ScriptEd 1.50 Beta released

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dark Elf, Jul 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    DJ_Unique has released a new version of ScriptEd, which will hopefully help the modders out there with all your scripting endeavours. </blockquote><a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/tools/ScriptEd_1_50-beta-build2-setup.exe">Get it here!</a>

Now, this is not the final version, and therefore it may still have a few unresolved odds and ends (that's why it's called Beta, after all). For more information regarding what this little tool does and doesn't, </blockquote><a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14836">check this thread!</a>

Thanks DJ_Unique!

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Let me be the first one to report an error

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You should probably report the error in the thread DJ-Unique made about it, which I linked to in the original post (and, being the lazy bastard I am, won't bother to retype into this reply :D )

4. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

These kind of errors are difficult to troubleshoot with that little information.

It tries to open Arcanum3.dat but something is wrong with the path name.

I can't say any more without more information. I have tried various situations: whitespaces in ARcanum installation folder (no error), rename arcanum3.dat to something else (File not found instead of invalid filename) so I just can't tell what's going on.

There is a file called datlib.log that logs all DAT operations so the contents of that log file would be appreciated, helps me a bit to determine the cause of this. It's saved to your ScriptEd installation folder.

5. team a

team a New Member

I noticed that my errors with 1.50 Beta build 2 gave me the option to e-mail them to DJ_Unique. You might want to do that.

6. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

An upgraded script editor is quite a surprise to me. Sure the old one was quite rough but I wouldn't think anyone would actually bother to go through with such an idea.

A great gift for the modding community,
    thanks Dj_Unique !

Our Host!