It's an Obamanation!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Nov 5, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Indeed. If Obama could completely ban private ownership of firearms, he’d bust a nut.

Obama: I’m feeling randy. Any interns available?
    Random Aide: No Sire. Bill used them all up.
    Obama: Damn. Now what am I going to do?
    Random Aide: Maybe I can help Sire. *whispers in Obama’s ear* You’ve abolished the second amendment.
    Obama: *spunk*spunk*
    Obama: Oooeee! That was great! Bring me a sammich, a beer and a fresh pair of boxers. Then come back an lunchtime. We can do this as a nooner!

I was going to say, "Me too!", but I'm fairly certain I don't count as a regular, yet.

Not that I voted for either party, but a was sorta hoping Palin would make it. It’d be nice to have a non-fugly woman in the Whitehouse for a change.

2. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

It would seem my memory of that thread was fuzzy. Apologies all around.

I think when I went to it the first time the only people who had yet taken it were the hippies, and that was the impression that I walked away with I guess.

Also, the thing with gay marriage is this: Regular couples have had the benefit of tax breaks and other things that basically sanction the institution of marriage. This is technically giving a better deal to those who pair off to mate. Now, ideally, the fair thing to do would be to get rid of that system all together.

That way, "marriage" would exist only as a religious or a whatever thing, not as a government-defined tax bracket. Gay people would have to bark up the tree of the church instead.

Which, either way, would be a lot more hilarious to watch.

3. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

My partner just suggested that instead of calling it marriage, to call it a 'union' (ie Sim style). That way, they have the legality of a marriage, but not the recognition of a marriage between a man and a woman.

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

If all our kids turned gay, we'd have less teenage pregnancies, and thusly wouldn't need to worry about abortion anymore.

Somebody should tell that to Michael Phelps.

5. The_Deathsangel

The_Deathsangel New Member

I'll give in I have no idea what you two mean.
    What I meant was the fact that he would allow guns to be owned in a private sense.
    Where I live, and if I am correct all countries of Europe , it is forbidden to own a gun (outside of hunting reasons). Thus control or not, that is considered here by the papers to be still be pro guns. No guns at all, would be against guns.

6. The_Deathsangel

I'll give in I have no idea what you two mean.
    What I meant was the fact that he would allow guns to be owned in a private sense.
    Where I live, and if I am correct all countries of Europe , it is forbidden to own a gun (outside of hunting reasons). Thus control or not, that is considered here by the papers to be still be pro guns. No guns at all, would be against guns.

I had to look up what the thing now exactly was. You are correct, and I am wrong (though they still need to count a few votes according to this.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_(2008) .
    I reckon I ought to shut up ;)

Sorry, double post.
    Edit's for trying to get URL work and stuff... guess it is not my evening.

7. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

8. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

In Norway you may own guns, provided you've a permit form the police, and are a member of a shooting club. You may however not carry guns in public places, and the police may conduct warrantless searches of your home to insure that the weapons are properly locked up.

9. The_Deathsangel

Because I state what I think? Why not discuss with me? Why aggressive so quickly?
    Only because I am not in favor of any gun owned by any private person who wants it. I know this would put more salt in the wound, but euhm... don't you think that if USA did not have that type of regulations the school shootings would not be present?
    Just as an example.

There are indeed exceptions, as I tried to point out with the shooting club, but that is more restricted than it is in the USA.

10. Jungle Japes

No, because your asinine statements about American politics reveal your total ignorance about the subject, yet you keep attempting to add to the discussion. Come to the States talking like that and you're liable to get your Euro ass punchercized.

On a separate note, the gun control issue was discussed at length not long ago. Feel free to look it up, just don't dig it up.

11. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Heh, even I want to punch you in the face.

Thought me reason is the doublepost.

12. The_Deathsangel

Well, I do get only a one sided view as my boss is a democrat from Massachusetts, as well as her (and mine) collegeau. She did told me stating it more harshly, as well as being pro gay marriage, is to shoot one self in the head when it comes to a political career.

I have stated from the beginning I may not be the best apt for this. I doubt do I will get my "euro-ass" clobbered (or what else) in every place, though. Most of the people I have a form of friendship with are from states like California, Florida and other more democratic states.

Still, I can understand many republicans to not like my opinion. Still, I thank you for your notifying me of that discussion. I will look it up and can promise you no grave digging.

:lol: Allowed, I already appoligized. I just wanted to edit, but apparently something went wrong and I couldn't delete my post anymore.

13. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Bowing and scraping in pathetic attempts to appease those who hate you only make them hate you more.

14. The_Deathsangel

I am not trying to appease anyone, but I do enjoy it to learn or understand another. If you wish to refrain from doing that, and not giving at least a thanks whenever anyone helps you... stay alone if that pleases you. After all, apparently you make the assumption to be able to judge after a few post. I do not dare to think I am that high and mighty, or to think all is black and white.

15. Jungle Japes

That's the first time I've ever received a private message from someone apologizing for being wrong. I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

16. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

T_D, if you want to survive around here, you can't go around showing 'weakness' by apologising. Incredible as it may sound the way to be accepted around here is to stick to your guns no matter what. (No pun intended, unless of course you like puns...) Provided you don't harbour opinions that are downright stupid, that is. If you don't like guns, say so, and argue your reasoning, don't however expect anyone to change their mind. Almost no matter what you argue around here, someone will fundamentally disagree with you. And they will do their best to ridicule you and your opinions, and most of the time they will succeed.

17. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

I do not like guns unless it involves sniping in paintball.

:D

Xz's right, The_Deathsangel. I have to shed my niceness whenever I come to this forum (a vital skill learned in musicianship).

Does this happen to everyone here, or is nearly everyone here generally nasty-ish?

18. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I work in retail. I'm generally nasty as a result, I just pretend to be civil and pleasant.

19. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I'm mainly just a bastard.

But I think the forum has gotten "nicer" since I joined here,
    with all the helping newbies and everything.

20. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yes to the latter.
    The first bit of advice I got was this.
    The second bit of advise was this.

I summed them up for myself as this.

Our Host!