shop inventory hack

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by topazzatale, Jan 24, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. topazzatale

topazzatale New Member

2. Paladinlover

Paladinlover New Member

I have it on my PC (I ALWAYS keep things like this backed up in case of websources shutting down).

If you want it, I'll give it to you. Just gimme your email and I'll send it as an attachment. :)

3. topazzatale

topazzatale New Member

tq Paladinlover... email those mod to topazzatale@yahoo.com ...tq very much sir... i do appriciate...lol

4. Paladinlover

Paladinlover New Member

Check your email, I sent it.

The inventory hack is pretty damn cool, it's just as important as having the savegame editor in order to get a superman character! :p

5. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

So do you have a lot of the tinkerer files?
    Since it has gone dead, perhaps these files could find a home here?

6. Paladinlover

Paladinlover New Member

Well, I'm not entirely sure how much I have, since I mostly downloaded the stuff that I would absolutely need (such as the inventory hack and savegame editor) but I did download a bit of other stuff. I'll give a list.

I got Amtut's world building tutorial (and some other world-building stuff), along with Arcanun (a program that lets you view *.dat files), the Arcanum protodocs, and I think a few more.

It's funny you know, that when I downloaded these things I had a clear idea of why I wanted them, but it's been so long that I've forgotten why I downloaded most of them!

Anywho, if you got something you need and can't find it, come and ask me about it, I'll see if it's there. If it isn't, well then, there's nothing any of us can do then. :/ :akimbo:

7. aemon73

aemon73 New Member

Hi, I was wondering if either of you could email that hack to me, I had it some time ago but lost it when I had to reformat my computer. My email is dohe96@msn.com.

Thanks

8. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

9. Madness

Madness New Member

That's going to haunt your mind forever.

10. lawrence

lawrence New Member

Could someone send me that "shop inventory hack" for morte2@o2.pl ? Thanks.

11. lawrence

lawrence New Member

Thanks to Bryam Taylor for sending the hack.

I've got problem. I'm doing what exactly readme file says and nothing happens. Traders have the same stuff as earlier. I copy InvenSource2.mes (without "2") to "data\rules" in Arcanum directory.

I'm looking for Li'tani statue for Ancient Gods quest. I can't buy it from Elven trader in Ashbury because of being technologist. Killing him doesn't solve the problem, there isn't Li'tani at the body.

What am I doing wrong ?

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Primo, avoid double posting.

Secundo, you do remember that the inventories of the traders become full after the first restock, not right after "installing" the hack, right?

Tertio, do check the elven trader's chest.

13. lawrence

lawrence New Member

1. Ok, I apologise.
    2. When will this restock happen ? I was waiting (in the game) about few days. Sleeping, traveling, nothing works.
    3. There was nothing called Li'tani in the trader's chest after his death.

EDIT:

Ok, I've realised that restock is carried out when I buy something from the traders and get back some time later. I checked a few traders of various type and no one had Li'tani. I suppose Elven trader could have statue, but he doesn't want to trade with me (fighting alternatively).

14. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

From my personal experience, the Ashbury elven trader is the only source of Li'tanis in the game. Ellumyn in Qintarra has a very similar stock, yet he doesn't sell them. Usually techs shouldn't have a problem getting them because, if I'm not mistaken, a Li'tani is always in the first stock of the Ashbury elven trader, so a tech either grabs it the first time he trades with him (if his TA isn't too high), or - if his TA is already too high during the first encounter - he can rob the trader anytime, since due to his inability to trade with him, the traders stock will never change. Not sure how you ended up with your situation.

The Prima Official eGuide mentions that elven traders in random encounters have a 80% chance of having a Li'tani, but in all my games I myself have never had a single random encounter with a trader, so I'm not even sure if there isn't a glitch preventing their appearance or, if they actually work, where should you search for them (the Glimmering Forest would be my first guess).

The only thing I can suggest now is downloading Virgil's Debug Menu (if you already had 100 TA) or the Arcanum Character Editor (if not), changing your aptitude to 0, buying the Li'tani from the trader, changing your aptitude to 100 TA (or back to whatever you had if your using the Editor) and hoping that your effort combined with the offering will please Ter'el and make him forgive you your hacking ways.

15. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I know that in the stock game there are no wandering merchants. It's possible this might have been planned and then never followed through even after the info had been sent to Prima.

Also - The Elven merchant in Ashbury is the only stock-game location to get that statue.

16. Darkform

Darkform New Member

that statue is described as a VERY holy item of the Elves (made from the wood of the oldest trees and believed by the elves to contain the soul/s of dead Elves that inhabited the tree before the statues where made from it) and therefore VERY hard to get a hold of. after I read what the Official Prima Guidebook for Arcanum said about those statues and their relationship to the Elves I was VERY surprised that the Elven trader would sell one to a Non-Elf, even if the player was not high tech.

I think that shops WITHOUT a elf shopkeeper shouldn't have them in mods, instead since they are a low value item and techies would also like to get one, I also think 1 should be placed in EVERY mod in a suitable location. I would suggest a pot or coffin in the Elven Burial Grounds.

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Your image of Li'tanis differs from what the game tells us about them, Darkform. It is indeed said that elven souls reside in the oldest trees, yet there is no in-game source telling that the Li'tanis are made from the oldest wood - they are simply described as wooden statues carved once a year by elven shamans in "Pagan Gods of Arcanum" written by Aldous T. Buxington III, the only peace of information about Li'tanis in the game, which means that the wood as a material is probably no more holy than the tons of it which are used up for bows and gazillions of arrows for elven hunters each year.

Also, placing such a statue in pot or a coffin in the elven burial grounds wouldn't make too much sense, because elves weren't buried with the Li'tanis - the statues were pretty much carved for the very purpose of offering them to Ter'el, and the climax of the ritual of offering was burning the Li'tanis.

As far as I see it, they can be carved by any elven shaman and are just a cheap meaningless piece of wood until someone becomes an owner of them (buys, receives or finds an ownerless one), in which case they gain a symbolic meaning important to Ter'el. Also, offering a Li'tani found in a burial ground - assuming that such a statue wasn't offered for some reason and buried with an elf instead - wouldn't please Ter'el, because he wouldn't want us offering someone else's Li'tani, now would he? And I do belive he would notice the difference, he may be blind, but he's not stupid.

I'm surprised what source of your information you mentioned, because I didn't find anything about the background of Li'tanis in the Prima Official eGuide, which is the guidebook you had in mind, right?

18. Darkform

Darkform New Member

yes it is the source.

I don't know where my copy is, so I quoted from memory. I think how I got that the statues are automatically holy to the Elves IS because they are made from wood = from trees and the Elves consider all trees holy, therefore the statues are made by holy Elves from holy trees to be offered to their GOD (kinda makes me think the statues are holy). because off all that I probably just came to the conclusion that the statues was made from some of the older trees as well since they would already be very holy.

a solution to let Techies obtain it WITHOUT it being buried with someone is. for a good techie, a quest from a Elf and when done you get the statue and for a evil techie, same thing but from a Dark Elf instead. (this/these quests can deal with something that a techie would be better suited for than a mage OR for any tech/magick simply requires someone not known to be allied with the quest giver to do it. (I forget but doesn't some of the shops in the Elf cites still sell stuff to techies no matter how high of a tech level they are? if so those shops could have one in stock)

19. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

In fact none of them care if the Living One has 100 TA, so indeed, a Li'tani could either be added to Ellumyn's stock, or the elven Ashbury trader should be changed to not care about aptitude (seeing how he's more or less a Qintarra trader outside of Qintarra, so why should he differ in the first place).

20. Darkform

Darkform New Member

after Rroyo added Vormantown to AWIP it added the ability to have even higher tech abilitys when being a high magick meter char. because the shop keeps there NEVER refuse you based on if you are magick or tech. this allows the player to ether play a mage with enough tech to make useful things for their tech followers and the ability to play tech and still be able to obtain magick supplys that Gypsys don't sell for their magick followers. (of course it means always going back to that town for your anti-magick/tech shopping needs)

Our Host!