Sometimes people say the funniest shit...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Jul 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Emos in school, the one group that nobody is above beating up. I remember when the kid in the wheelchair attacked them and won.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I would sell my firstborn to see that. You know. Assuming I ever go insane for long enough to spawn.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Incidentally, people go insane when they see me.

4. Minuos

Minuos New Member

I've never really discriminated. I got in trouble for shoving a mongoloid (for lack of a better word) back after he shoved me. My argument is that if they want to be treated equally, they can take as good as they give. Same applies to feminists, or practically every minority. Don't ask how I managed to compare feminism to down's syndrome.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that emo kids are evidently just little bitches.

5. Charonte

Charonte Member

Fuck, there's another Tasmanian here too?! I'm scarred now.

Actually it isn't so bad Xiao, as long as you're not in the NW. Here I was thinking I was the only one who had/liked Arcanum. I'm in Burnie.

Down here about the only subculture is the (S)Linkie. I challenge anyone to have a conversation that doesn't end in severe brutality.

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think I can see that comparison being accurate.

Mesteut: I apologize for my lack of creativity in the swearing department. I am not as well versed in swearing as I was a few years ago.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Nice! I'm in Launceston.

8. Charonte

Charonte Member

Haha, I was up there the other week. Terrible place if I can say so, always seems to be so much bloody smog/smoke sitting in the valley... That and someone I haven't seen in 5 years keeps calling me from Ravenswood -.-

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ravenswood is Hell. No kidding.

The smoke problem is because people WILL NOT give up their wood heaters, despite the price of wood being jacked through the roof and major subsidies on buying gas and electric heaters. Fucking idiots... Plus, you know, living in a big valley doesn't help much.

10. Charonte

Charonte Member

I wouldn't have thought it'd be just home owners causing the smoke problem, there's still factories and shit. Either way my asthma tends to fuck up if I stay along that way for too long, which is strange considering even when the pulp mill here was fully operational everything was fine...

Always thought it was funny how they kind of pushed Ravenswood away into their own little corner, at least I think that's Ravenswood. Not really familiar with Launceston...

11. Vorak

You can pry my wood fire from my cold dead hands.

12. Dark Elf

Media:
    Wood fire is cheap, but when you need to cut and chop like two truckloads a year with axe and chainsaw, it gets a bit tedious.

13. Vorak

2 is just not trying. We went though at least 5 a year when I was growing up.

Its less now that I live in a house that doesn't have a hot water heater that is powered by the fire place.

14. Dark Elf

Media:
    You've got to be fucking shitting me now.

One truckload equals about 12-14 square meters of wood. We don't even need two of them, about 1 and 1/3 usually does the trick. Keeps the house at a nice 20-22 degrees celsius and generates all the hot water you'll ever need.

So if you need five truckloads a year, you either live in an enormous mansion, or you inherited the house building skills of the English.

I gather you use something like this:

[​IMG]

15. Vorak

Well it was an uninsulated wooden house and because no fire = no hot water it was going pretty much all the time.

16. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

My wasteful family of 11 only used two truckloads a year. And that's in a huge, 5-bedroom house. So I really can't fathom how you could possibly be using five.

They have an outdoor boiler now, so I'm not sure what the current consumption is. Here in Germany I don't even know where my heat comes from.

17. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I went through about five or six truckloads a year too, when I lived in Nova Scotia. My pa brought it home as trees, though, so maybe that factored into it somewhat.

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Charonte, I know exactly what you mean about the asthma triggers. The sad part is that the air is millions of times better than it was even a couple of years ago. It's still shit compared to most of the rest of Tasmania though.

Ravenswood is just scary. I had to work in the garden there during Work for the Dole. I spent every day wondering if this was going to be the day that my tires got slashed.

19. Charonte

Charonte Member

Did it occur to anyone that maybe a truckload for Vorak is less than it is for everyone else?

And yeah, the dole is nasty like that - they sent my brother on a late shift in a park right next to a bridge that was notorious for having rapists and murderers living under it. They're talking now about putting bars on either side, heh.

It's actually not as bad as someone (apparently) going under there to stab holes in a cardboard box someone was living in that they didn't like...

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Whoa. Dude. You need to let me know which bridge that is so I can stay away from it.

Our Host!