Die Hafen, Act II

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Aug 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

[OOC] I won't write anything 'cept this notice in this post. I just want to remind Wobbler that you have to write with proper grammar here on TA. He hadn't been warned, so don't flame him for this; leave that to me.
    Anyway, just capitalize and write with letters rather than numbers and everything'll be just fine, ok? [/OOC]

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Drach met eyes with this extremely confident angel, and instantly transformed into his true form; He wore a black toga, with six massive red feathered wings stretching from his back. The flaming sword of the Angel of Death appeared, sheathed at his side. His eyes lit up, his hair turned to flames, and he carried on him Gungnir, a powerful Norse weapon he won from Odin in a bet over whether or not Freya would sleep with the whole Norse Pantheon.
    "I am Drachenmurane Flammentod, second in command of the Fire Tongues, Abaddon's personal army. I am returning home from my stay in the realm of the living, and these others are friends. You know as well as I do that if I was on Charon's boat, I belong here. Who are you to speak to me as a lowly sinner?"
    He knew full well to whom he was speaking, but Samiel just really pissed him off.

3. Maximus

Maximus New Member

The Angel looked at Drach and then let out a thunderous laugh. His blade returned to its former black color and he let it hang by his side. His face relaxed to a somewhat threatening smile,

"Hail legionair, it is good to see you amongst the Chosen. I almost didn't recognize you in that vile form ...You've been amongst the human swine so long, I was starting to wonder about you.

You really shouldn't bring these lost souls here before meeting the Judge though, or He will become quite vexed....

I trust your reasons are good?"
    He let the question linger and continued to bar the path.

4. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Liz sat down and watched the different members of the party spread out and go about their business. After a little while of boredom, she started examining Friedrich's staff. It didn't appear as anything more than expensive, but she knew that it had to have some sort of power. If not that, at least a little of Friedrich's essence.

5. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

" Dammit! DAMMIT! F**king webs! GET OUT OF MY WAY!" He slashed his way futher into the cave. Even though his gladius cut the webs like butter, and even though he didn't feelt the webs, it was still hard come forward. He saw does glowing eyes coming closer at a uncomfortble speed. The damp light didn't make it any better.
    He suddenly heard to sound of something crakcking under his foot. he look down and saw four or five big spider biting in his leg and and another one making it's way upp. At last he could get a free slash and Trevor's arms were free. After a few more slashes Trevor could move his legs and he was almost completly free when a hard blow his Tanaros's hand and the gladuis fell to the ground. Just a few meters infront of him, "it" stood, a gigant spiderdemon, read to strike.

"Bloody hell. I guess you couldn't have told me about that, could you?" He almost screamed at Trevor.
    "You know, it would have help me...a least a little..." he said while he tried to hit the spiderdemon with his bare hands.
    "I can't see a bloody..." he dogded several and blocked more strike from the spider, but he were hit in his stomage which made him lose balance." ...thing down here!".

6. Grossenschwamm

Drach looked at Samiel and calmed a bit.
    "Samiel, I need you to trust me."
    Drach edged in closer to Samiel, and made sure noone could hear him.
    "Jack Shaw. He's an undead, and he plans to destroy all that is. I came here to become better armed, in preperation for what must be done. These souls will not be 'lost' for long, they're here to help."
    The monologue was followed by a solemn look, and then suddenly one of concern. Glancing over at the caves, Drach said, "Has She been fed in...well, any appreciable time before now? Two of the 'lost' might've found their way into the cave..."

7. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Seeing that one of the 'lost' was in quite big problem he wished to extend
    the show that now was.

To do this Potiri summoned fireball after fireball starting to drive
    the spider demon to the other side of the cave. Well there Potiri
    stopped to give the 'lost' a chance to get his gladius and let the "show"
    go on.

"You should thank me for this, atleast you have your sword now"
    He said and then quietly watched what was goind on.

8. Wolfsbane

Trevor, now completely free from the spiderweb, quickly backed away from the spider demon and then drew a small knife from his jacket pocket. He was just about tom warn the other demon in front of him not to stand in front of the spider, but it was way too late.
    The spider, now revealed in the glowing light of Podris fireball, looked like a chitin-clad woman, with spiderweb for hair and eight long legs coming from her back. She lacked human arms, but seemed to be quite balanced anyway.
    With a hissing sound she thrusted several legs towards Podri, and at the same time shot spiderweb towards his feet, from her mouth.

Trevor saw his chance, the demons being wrapped in combat with each other, and ran at the demon, thrusting the dagger with all his strength.
    It was useless; the spider merely retracted one of it's legs and used it to swipe Trevor of his feet. Then, it turned the leg against him and gored his stomach, pinning him to the ground.

"Be still, filth" she said, "I'll deal with you later. And you, Podri, get out of my cavern and leave these poor creatures to me; it would be a shame if I had to eat you..."

9. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Samiel drifted down and stood before Drach and lowering his voice, sensing he wanted a less public conversation.

"...What must be done? Who is this Jack Shaw that you'd return here for armaments? Surely you could find enough crude weapons of war amongst the human camps, unless he's one of us...?

"Even so, I'm not sure if Zahgurim the Armorer will allow you to arm the unclean-"
    , he nodded toward the others.

"Tell me, why come all the way back here for a few weapons? Revenge, War, or did he just piss you off? If your reasons are worthy, I'll show you where he and his armory now resides..."

Almost as an after thought, he glanced over at the cave and could just make out some muffled screams over all the screaming and yelling in Hell, "It seems that the spider is about to feast, shall we go and watch?", a twisted look of satisfaction upon his face.

10. Grossenschwamm

"Hmm? Ah, yes. They seem to be in trouble, both...What? Three of them? The two undead are with me. I have no idea what Potiri thinks he's doing. We should probably intervene."
    Samiel and Drach flew to the cave, [OOC] Hey, sorry to take control of your character for a bit, Maximus. It's nothing major, I'm just going to have both of us fly to the mouth of the cave.[/OOC] as quickly as their wings would allow.
    "I'm going to head in," Drach brandished Gungnir, and prepared to throw it at the spider demon, "and by 'head in' I mean throw this spear."
    Gungnir never missed, and returned to the hand that threw it. Drach was fairly confident that this alone would ensure a swift victory.
    As the spear was thrown, it became a bolt of lightning, and struck the spider-demon in her abdomen. It didn't kill her, but definitely hindered her progress (of eating the two undead) and caused her to wince, releasing Trevor from the ground, and Potiri from her claws.
    He decided to tell the rest of his story as Gungnir returned to his grasp.
    "Like I had said, he wants to destroy everything. Not just Earth, but Heaven and Hell. Unless Zahgurim doesn't mind not existing for the next forever, He'd better just bite the bullet and let us do what must be done.
    "Shaw came into contact with the remains of Death's scythe. He's made ammunition from the shards of the weapon, and he can kill anything. Anything. Regardless of strengths, regardless of immortality.
    He killed Friedrich Schneider. In front of all of Die Hafen's patrons. Believe it or not, he scared us. He can kill Him.
    "I guess you can call it revenge; He interrupted my time on stage. He killed the proprietor of the only place any of us feel at home while on earth. And he threatens existance itself. What would you do?"

11. wobbler

Knowing the strenght of the spider demon, Potiri backed away.

"hey, im not after to combat you, i just wan't a show that's longer then four seconds; he said with a grim smile, and Drach, i don't think you
    should throw that spear again, unless you wanna battle her for real.
    And by the way, what is happening here? I thought you would be up
    in Die Hafen enoying some drinks, not down here?" then he finished
    and waited for an answer and watched the battle waging in the cave.

12. Wolfsbane

Trevor, now set free from the spider, quickly got to his feet and readied himself for the next blow which, to his great suprice, never came. The demoness had curled herself up against the wall, appearantly mending the wound Drachenmunes spear'd caused.
    The demoness looked at the three other demons in front of her with hate in her eyes, and then whispered, in a most unnerving voice:

"You are most unwise, powerful ones, to try and defend these filthy undeads from me, by trying to scar me, in my very own lair. This will not go unnoticed. And as for you..." She looked at Trevor with a mixture of hate and satisfaction in her eyes,
    "Why are you bothering me again? You know that I can't return it to you now; it is by far too late for that. Besides, why would I ever want to even dream of doing such a stupid thing? She's none of my concern..."

Trevor answered with a cunny smile, and waved the tiny knife in his hands in front of the demoness, who's eyes widened at the sight of it.

"If you won't give her back, you disgusting creature, I'll take her by force. Now, where is she?"

He stepped closer, the blade in his hand now shining brightly. The demoness, however, seemed to regain some confidence and steadied herself as Trevor aproached.

"We'll see."

She said, and smiled an evil smile.

13. itachi988

itachi988 New Member

Aerth didn´t rally know what to do because he didn´t want to get hurt before he had fulfilled his search.
    He did, howerer, sense a very evil and sinister soul who had been lurking here for a very long time. The demon that he sensed seemed to very agile and therefore it could be dangerous to go inte a close-combat with it.

"The others seem to do well anyway so i´ll study them for now. It could be useful if i end up in a fight with them."

Also, Aerth smiled a little knowing that he was following them instead of having to argue with the noisy demon a little bit away from them.

