Who would you prefer?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Zanza, Jun 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Yeah, if there is one thing you always do in Blizzard RTS games its repeatably click on their units. Vikings by the way are my favourite unit, not the actual unit in game, just the way it looks and the idea of it.

2. Stikibunn

Stikibunn New Member

Well Arcanum still had a Katana as a half decent lightweight sword.....

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yes, but that actually fits, given the interest in Orientalism in Victorian England. It is not unseemly that exotic swords from other continents would occasionally show up in Arcanum. The point is that the game at no point grants the katana any special status, in the wider scheme of things it merely exists as a passable weapon in a blacksmith's inventory. Had there been important plot characters with spiky hairdos wielding flashy Masamunes of Doom at every turn I would have taken the cue. Thankfully there are no such things.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Dak'kon in Planescape: Torment had a half liquid katana of doom and long, spiky ears.

The disgrace is unbearable.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Spiky ears > Spiky hair.
    The hair makes the the character a whiny puppet.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Never thought I will hear such words coming from someone calling himself a hardcore Dragon Ball fan.

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Dragonball Z is a lot like doing drugs, the key is moderation (sometimes abstinence). Right now, I'm staying away from DBZ until I miss it.

8. Lunar

Lunar New Member

Katanas exist in Warcraft (Pandaria)
    Katanas exist in Forgotten Realms (Kara-Tur, Tuigans etc.)
    and there are no chocobos (well, WoW has sunstriders :( )

9. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

WOW DOESN'T HAVE SUNSTRIDERS FUCKING NOOB IT'S HAWKSTRIDERS GOSH SUCH A FUCKING NOOB. L2P IF YOU GONNA BE ALL STUFF AND SHIT. SUNSTRIDERS ARE LIKE THOSE GUYS WHO CAST SHIT AND LIKE MALYGOS ARE USED TO FILL A PLOT HOLE.

On a more serious note, katanas are simply a style of sword, I don't see why people need to finger their arses in anger about their existence. its not like they are the most powerful weapon in the game. So what if Arcanum has the slightest exotic influence in it's weaponry. It does get boring seeing longsword +1 everywhere. I always saw the katana as an elfish sword seeing though I always saw it getting sold by that elf douche outside the glasses man in that town where you do stuff.

10. Stikibunn

Stikibunn New Member

I was just saying that it merely exists.
    Actually the total lack of anime influence is a welcome change from most things that have manage out the wazoo

11. echinops113

echinops113 New Member

i played dragon age and mass effect, gothic and risen... as far as i played, they all great, either (many) ways, despite some bugs that follow... so i would be happy if arcanum 2 dev-ed by either of those two dev team..

IMO, gothic 3 has much to offer, just "not quiet finish"... and it has a huge world, which i'd love to see in arcanum 2

cheers.. :roll:

p.s. jap rpg? they're great, just not too interested, better off with DeathSpank, cute mini game..

12. Grindstone82

Grindstone82 New Member

If Obsidian did it, it would have glorious multiple choices and good replay value, but would suffer from innumerable bugs that they would never get fixed, not even in years of patching. So a little like Troika actually.

Bioware stands tall, but it would catapult Arcanum right out of its nice lovable cozy nerdy little niche and make it accessible to a mainst(r)eam audience. You know, science vs. tribal magic was nice in Arcanum 1, zeppelins and wizards and all. But we need it bigger now, like Apache helicopters. And cavemen. Cavemen attacking the helicopters with sticks, but able to call cataclysmic firestorms out of the sky that engulf the entire world in an orgy of fiery burny death. And huge amounts of cutscenes.

Bethesda: OMG LOL

Our Host!