I used to care.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grossenschwamm, Feb 16, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

What happened to me? When I was a kid I was always on top of my diabetes, always wrote my sugars down in my little log book. Then it became tedious and I insisted there was a more convenient way to do it, that hadn't been discovered yet. I imagined this better way and stopped writing my log. Eventually I stopped checking my bloodsugar (though I'm on top of that again, don't worry) and I simply gave myself insulin for food. My A1C hovered around 10 for six months, though I was on and off with checking my bloodsugars and maintaining control. I'm currently only lacking in writing my log, and this caused me to lose my pump services through Animas, my pump's maker. This lead me to call my insurance provider through a mix up, I was supposed to call my "heath care" provider, which would be my endocrinologist. I left a very revealing message on his answering machine, and eventually summarized my situation (posting it here), recognized that I fucked up pretty bad, and resolved to take care of myself. I have a reason to live, and so I should be on top of my life.

2. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

I guess it's the tediousness of doing the same thing over and over every single day for many years. It's gotta get dull eventually. However, considering this is literally a matter of life and death, it's pretty important, and I'm glad you're back on track.

My English ain't stellar, so I might have misunderstood something in your post, apologies for that.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Dude, she is your mate's girlfriend, leave her alone.

4. Grossenschwamm

What.

5. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Agree with Zanza, go find a new girl.

6. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I believe Zanza is referring to your reason for living.

More to your point, perhaps in the absence of the imposed consequences of your childhood you are now being less cautious. Take pride in the fact that you are learning from the natural consequences.

7. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

Big Frog, I think you should REALLY go find some assistance.
    From what I know so far about you, you're at the edge of the "problems" line and almost crossing the "danger" line.
    Do you understand what I mean?

8. Grossenschwamm

No, guys, I understand the value of my own life. I'm living for me, no one else. I'm getting all the help I can right now, and this latest debacle pushed me over the edge as far as caring is concerned. I'm ready to do what's right, for me.

9. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Shame. Were just gonna tell you about this new improved method for caring. Just wire, lets say, 2000$ to me and you will be a new person within a week.

A person that cares so much your head will explode.

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I'm a Nigerian Prince and I have a way to save you but I need your bank account details so I can wire the method in there.

11. Grossenschwamm

Sure, I just need your royal seal to verify that I'm not doing anything rash.

12. Arthur_Vaapeli

You can trust my help, if you transfer 7000 bucks to my bank account I'll make sure my buddies in Asgard help you out

:p LOL

13. Grossenschwamm

I already have connections in Asgard. Watering the world tree has its perks.

14. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

They expect kids to keep that level of records? Geez. As for your bionic panceas, doesn't it have blood glucose sensors? Can't it log its own records?

Here's a million dollar idea for free: A phone app for diabetics which talks to a glucometer.

15. Arthur_Vaapeli

I can also find some nano-augmentation canisters for you. xD

16. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

For only $4000 per person, I will garrote anyone who attempts to sell you a service, excluding myself.

17. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I don't think you would actually garrote a person, least of all for $4000. I think you are using the anonymity of the internet to be someone you are not.

18. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Barky the Royal Seal says:
    Arfarfarfarf!*
    *You tell him, Prince Bwana!

Arfarfarf!*
    *You're not being rash, Gross, send the account details.

19. PlastickCouch

PlastickCouch New Member

maybe you already knew this

Excuse me if I'm not telling you something new, but smoking gandja can replace your need for insulin (read up on that). It's why people get the munchies when they blaze. I got a buddy that is off insulin completely and just tokes all day long. Not saying it works for everybody, but it's worth a try, eh?

20. Grossenschwamm

Smoking pot can also cause a temporary diabetic state in certain people. It's by no means a "cure." Plus, I can't smoke it anymore due to the severe hallucinations it induces.

Our Host!