Grakelin and Zanza for avy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zanza, Aug 13, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Charonte

Charonte Member

And I only hear it 3 times a week...

This is atleast the second time you've been bitter about not having a custom avatar Wobbler, here's one for you though:
    [​IMG]
    Whining Bitch

Just take it easy mang.

2. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Zanza, why would you think I'm angry for that?
    If I got angry for an indeed witty comment about me sounding like a whiny bitch to you, I would indeed be pathetic.

And Charonte, I seriously don't care about me getting an avy or not (though saying makes it sound like I actually do, So I don't know why I bother), I just thinks it's sad how they just hands them out to anyone these days.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

If they hand them out to anyone these days and it's so easy to get one, how come you don't have one already?

4. wobbler

Mu guess would be that people just don't like me.

Or the fact that I'm rarely posting, so people tend to forget I'm actually here.

nevertheless, I don't expect to get one nor do I think that I deserve one.

5. Charonte

Charonte Member

So because you don't deserve one, no one else does either right?

6. wobbler

I have never said that noone else deserves one.

But when you hand out something so easily, you take away what makes it special.

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

We can always raise the post minimum. 2118 should do.

8. wobbler

Should make it 3000 and remove everyones avatar that has under that.

9. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

10. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

So we have more regular members hitting the 1000 mark. How is that a bad thing? The point of the avatars isn't to create some kind of elite club for only the most prolific posters, it's a recognition of members who have become a notable part of this community. So quit'cher bitchin.

11. wobbler

I'm merely responding to the posts that are directed to me. And in my responses I am obliged to air my opinions and clarify them. If you really dislike it that much, you can always, you know, not read them.

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It is a fact that members with custom avatars are a significantly bigger fraction of all active members than they once were - giving them less of a unique feel and all - but that is not because the requirements for a custom have dropped but because we hardly gain any new active members these days.

In order to maintain the unique feel, the custom/non-custom avie ratio among active members would have to be kept on a constant level (and a rather small percentage at that, definitely not >50% as it is nowadays), ergo the influx of new active members would actually have to increase with each given custom, which is very unlikely seeing how we are far from a developing forum and even maintaining a stable noticeable influx is wishful thinking.

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

You know, wobbler, we'd be more likely to listen to your opinion if didn't present it in such a bitchy manner.

14. wobbler

That might be true. But I didn't count on my opinions to change anything really, so it doesn't matter if you listen to it or not.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

No point in giving an opinion if you don't think it will change or matter, you may as well just post a blank reply.

16. wobbler

You can always hope that someone will listen, even though you don't find it realistic that anyone will.

17. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Oh, we're all listening. Your words just aren't producing the desired effect because they are whiny and stupid.

18. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Rosenshyne's the only one of us with a gif avatar, if that means anything.

19. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Wait what happened to Caity? I missed it.

Wobbler: Go cut yourself. Nah I'm just kidding with you, man :lulzhat:!!

No seriously, just stfu.

20. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I did not realize that it was desirable to have only a relatively small fraction of Lords with custom avatars; I thought the 1,000-post criterion and the discernible personality were adequate. If it were decided to maintain some specific ratio, would otherwise eligible Lords be placed on a waiting list until the required number of new members joined? This seems like an awful lot of planning for something as trivial as an image on a website dedicated to a computer game that was more stillborn than merely dead.

It seems I've noticed many new visitors to The House lately, but they've mostly kept to the game-related threads and not contributed to the General Discussion. Perhaps these aren't sufficient for offsetting the custom-to-generic avatar ratio, but I thought it was worth noting.

I was both surprised and disappointed to see that Zanza is already eligible for a custom avatar. Surprised because it did not seem to take that long to amass 1,000 posts, and disappointed because it seems that half of them were simply successful trolls against Xiao_Caity. Harassing another member seems less like contributing to The House and more like an easy way to bloat post count and offend, but in so doing he has entertained and established a very distinct personality. My final verdict is that he is no less deserving of a custom avatar, I'm just not inclined to award as many achievement points for the accomplishment as I might have otherwise been.

I share Jungle Japes's opinion on the matter. We have more regular contributors to The House than in days past--so be it!

Our Host!