removing time limit duration of Necromizer

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Oracle, May 27, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Oracle

Oracle Member

hiya I was wondering it was possible to remove the duration time limit of the necromizer via modding. I managed to keep an undead with me with the necromizer 2 times now. Now I can't replicate the glitch anymore and I wonderd the effect of the necromizer could be edited to last forever

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

The glitch should still be there in the 1.0.7.4 (newest) patch, that is if you're talking of the glitch I think you are.

Just summon whatever it is you want to summon and then cast a "reflection shield" spell on the summoned critter. Cancel them in the same order as you cast them, that is cancel the summon spell before the reflection shield.

3. Oracle

Oracle Member

I'm familiar with the reflection shield glitch however I'm talking about undead critters here. creating an undead army is impossible. If undead critter stay alive after canceling the summon undead spell, them will atack you.

What I want is to edit the necromizers effect to last forever. but I have no idea if its possible or not.

4. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

I posted this in another thread and I thought I'd add it here for people searching in the future:

Yes. No hex editing is required.
    After undatting the various .dat files, go into the rules folder. You will find SpellList.mes which defines all the spells.
    Then simply change the duration of the potion of haste and save the file in the data\rules directory.

// 6 -- mtMI2PotionHaste [Item: Potion of Haste]
    {13600}{AoE: Tgt_None, [Begin]AoE: Tgt_Obj_T_Critter | Tgt_Obj_No_ST_Critter_Dead, [End]AoE: Tgt_Object}
    {13601}{Cost: 0, Duration: (60 @ -1), Range: 2, Info: friendly}
    {13603}{No_Stack: 1, ItemTriggers: Item_Used}
    {13604}{AI_Defensive: (3 @ 0)}
    {13605}{[Begin], ItemTriggers: Item_Used, Type: Effect, 332, Add, Count: 8, Scaled: 16} // +20 Speed
    {13606}{[Begin], ItemTriggers: Item_Used, Type: EyeCandy, 2, Add}
    {13607}{[Begin], ItemTriggers: Item_Used, Type: EyeCandy, 3, Add, Play: Stack}
    {13608}{[End], ItemTriggers: Item_Used, Type: Effect, 332, Remove, Count: 8, Scaled: 16}
    {13609}{[End], ItemTriggers: Item_Used, Type: EyeCandy, 2, Remove}
    {13610}{[End], ItemTriggers: Item_Used, Type: EyeCandy, 3, Remove}
    {13611}{[End], ItemTriggers: Item_Used, Type: EyeCandy, 2, Add, Play: Reverse} // Dissipating

This is the relevant line for changing duration of the spell:

5. Oracle

Oracle Member

Sweet!

I new in the modding but I'm sure this will be helpfull TONGSyaBASS.

just a minor question though. instead of the 60 (as given in the example) do I just need to enter a huge number? or is there a command that coded for the infinite amount of time. potions like muscle maker have the perminet effect So I guess It can be copied from that.

6. rabidpulse

rabidpulse New Member

I have found that the effects from the tech items are treated much like spell effects by the game. For the necromizer which seems to have a 30min in game duration I just cast reflection shield after using the necromizer and let the half hour duration expire. I have also found that the same trick will work for the theraputic items (potion of persuation...) A reflection shield put up before and during the end of the effect will render it permanent. I have yet to try this with the elixer of hypnotic suggestion but it should work the same.

7. Oracle

Oracle Member

In other topic I discribed that I was able to do this permazation trick with potions. however, I didn't always worked.

how come?... no idea.

8. Xz

I believe 0 is the infinite number. :)

9. Oracle

Oracle Member

I tried making this like
    {13601}{Cost: 0, Duration: (0 @ -1), Range: 2, Info: friendly}

and

{13601}{Cost: 0, Duration: (0 @ 0), Range: 2, Info: friendly}

But after using a haste potion the effect is canceld almost directly..

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

What if you keep the time limit at sixty, and then change the decrement to 0?

11. Oracle

Oracle Member

the effect still faded after a while.

12. Xz

How about you set it at 3600 that'll last an hour, 7200 for two hours. You could also set the decrement to a positive number. :)

13. Oracle

Oracle Member

I could also try copy the duration part of permanet effects like musclemaker.

14. Xz

That's probably not a bad idea.

15. Oracle

Oracle Member

crap that didn't work, The duration of permanent effects were missing.
    Just deleting the duration part didn't work as well. The effect didn't even start

Putting a really big number in it didn't work at first, however once I put 35136000000 @ -1 seems to did the trick. I think that would be enough (about 1000 years)

The stacking is also working however the games begins to lag more when you use the same effect on you several times.

16. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

RE: permanent effects

I like this thread!

It came in handy for what I'm trying to do - make elixr of hypnosis permanent. I tried changing or removing durations and even making it "friendly" and had the same trouble as mentioned above. I guess increasing the duration to years might be the only way to go.

