Highschool of the Dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zanza, May 10, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

I used to watch subs. Then I saw one of them have Alucard's name as Arucard. The entire season. After being repeatedly corrected. Fan subs can go to hell, Dubs all the way. I rather listen to moderately bad audio then read moderately bad writing. Besides, most of the dubs I've watched have been decent. (Also, iirc the original FMA is the bastard, in the sense that it diverged a lot more from the source. Not that it's bad. I really enjoyed it.Or are you saying its a bastard in that its like a fusion of the source and the old one?)

There are a few English dubs that are genuinely better then the Japanese version. Although these are remarkably rare and I cannot name one off the top of my head, I'd have to go digging to refresh my memory.

Also, maybe I just have lower standards, what can I say. I've had this same discussion twice today. Why all the dub hatin'?

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

3. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I am saying its a bastard because having seen both, the original's plot is much more coherent and complete than that of Brotherhood.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the series, 12 episodes + the OVA. As you probably guessed, I disliked how with every episode the anime was less survival horror and more erotic comedy. I don't regret watching it to the end, though I wouldn't mind if act 5 of the series was its last one. It would probably be for the better.

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I agree about the transition, I feel it sort of lost its path. However seeing though its based on the manga I assume they are going to make more episodes. Just hope they give me time to rest my right hand.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-gpNiqGVXw&start=78&color1=0x808080&color2=0x808080" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="448"></embed></object>

7. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

The video is missing the boobs and panty shots.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Without both zombies and noods it is by no means near being the series in a nutshell, though I found the slapping most enjoyable.

9. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

Noods?
    [​IMG]

While delicious, I don't think they were THAT integral to the series.

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You win this time, homophones, but I'll get you eventually.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  12. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard New Member

13. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I particularly like the picture of the phone handset being pressed into a guy's ass. Incidentally...

Has anyone seen Death Note? I gather for anime fans Death Note is fairly common knowledge so I'm expecting a lot of you to say yes, but if not give it a watch. It's a very good horror/thriller with lots of intriguing plot twists; also they hired decent voice actors for the english dub so don't feel like you have to watch the japanese version for the sake of authenticity. On top of all this there are no gratuitous...

[​IMG]

See what I did there?

14. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

Instead Death note has gratuitous drama.

"I'LL TAKE A POTATO CHIP..... AND EAT IT!!!!!"

[​IMG]

15. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I'm not an anime-phile and I dig Death Note. I've seen a live action film and an animated film and both had satisfying twists.

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I read the manga of Death Note, but my jerk friend wouldn't lend me any of his hardcopies, so I went to the internet and read a fan translation from before it was released in English. Occasionally, the translators would take liberties by "correcting" the spelling of certain names. Sometimes they would obviously stop trying, and the logic monologues would be things like

"Wait, does L know that I know what he knows about what father knows about me knowing that he knows?"

which, while still being accurate, is not communicated in a way that makes it easy to understand.

I enjoyed it, though. Great read.

Our Host!