No spellcaster enemies in Arcanum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BFG 9000, Oct 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. BFG 9000

BFG 9000 New Member

A bit disappointed because magic resistance seem redundant in Arcanum. Very seldom do I see enemy spellcaster. Most of tyhe time are brute force monsters.

The only spellcaster enemy which attack using magic, and not just summon creatures is Kreghan but he is a weak spellcaster too.

Dwenmor shield also seem redundant because of this.

2. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Kerghan only manage to cast one spell against me, and that's a summoning spell, after that, bye bye.. :smile:

3. Xanamonarac

Xanamonarac New Member

One of the three Schuyler-brothers in Tarant once managed to cast a spell, but only once. X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xanamonarac on 2001-10-10 07:43 ]</font>

4. Milo

Milo New Member

That kite in the very beginning of the game once casted stun or entangle on me and proceeded to beat me to death. But that's about it, I think.

5. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Hey X, Ill guess what spell is that, Entangle right ??? :grin:

6. Xanamonarac

Xanamonarac New Member

Nope, harm - that wasn't that funny. X

7. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

well...

The schuylers (sp?) casted harm on me several times when experiment on attacking NPCs for the first time. A lot of creatures does use magick on me though. ie. the fag DREAD SPIDER in the dredge who threw fireflashs on my party like crazy. If not for my undead Molten Giant, I would have a hard time on him. And in the falchone's ache or something, the creatures there quench life just about anyone who started attacking. errr, I think there's more but my memory is not very good.

8. Vyme

Vyme New Member

It annoys me (seems a lot of things in this game do :p) that there are so few spellcasting enemies.

I think magic is a big part of Arcanum, but you wouldn't know that from the enemies you fight!! Majority of them have NO strategy and have the must come bite/lick/smack/claw/cleave/etc you to death mentality.

BAH!!!

9. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Ok Im wrong, maybe I didn't noticed if he cast harm on me, Im always entangled though which led to my ill thought conclusion.. :smile:

I just found that smiley better than the other.. :grin: ( see, there I am again!!!)

10. Deathlock

Deathlock New Member

Yes magic using enemies are rare and the encouncters are all fairly weak as they are never given strong enough bodyguards. Because of that you can always kill them quickly before thay can cast any usefull spells.

However as I recall gun toting enemies are even rarer. In fact the only ones that I can actually remember were the two bank robbers in Shrouded Hills and they only had rusty pistols.

IMO Arcanum could do with some beefing up by adding a few really challenging encounters. Having to force your way through a pass guarded by snipers armed with looking glass rifles could be one good idea. I must remember that when I design my own module :smile:

11. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

well...

IMO, Arcanum's atmosphere, the background of the world and the population of Arcanum is done very well, which is why it is a dissapointment to not see enough magick and guns.

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

how about the entire band in the gunmaster quest? How about the poachers?

Our Host!