A perfect candidate for extermination

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Aug 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Charonte

Charonte Member

Tasmania is like Xapur - the further inland you go, the crazier shit gets. For that very reason I might have almost been caught (severely) speeding up through the lakes one time. Should have took the coastal road... What can I say, it was scary.

Still, didn't think anyone actually lived inland anymore.

Clearly, reading (and quoting) Conan doesn't help induce sleep. Maybe it's time to find some panadol -.-

On topic for once, radio was saying today that apparently Sandylands is moving to LA to focus on his wife's career or some crap. What a shame.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*cheers* Wooooo! He's finally fucking off! Maybe now we can have someone remotely sane, interesting and/or intelligent take over the timeslot.

3. Charonte

Charonte Member

Actually Xiao, which channel was he on down this way anyway? We have 4 odd channels here, 3 of which are local and I don't ever remember hearing him on the other one...

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

It was a mainland one, I think it broadcasts in Sydney. I only know of it because of how often Media Watch calls them out of shitty behaviour.

5. Charonte

Charonte Member

Ah, media watch. Yet another thing I miss out on. Living in a ditch has issues like that.

Just an (on-topic) update - Tracey Grimshaw is apparently interviewing the mother and daughter either tonight or later in the week. This is the same one that got called a lesbian pig by Gordon Ramsey, so sorta hoping she gets the sack too.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Have I mentioned how much I love Gordon Ramsey? Because I do, I really do. (And yes, here's hoping that evil bitch loses her job, soon.)

Another chapter in the WTF saga of Kyle - I have Hotmail, so I occasionally get really fucking stupid 'news' in my inbox of a morning. Today: "Can Australian Idol survive without Kyle?" I posted a message that essentially said "Of course it can, it was better before Kyle replaced Mark and it will be better now that he's gone."

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

You aren't nearly as funny when you aren't here.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I wasn't trying to be funny. It's the goddamn truth. Mark Holden >>> Kyle Sandilands in every possible way.

9. Charonte

Charonte Member

Damn it all, looks like the radio lied: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html - "returns to radio on monday"

I think what the family is overlooking there is that she was hooked up to a fucking lie detector so y'know, sorta hard to lie about being raped. Even then she was bloody 12 at the time and 'drunk' (sounds likely), I can't see that being legal anyways. And no wonder she ran away...

Either way.

Edit: Actual interview for those of you with sound. Goddamn chair rolled over my headphones. http://community.livejournal.com/ohnoth ... 36944.html

10. No! Naughty dog!

No! Naughty dog! New Member

Despite claims of lie detector's accuracy and validity sure...

The things that polygraph tests is that they measure responses that can be reproduced by many different things not exclusive to lying and a person with certain emotional responses can really screw with the whole process whether intentional or not

At most you can say there was a greater chance they were or weren't lying than taking a wild guess at it

11. Charonte

Charonte Member

I'm well aware of the NND, as far as i know they're still accurate to a certain degree anyway.

Even if they're not, I can't see such a messed up 14yo being particularly aware of that, so as far as they were concerned she was raped regardless of what the aunt and mother says. It doesn't make that large of a difference.

12. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I remember the days before reality TV, there was so much better things on back then. I have no taste for shows such as Australian Idol. As for Kyle, his reaction was normal, personally I would of gone silent but each to their own I guess. As for the show? Terrible ploys to get ratings by terrible hosts finally backfired on them. If that is not karma then I don't know what is.

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ah, karma, one of my favourite universal forces. The knowledhe that stupid behaviour will always backfire in the end makes me ever so happy.

I just feel so sorry for that girl. The way she talks, you get the impression she's tried to tell her family before.

Our Host!