Slogan of the day.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wastelandhero, Aug 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

They're available so we have an easier time determining who is a retard.

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Well said Philes.

Don't try to change us, we're a bunch of angry cunts.

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

And that's the way it goes around here, something you have to learn to live with.

Oh, and saying your sorry is a sign of weakness.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahh don't mind 'em Spiffy.

It takes some virtue to be courteous on the Internet in an atmosphere which lacks such a quality.

5. wobbler

Says the big cat with 15 posts, that may or may not have created a second account when his first failed.

Oh, looks whos talking, it's the guy with the LOL avi!! Now we have to listen!!

-.-

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But most likely didn't because the forum was told we have two different IP addressees.

Unless of course I ran into a friends house to do my "fail-save" account, knowing that my pirating honesty would be a "hit or miss" with the forum.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I thought to myself, why not go batshit insane with the avatars? People evidently deserve them.

Smileys are meant to be used sparingly. When :hippy: posts :lol: start :) looking :hump: like :rifle: this :hidepc:, that's when I'll be bringing the hammer down.

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

He doesn't deserve the railroad spike.

9. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Only difference is that my smileys are actually relevant to my sentence. I like using smileys to show how my face would be if it was a real life conversation.

At least I have a custom title now...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahh common now Dark Elf...

Where in the rules did it mention anything about "Smiley Abuse"?

11. wobbler

Probaly right under the "I admins with banhammerz!!!" paragraph.

But I might be wrong, it might be under the custom avi section.

Who knows?

Or it might be a secret seperate addon in order to grant the admins massive power over the forum.

12. Dark Elf

Media:
    The Smiley Abuse avatar has been around since way back in the olden days when xento decided to go haywire with the smileys.

Hell, all it takes is some common sense. To be blunt about it, a post full of smileys looks like absolute shit and is hell to read. Keep filling a thread with posts like that and it quickly evolves into a garish nightmare of little animated .GIFs that have no place whatsoever in any self-respecting forum. If you're going to use smileys, then for the love of Odin, use them with at least modicum of taste.

Of course, should the reader belong to the multitude that lacks any common sense whatsoever, all I'm going to do is to point at §2 and §4 of the GD FAQ thread, and while §2 doesn't explicitly mention smileys, you'd be damn sure that the way I interpret it, it covers ASCII-converted ecstasy tablet logos as well. If the FAQ thread is a constitution, then I'm the Supreme Court, and I have passed judgement.

I hear you brother. I also miss the old system.

13. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

True, but the old system doesn't let you abuse your god-like admin powers in avatar assigning, does it?

14. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Jarinor pretty much states that Snowmane and Jinxed, moderators, can use their powers when they get pissed off/feel like it. DE's an administrator. Go figure.

15. Dark Elf

Media:
    You'd be surprised how many avatars used to be flung around. I think that about half the list of custom ranks (most of which created before I assumed power) are only there to serve as the admin's arsenal.

Anyway, I'll remove the avatars, they've had them long enough.

16. Heart_Flame

Heart_Flame New Member

Heh, I wonder how long a troll looking for the railroad spike avatar would last in these forums.

17. Bunny

Bunny New Member

There have been cases...

But there is One who has survived it.

18. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

To Team A: you would have to actually walk past the store to see the reason for the Slogan of the day. Sorry.

To the rest of you: Thanks for ruinning the reason of this post. It was funny when brought to my attention, now, not so much. OMFG, loosen up people. Spiffy may have been joking.

Does anyone one else have another SLOGAN OF THE DAY to keep this going. COME ON PEOPLE, lets keep the funny rolling.

EDIT: A slight change to the original post. Must have been sleeping when I typed this, or drunk.

19. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Wobbler, you've no Avvy. What're you going on about? Also, Garfield, like I said: you can expect a lot of things from us. Getting them is a different matter entirely.

20. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

When the hell did this turn into a 'kinder, gentler internet?' And when did all the newbies start unionizing and demanding that we be nice to them? Fuck em.

If you don't want people jumping your shit, it's really simple: Don't be retarded, don't be a crybaby and don't be a pussy. If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya, join the fucking girl scouts. Otherwise, get the sand out of your vagina and think of a good comeback.

Our Host!