topics that only they feel passionately about. Also...

I would pay to see this.

16. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

17. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

*Drool* Sheeps go "baah".

Dumb guy so dumb I forget language.

18. Arthgon

Is just me or is Xyle is getting more obsessed with religion than he already was? I mean does he really think that he can change our opinion about religions and dogmas by making threads like this one? It is if he wants to try to lay his opinions up on us. (I hope that I say it right.)

19. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

20. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I remember right after this strip came along, somebody on the CTRL ALT DLT forum posted a long analysis which served to showcase the deep levels of intellectual thought he felt the author had put into it. Buckley posted 30 seconds later to say "You're thinking too much into it" and locked the thread. Like a boss.

I wish I still had that thread. It was linked to me on another forum 4 years ago.

Our Host!