Finalized.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rosenshyne, Aug 4, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Will your location still be 'Wherever the US Government is willing to pay my rent."?

3. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I'm always up for gossip on others I'll never meet. Spill it, Rosie!

4. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

5. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I can do nothing but offer both my condolences/congratulations and my spare set of pitchforks and torches for the angry mob you spake of.

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Its never nice to hear a family break down.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I knew there was something fishy going on when you guys announced that you were splitting up on friendly terms. Divorces, as a rule, are ugly businesses.

Lost your job too eh? See, all of this sort of reminds me of the shit I had to go through three years ago, except of course that there were no kids involved - my trip back to anything resembling a life meant working the night shift building front loaders and sleeping on a friend's couch until I felt financially and emotionally stable enough to rent a new apartment and reassume my teaching studies at the university.

I wish you the best of luck.

8. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

9. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

What's his name? Sounds like a guy I'd like to meet.

10. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

The Gloves Have Come Off, Sir.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Having one's trust turned against herself is one of the worst ordeals for a spouse to endure. I've heard that it is a recommended practice for married couples to not have friends of the opposite gender, and the more I hear and experience, the more "divorce" sounds like the appropriate answer to someone who presses the matter. Point in the round to rosenshyne.
    Ah, the interchangeability of women will never cease to amuse!
    Good for you! There is no shame in taking care of you and yours! Stigmas attached to government aid be damned!

Agreed, unless the phrase "DIAF" is used in the telling.

I didn't! Seriously, you had me fooled. I assumed you were the exception. Thanks for not shaming yourself and The House by erupting into an emotional rant on what a dirtbag your husband is prematurely. Waiting for the particulars has made their unveiling all the sweeter.

Agreed.

Single soon, eh Rosie? (I assume I may call you Rosie.)

a/s/l?

11. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Hear hear, rosenshyne. Would saying "you're better off" be taboo? You're doing your part to take care of your family, that's what's important. And you're still here, which is a plus for the rest of us at T-A.

12. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

13. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Shit Rosie, You're taking this better than I would. I hope things improve for you from here. I don't know if we can ever really know someone, since we are constantly changing, but I doubt that that the "dirtbag" part happened overnight, or that it wasn't there from the beginning. Maybe it was the tours of duty that account for the change in him.

I'm talking above my head here. All I know is that I ruined a relationship that I had with one small lie I told at the beginning, so even the smallest things can make a difference.

14. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Haha, I get it.

Don't piss him off, though, seriously. He has a massive gun.

Was the TV he traded his kids for the one he was shooting that gun at, by any chance? That would amuse me.

If he went on a tour of duty, there is a possibility that he snapped and really is incapable of being a good husband or father. I've seen lots of it, growing up in military towns. It sounds a bit crass, but you and your kids really are better off without his presence in the house, especially if he ended up taking charge as the bread winner.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Yeah my father served some time in Afghanistan and when he came back he found it hard to readjust back into civilian life. caused a bit of a schism between he and myself which lead to me changing universities and moving out. We are on good terms again but I look back on it and think the move was for the best in hindsight anyway.

16. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I know I went a little weird for a while after I got back. It happens to the best of us. I got over it pretty quick though, my tour wasn't very rough.

17. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

*hugs* Oh Rosie. The number of women I see who need your kind of integrity and strength is astounding. At least the kiddies will have a mother who can explain how and when to kick ass.

18. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Yeah, I was fortunate that my dad is a carpenter and not a front-liner. When I read the blog he kept, though, he was STILL paranoid and incredibly fearful of the daily rocket attacks that hit the Kandahar base while he was building it. That was five years ago, and he took a miniscule time to recover. The families with infantry soldiers as the heads of their household didn't always turn out so lucky.

Knew one girl whose dad served in Bosnia and used 'having to kill people' as an excuse to his wife for some of the crummy things he did. Which is probably a lie, because Canada had a no-shoot order for most of the Bosnian War, and the majority of people UN Soldiers killed were civilians after rape.

19. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Oh man! Sorry to hear about this whole affair, perhaps it's better this way. I do hope that the kids takes it well. Also, I do praise you for your integrity and strength.

PS: I never have thought that Fishstick would have an affair with someone else.

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

They killed them after raping them? That's cold man, even for Canadians.

Our Host!