Permanant Damage to Character?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fantasymick, Nov 2, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. fantasymick

fantasymick New Member

Virgil has a lost in dexterity. In his character sheet, it's in red. I took off all his armors and stuff but still unchanged. Is there a way to heal such a damage?

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

He could be crippled, tired, injured, whatever. Try sleeping in an inn, or get him so injured that he has to heal himself. If he has the major healing spell, that can cure many many things. Otherwise, you have to wait until he gets major healing, which is around level 16 or 17. Correct me if I'm wrong someone?

3. fantasymick

fantasymick New Member

I gave him sleep in several inns, no help. He's at level 22 now, he's got three healing spells i think, but still no good.

Anyway, I notice in your log, there's a section with a list of your injuries and said that those that are crossed off are healed. I don't have any injuries so far, but Virgil probably does, who need some sort of healing. Any help still appreciated.

4. Ther

Ther New Member

The stats-affecting injures are cured with the Healing skill, not the spells.
    Virgil has the Healing skill, but not even the Apprentice. You need to give him the Bandages (can buy in any common store) to use the skill.

But hardly believable he will use the skil on self, and much less is the chance of cure - as my hero got some injures, I used to go to Dr.Roberts in Shrouded Hills.

5. LPhoenix

LPhoenix New Member

Virgil's DX

It's a curse, no cure, restart game if you really want Virgil or dump him.

Staff found in Tarant sewers open area (if I am not mistaken) causes this, has long has he uses it even once in combat, even if he doesn't actually hit anyone with it, he's DX will fall bellow 0 (although it always shows has 1). No cure known but it is a curse not a crippling injury.

6. Ther

Ther New Member

I haven't encountered that kind of curse.. May be, bacause I do not use any staffs :smile:

Virgil in my party has a -1 red-marked "bonus" to DX, permanent.. Seems like he really got "crippled"..

Pity, the injures log are not available for the NPC...

7. fantasymick

fantasymick New Member

Thx for the reply. Same with my character, it's only -1 dex, so it's not the curse. I'll try to get him the bandage.

8. Sonya

Sonya New Member

Are you sure he hasn't Geshtianna statue in his inventory? It gives bonus to charisma & beauty, but penalty to dexterity. And one more thing, I've played Arcanum for some time, and my char hasn't ever been crippled. Scarred yes, but not crippled.

9. Ther

Ther New Member

In my case, the Geshtianna statue is where it should be, otherwise you cannot complete the Gods quest :smile:
    Anyway, I looked through the stats with empty inventory, no weapons/armor, etc.

10. Quethim

Quethim New Member

i have heard that there r items that permanatly take stats away even when u get rid of the item.....i have never seen one before....as for injuries i would say the worst one to get would be blindness(u cant even open up an unlocked chest and u cant loot bodies and u cant steal)

11. William Walker

William Walker New Member

IMHO it is curse, in my case I use some staff and got permanent -1 DX ,it was described as dx -1 but I think that this apply only wielded. Now it looks that penalty (or bonuses) described with small letters are permanent......or am I completely wrong?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: William Walker on 2001-11-05 13:26 ]</font>

Our Host!