TOEE or Masquerade: anyone here play these? Comments?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Howard Stern, Feb 15, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

I just beat Arcanum and thinking of buying Temple of elemental evil and Masquerade. Are these any good?

I used to play WOW you guys ever play that?

2. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Grab VtM:B and patch it up a little. Great game with great characters, a pretty good plot, and a kick ass soundtrack. Very little Sabbat representation though, which is my biggest gripe. Never played TOEE, but I heard it's way buggy. Oh wait, this is a Troika forum so I guess that goes without saying. Still, I'd rather put up with bugs than piss poor game design.

...and MMORPGs are the Devil. The Devil I say. Rot your teeth out, they will.

3. Learan

Learan New Member

Yeah I'm still playing it on official servers, even if I realized it's not that good. In the end it's only about mindless grinding... But I can't say it didn't keep me busy for more than 2 years :roll:

4. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

what exactly is grinding?

5. HL1ownsHL2

HL1ownsHL2 New Member

killing things repeatedly in one area for gold and xp. waiting for them to respawn then doing it again. it's boring, but sometimes you just need those motes of water

6. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

you just kill lots of monsters to level up...wow feels great when you beat it. aka lvl 70 and some epics. but its not as fun as say, enjoying a real game like arcanum.

7. Learan

Learan New Member

Once you get 70 and tried few classes, wow is only a stupid drug. If you think of it, there's an huge lack of atmosphere and freedom. The main plot is okay but that's it... In PvE you grind bosses, which are fun only for the first times. In PvP you grind other players, that is fun only for the first days :/

Anyways this is seriously off-topic since this is supposed to be an Arcanum Discussion thread :p

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    All threads tend to derail after a few posts anyway, don't you worry.

Our Host!