World Map creation problem [SOLVED] Now need new help.

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Mesteut, Jul 28, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

I am trying to build a mod I've planned for a while, which is like an expansion (I'm working on a prequel and might actually publish it when it's done). The thing is, I've created the world map, and the world map view looks just fine. So does the screen when I try to move on the worldmap. However, when I exit the worldmap, I'm left with the screen showing the spot my character used to stand on (the position before using the world map), and my character is nowhere to be seen. Opening the worldmap again shows me at the easternmost-middle spot of the map. Can anyone help me on this?

Note: I'm running 1.0.7.4 + UAP. Tried this on 1.0.7.4. vanilla installation too, and the same result. =(

**edit** Apparently, even though it is mentioned nowhere, you need to register at least one area on teh world map in gamearea.mes to be able to wander around the world map without bugs.

New problem: I need two items to be in a container. Naturally, I created the container, chose "Empty" for Inventory Source and then dragged my unique items in it. In the game, the unique items do not show at all. Any reason why that might happen?

2. MackaN

MackaN New Member

From time to time, I have the same problem with containers, when chose "Empty" for Inventory Source . The best way to forget about this bug is always chose EMPTY BARREL/CHEST/SAFE/WHATEVER (everything what has from the beggining empty Inventory Source) from the container list, put it on the map and edit art file of it. Than you can drag items to your container.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Hey MackaN, check you PMs from time to time, will ye?

Our Host!