Grakelin and Zanza for avy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zanza, Aug 13, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Davis: That did strike me as odd as well. Maybe, if any "criteria" should be under criticism, it should be what makes a personality distinct. Honestly, I couldn't tell you what Zanza's personality is, nor do I care. I do think claiming that personality as criteria for an avatar somewhat pushes the new meat into forcing a faux personality onto the community that, in the end, just comes off as annoying and shallow.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be that way. But maybe whatever criteria there is, would be better kept as a secret so as to avoid post whoring and shallow personalities. Up until a year ago, I could find interest in nearly every thread in Gen Disc and have something to contribute to the threads. Lately, I've felt you can't get half a page into a thread before the mandatory, derailing, flameburst against someone's post occurs. Then it's all downhill from there.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Here, have a thread.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

As usual I would like to point out she left before the ending of the story was written and therefore I was only reacting to the situation, not steering it in that direction.

4. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

You still get credit for her departure though, Zanza.

The personality criterion seems less like a requirement to me and more as an aide in choosing an appropriate avatar. I think the system works.

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You're getting at it. It is indeed a criterion though, because if the appropriate avatar cannot be discerned there will be no custom.

6. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

My two cents about getting a custom avvy*: What I really do not understand is why someone is doing difficult when he/she still does not has (have) a custom avvy?

Would not it be better just to wait, and let the others make the decision, than acting as if you are jealous because you have not got one? Even if you don't get one, don't make it a big problem. Your life is not depend on it.

*or not having one.

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

It means I'm a special snowflake. I also got it somewhere around 700 posts. Suck it, losers!

Dude, have you READ the threads here? Harassment is practically a declaration of love. I liked Xiao fine, but she's just become another in a long line of failed females. Rosie forever, accept no substitutes!

8. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Fish did.

9. Charonte

Charonte Member

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Whats with changing our comments?

11. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think Arthgon is trying to sound clever, but since he isn't he has to change it very often.

He still doesn't make any sense though.

12. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Never has, never will. He's the King of Trolls, he doesn't have to make sense.

13. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Wobbler, this thread is about how awesome two very special people are, and not about whatever it is you do.

14. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure everyone has left that topic behind some time ago. But you go ahead and get it started again.

15. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I don't know why you're mad. As I recall, you were giving an avatar last year or so, but you rejected it out of hand because you didn't think it was good enough.

16. Arthgon

I changed it alot because I was not sure about the grammar (well, it seems that the google translate still fucked it up. I think) Also, I know I should not comment on this, but I am actually clever (IQ 120). Yes, I probably not a rocket scientest (sp?) like you wobbler, but I know alot of biology, history, streetwise, and some other stuff (I am not good in science). The only problem that I have is how to write it down from Dutch to good English.

Yes, I do make mistakes, but that makes us human.

17. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It doesn't make us human. It makes us penis.

18. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Some people would consider Biology a science. Those people are probably not from the American mid west.

19. Arthgon

I was more thinking about Physics, Algebra, and chemistry, when I was talking about science. Also, are the people from the mid-west speaking a very different English than those who comes from the other states?

20. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    As far as I am concerned, any and all activities one could possibly conduct at a university qualifies as science, with an impossibly strong exception made in the case of gender studies.

Our Host!