Obscurities of Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Dec 17, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Indeed.
    You can put more cloths on to stay warm.
    You can only take so many off to cool down.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

To paraphrase Puppy, and because I've had this brewing in my head ALL FUCKING WEEK...

You can always put more clothes on when it's cold.
    There's only so many clothes you can take off before you get arrested.

3. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

That's why you stay at home, and lay naked in the back yard.

4. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

Come up to Alaska, Xiao.

Oh wait. It's hot this winter too. Thirty degrees. I've been absolutely cooking in my coat.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Thirty is pretty average for summers here. It's the fucking weeks of Fourty plus that set me off.

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

No, you're wrong. When it's minus thirty degrees celcius, and your toes turn into small balls of ice in spite of your four pairs of socks and thick, warm shoes, you learn that sometimes the cold gets you no matter how well prepared you are. When it's hot, you put on a t-shirt, a pair of shorts, sun lotion and a smile. Also, it's a pretty well-known fact that cold equals death and warmth equals life. Having said that, I rest my case.

7. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

While you make a valid point, warmth in surplus quantity tends to reduce life to a sizzling brain-dead corpse-state. Like all things, temperature needs to be kept in balance, either a steady gentleness or alternating between hot and cold. I prefere colder climates, since I can burrow into my house and make a fire to keep warm. Ideally, I'd live in a cave near an equitorial lake and rain forest, and move further in or out depending on the season.

Besides remember that heat isn't that bad usually, its the HUMIDITY that sucks (really. really. sucks.) along with the heatstroke and the draining of all motivation from your body through your sweat glands. Plus the increased numbers of insects, malaria, rot, hurricanes, and probability of spontanious combustion.

8. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Huzzah! another rant. Having lived through the same heat wave, I'm gonna have to agree with Xiao Caity on this one. I hate the damn heat. Plus the world seems so much better when its cold wet and miserable and raining. That way I can smile while everyone else complains.

Back on topic, Evil Virgil. (Not exactly what you would call all that hard to miss, but when I achieved it I was gobsmacked and proceeded to thank the troika team for delivering a game this detailed.)

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Whelp, the heat wave seems to be over now, although Victoria is currently an inferno because some pricks thought 'Oh! It's 46 degrees! LET'S LIGHT FIRES!!!!!11' If these people get found out, they're going to need round the clock protection because the entire country will be baying for their blood.

Having survived the hottest summer on record (and this being Australia, that's fucking saying something!), I have but this to say. I WANT SNOW! I want cold and quiet and goddamn snow in winter. Soon as I get my degree, it's Canada for me. I'll live in Montreal, attend the comedy festival, and learn French. That's how badly I want out of here - I'm willing to learn FRENCH.

10. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

I hear you. Those damn bloody victorian heatwaves. My old place in the foresty areas had several fires near it. Its one of the reason I plan to leave the damn country too.

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Come to Canada with me! We'll become evil villains and take over one of the few countries on this planet still worth being in charge of! :lol: Any country that has a comedy festival that takes over an entire city has to have something going for it. I mean, hell, they managed to get David Hyde Pierce on stage, and he almost never does standup anymores.

12. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

I know, and he weren't all that bad either. Very well, to Canada and Villaindom it is!!

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

(cyberleader circa 1982) Excellent! (/cyberleader)

Our Host!