Calling all PS2 co-op gamers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bunny, Aug 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What should I get next?

1. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. X-Box

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. PS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Hey there, people. How's it going? I've been kinda busy, flashing boobs and all that stuff.
    Since I trust you all as gamers -in spite of the fact that you're all nuttier that pecan pie-, I'd like to know your opinion about co-op games for PS2. Right now I'm playing all the games in the Guitar Hero series, Pro Face off, but I'm open to different genres.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'm disappointed.

Tekken 6 is coming for PS3, yet you have the audacity to ask what console to buy next?

:declineofargentina:

3. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

It depends on what type of gaming you want to do. If you're really into getting a couple friends together, having a few drinks, and playing absolutely ridiculous games, then Wii is for you. If you get one, then I recommend getting something from the 'Katamari' series, along with some of the ridiculous sports games, as they're great for drinking activities. If you want the blu-ray capacity, and want stunning graphics, I advise getting a PS3. Between the HDMI and GTA4, that's an amazing console. If you're into Halo3, yelling at fanboys and teabagging, then I advise an XBox 360. Good luck with your decision!

Closing note: Xbx360 is the only one mentioned I'ven't played with yet.

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I've tried all three. I've had the most fun with the Wii, but the Xbox comes as a close second. The PS3 doesn't seem to be worth bothering with, since they're so drastically behind that everybody is porting their products to other consoles anyways.

I'd suggest the Wii if you're more of a party gamer than a twitch gamer. If you're looking for a more varied system, go with the Xbox. I've seen everything from Viva Pinata to OH GOD THE GOREZ on it. It benefits from the best marketing ploy.

5. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I'm an Xbox man myself. There's a few games on the PS3 I'd like to play (MGS4 and Tekken 6 among them), but not enough to justify the price tag.

There was a time in my life that was consumed with Tekken 3, followed by Tekken T(b)ag; I played it with my cousin at least 2 hours a day. But then he got an Xbox, and Halo. I'm certain I've logged more hours playing that game than any other, on console or PC. Sadly, the sequels failed to sustain the feel of the first, and finesse was replaced with more gunz. Don't get me wrong, they are great games in their own right, but they pander to the kiddies a bit too much I think.

6. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

PICS.

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Bunny get a PS3, the 360 had the head start but the PS3 is starting to comeinto its own now that developers are seeing how much further they can push the system.

If nothing else a bluray disc can hold a HUGE amount of data meaning that the dvd discs the 360 uses are going to mean lots more 'downloadable content' to even make xbox game playable in the future, combine that with the fact that xbox live costs money and ps3 internet multiplayer is free and that since bluray is the new movie medium of choice and the 360 can't play them the system keeps looking worse.

More people have 360's for 2 reasons only:

1. Its cheaper
    2. Halo

Not enough to keep me interested at all.

And the Wii is an entirely different system, you can't really compare it to the xbox or the playstation. I personally don't like it, but plenty of people do.

8. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Alright, PS3 it is, then.

And now, the games!

Our Host!