How long should a game last? Would 10 years be enough? I think it would be 60x60x24x365x10=315360000. I'm surprised it works though, I understood one avoids numbers with too many digits in programs.

It would also be nice to double the time for essence of intelligence so you can build stuff easier and relax during critical dialogs (Randver, Advisors, any others?).

17. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

35136000000 @ -1 translated into about a month for elixir of hypnotic suggestion. I tried messing with friendly and aggressive on it. Had to go with friendly from starting a huge brothel fight. Trying it out in the field, it expires right after a big orc bandit/yeti fight,luckily, I started a conversation with Alice... she was a whore again. Went thru the convo about what I wanted to do with her, then she says I have to pay madam Lil 1st. I head back to pay madam lil to see what happens.. there is Alice... all geared out. I try to take Alice to the bedroom, she points towards it and gets a jerky frozen animation and doesn't move. This time... I pay madam lil first, then use a hypnotic suggestion on her. Out in the field again, when it expires this time, I CAN do her out in the middle of nowhere. The whole routine works. The difference is... after that, she stays put. I'm outta hypno suggestors, and she is out in a field somewhere for good. LOL. I've noticed that the AI settings have something to do with it... AI_Aggressive 19 is exactly the same as Dominate Will. I'll work more on it.

EDIT: In an effort to make it reliant on charges ( a variety of ways.. charges on the PC, charges on the mind controlled person, etc) to maintain it... I screwed up and made it permanent somehow. This is not a final solution. It should be able to expire somehow once coded right by someone with more experience doing it than myself. I haven't yet seen it consume a single charge, but as you can tell by the maintainence costs, it should be frequently using up one battery charge... but nada. Eventually, I'll get it to end when SOMEONE is out of charges. Its the solution you were looking for, but achieved through BAD coding. It may cause other errors and conflicts down the road.. I don't know. It has taken me and my victim alot further than just setting the duration to a huge number. I've even DIED and been revived by party members and she's still in the party. Maybe the [End] should use itemtrigger: Parent_Dying or some such. Its bad coding.. but it works. BTW, alice does rock.

// 03 -- mtTechHypnoticSuggestion [item: Elixir of Hypnotic Suggestion]
    {10100}{AoE: Tgt_None, [Begin]AoE: Tgt_Obj_No_T_PC | Tgt_Obj_T_Critter | Tgt_Obj_No_ST_Critter_Animal | Tgt_Obj_No_ST_Critter_Dead | Tgt_Obj_No_ST_Critter_Undead | Tgt_Obj_No_ST_Critter_Mechanical | Tgt_Obj_No_Self, [Maintain] AoE: Tgt_Obj_T_PC , [End]AoE: Tgt_Object}
    // Note: No RESISTS!
    //--10101--Maintain: (1 @ 60), Resist: (stat_willpower @ -5), Info: friendly
    {10101}{Cost: 0, Maintain: (1 @ 10), ChargesFromCells: 1, Info: friendly}
    {10103}{No_Stack: 0, Disallowed_TSF: OSF_MIND_CONTROLLED, ItemTriggers: Item_used}
    {10104}{AI_Offensive: 19}
    {10105}{[Begin], ItemTriggers: Item_Used, Type: ObjFlag, obj_f_spell_flags, OSF_MIND_CONTROLLED, FLAG_ON}
    {10106}{[Begin], ItemTriggers: Item_Used, Type: EyeCandy, 2, Add}
    {10107}{[Maintain], ItemTriggers: Item_Used, Type: ChargeNBranch, Cost: 1}
    {10108}{[End], ItemTriggers: item_used, Type: ObjFlag, obj_f_spell_flags, OSF_MIND_CONTROLLED, FLAG_OFF}

EDIT # 2: Further testing leads me to believe (after trying JLR's WIP code found in SpellList for magneticinversion) that a food item can't be "used" and then have a "maintenance" cost. Need something like a detonator that can stay in inventor and use charges while spell is active. That or just make a freaking necklace you drop in someone's inventory. Definately a Hypnotic Suggestion Amplifier that isn't consumed on use is needed. That, or someone much better at editing spell code. Regardless of the item used to create the effect, it is a spell dammit, and should have a way of being maintained... by something other than fatigue, since on travel everything maintained by fatigue is lost.

18. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I bet those pocket watches were thought of in terms of hypnosis and the idea discarded! That would do it: if you have one then hypnosis potion is permanent. Resistance should be considered too. I don't think it has it. So that way, the high WP NPCs are unlikely to be hypnotized.

19. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

nah, action without cost is overpowered. I'm currently making an Amulet of Mental Domination which will use pretty much the same spell as the elixir, but will have a casting cost of 100 charges and a maintain cost of 4 charges per game hour. Around 100 charges per day per mind controlled person to keep them mind controlled. It will help it from being seriously abused. Much like arachnids are abused since they have no upkeep costs, but they can at least be killed and not repaired at that point. Well, back to hex editing the crap out of a necklace proto.

Our Host!