Osama bin Laden dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magikot, May 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Everyone's a little bit racist. I actually like white people least of all, but I'm also glad I'm white, if you know what I mean.

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

3. General Mandible

General Mandible New Member

The nations of the world never caused them harm with daily bombings and shootings or military presence? I think they see every attack as "long overdue justice at the eradication of a monster who killed their loved ones without provocation, whose continued threats (attacks) have kept them up at night in fear, who taunted and wantonly murdered thousands throughout (their country/countries)".

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

5. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

Of course, another angry, smart, dude will take his place.

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I dare say its the same, the barbaric nature of it is so primeval you could take the flags out and people wouldn't tell the difference, unless of course they muted the cringe worthy USA chant. I don't support what Osama did but I don't support masses of people cheering in the street over someone's death either, that isn't justice.

7. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

So it's not okay for the American people to celebrate the success of their armed forces? I think you're just hatin'.

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

With that frame of mind you could argue the 'terrorists' were 'freedom fighters' and they were celebrating their military success.

9. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Yes, and the Nazi's were patriots. It's all a matter of perspective. You can call them whatever you like, but at the end of the day they are combatants in a war against the United States. They will celebrate their victories and we will celebrate ours. The war isn't over, but this battle that has been a decade in the fighting has finally ended in victory and damned right we're going to celebrate. If seeing a mob of flag-waving Americans on the evening news makes you uncomfortable, feel free to pull for the other side. Just don't expect me to shed a tear over the death of an enemy. If Osama didn't want to have his brain liquidated by an American bullet, he could have chosen a different line of work.

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

War isn't over though, if anything it will only get worse now that they have a Martyr.

11. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

My daddy says "When are they going to make a TV movie about the mission starring Steven Seagal?"

12. `Makopabeef

`Makopabeef New Member

i wonder what would CharlesBHoff will say if he's still here... :)

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    That than second department ordered him to do it.

14. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Pretty sure that now that Osama Bin Laden is dead, CharlesBHoff will never post again.

15. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

You don't think... they were one in the same person??

16. `Makopabeef

`Makopabeef New Member

Osama's hiding place was about 2 kms from the Pakistan Military Academy... how cool was that? :3 Osama sure is one heck of a bad ass dude

as for CharlesBHoff (in case he's Osama) may then Gods be with him

17. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

That would be great, but I not once heard that verbiage used. A friend of mine organized a celebration dinner two eves ago in honor of "Bin Laden's death." At work nobody celebrated the "success of the American armed forces" but "the death of Bin Laden" was a hot topic.

I agree with Zanza inasmuch as it is inappropriate to celebrate Bin Laden's assassination. As a matter of perspective, I thought it was equally as inappropriate to morn the passing of Anna Nicole Smith.

I would prefer to take the view that Jungle Japes has suggested and celebrate the team of Americans that successfully completed their mission. A Marine buddy of mine pointed out how quick the layman is to credit President Obama with Bin Laden's assassination (not to mention fault George W. Bush for not achieving such a feat) and how the men who actually executed the mission are easily overlooked.

I found myself falling into that same trap, and the words I used championed Obama for "getting Bin Laden." I'm glad somebody pointed out to me how little sense that truly makes.

The mob mentality is real and I am not immune to it.

That's scary.

18. Xyle

Xyle Member

Recent news events:
    • Barack throws his hat into the ring for the upcoming Presidential election.
      He finally releases his birth certificate.
      Osama bin Laden is dead.
    Those that support Barack view these are triumphs; those that oppose him view them as Political Maneuvers or conspiracies.

Me? I am so jaded by politics that I would discredit both views. Though I do predict that these "triumphs" will result in the publication of some scandal about Barack if the news media can find one.

19. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Just wait until they figure out Hawaii isn't really a state...

20. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Hawaii became a state 21 August 1959. Obama was born 4 August 1961. He was born in an American state.

Our Host!