14. Grossenschwamm

"She's so powerful...our boss could have a run for his money if she ever decided the cave was too small."
    Drach's fear was almost palpable. He had dared to defy his lord only once, and it was one time too much.
    In his earlier days, it was decreed that all of the most heinous sinners; men and women alike, would come to the ninth and final level of hell, the level watched directly by the Prince of Darkness. One day, a child entered level nine. Drach was sent to collect the child and bring her to The Morning Star, where she would be flash-frozen by a flap of Satan's wings, and shattered.
    However, part of Drach's innate abilities brought to his attention that she was an innocent. She had never even belched out of turn. This being said (or known), Drach took it upon himself to personally fly her to Purgatory, at which time she was immediately spotted by Him, and brought to Heaven.
    Satan was not pleased. He let out a roar that could split mountains, and summoned Drach to his presence. He immediately tore open Drach's chest, removed his heart, and said, "I hold your life in my hand. If you ever defy me again, I'll have this by my side so that I might extinguish the fire of your soul. Your body will turn to stone, and the Alu will urinate upon your corpse, until it has been worn away by years of neglect and uric acid. Do you understand?"
    Through the blinding pain of his open chest cavity, Drach responded, "Yes, my lord..."
    In short, all Drach was able to do after Gungnir returned to his grasp was watch the events unfold within the cave, hoping everything would go well and quickly; Who knows where Shaw was headed right now?
    Then, what Potiri had said finally clicked.
    "Friedrich is dead, Potiri. Die Hafen was leveled. That's why I'm here."

15. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Samiel stood at the cave entrance, watching the spectacle unfold before him, his arms crossed and a smile on his face. It had been entirely too long since he'd enjoyed any sport, and was taking it all in. Then Drach joined in and tossed a bolt of lightning at the spider. How unfortunate, he was hoping to see some gore and feasting.

Then Drach told him the story of why they had come, and a look of concern crossed his face.

"He had Death's Scythe? He probably didn't let him just walk off with it... He was a friend of mine. And you say he's threatening 'Him' as well? That shouldn't be of much concern, as I doubt anything could destroy that. But Death was my friend, and for his sake, I will guide you to the Armorer.

"I must warn you though, he wont be very happy to see any of us. He's been a bit tempermental since the Trojans laid seige to his camp three hundred years ago, and made off with half his stock. Its been hell for us ever since, trying to recover them, but he blames us all anyways. Now he's got a veritable fortress with a small army of sinners converted into soldiers guarding the place. Fifty years ago, a band of demons went to him looking for some simple razor-barbed spears and found themselves set on fire with burning pitch and a hundred arrows stuck in each one of them. Afterwords he locked them each in a red-hot sarcophagas that continually burns them alive. They might still be in there ... maybe someone should let them out?"

Shrugging nonchalantly, "We can set off as soon as you're all done playing with the bug."

16. wobbler

"what? he's dead? but how? I mean, he was the most powerfull man on Earth!
    Who would ever want kill him and who could possible have the power? I dont think there's a demon powerfull enough to kill him and
    getting away alive? so now tell me who did this and why does this bring you here?"
    Potiri finsihed now totally focused on Drach, looking more concerend then before.

17. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Liz sat just outside the elevator, still studying Friedrich's staff. She could hear some sounds of battle a little way off, but it didn't concern her, so she didn't care. She had examined the staff tediously, and at times she had felt a little something, a little spark of power hidden deep within the staff. These sparks had spurred her examination onward, but now she had not felt anything for quite a while, so she laid the staff to rest.

She was getting kind of tired, and there was something about falling asleep while in hell that seemed very amusing. So she closed her eyes, smiling.

18. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Since Trevor seemed to have the upper hand over the Spiderdemon, Tanaros stomped a few spiders away from the blade so he could grab his sword. With the sword in his right hand and his large roundshield on his left, he felt more comfotrtable with the situation. He could just see the silhuette of Trevor a few meters in fornt of him, and behind Trevor was does "evil-looking" eyes of the Spiderdemon. Tanaros would have shivered, but since it's hard to shiver if you can't "feel" anything with your body, he didn't.

"Sooo... what happens now" he asked Trevor while smashing a spider away from his leg.
    " These spiders are a little bit irretating and I don't like the fact that there are a few men covering the opening of this cave so I can't see anything."

He walked futher into the cave until he was just on the right side of Trevor.
    "Nice dagger, by the way. Are you any good with it?" he said while trying to remember if anyone had ever teached him any good tricks to kill Spiderdemons...

19. Wolfsbane

Trevor moved slowly against the demon. One misstake now, he knew, would be the end of him. If she catched him before he got a chance to strike her with the blade... Then he'd lost. For ever.

The demoness hissed as he moved closer, and started to move sideways by the cave wall, her fanged legs moving as a cage in front of her. To Trevors great suprice and fear, the wound Drachenmunes spear'd caused had vanished. The demoness was whole again, much to the two undeads disadvantage.

The spider looked at Tanaros, and spoke to him in a cunny voice:

You too, son of Greece? You too try to defeat me? With that? A sword made by men is supposed to wound me, when a spear of the Gods could not? No. Back away, weakling; My quarrel is not with you.

Then, she fixed her eyes again at Trevor, who'd made a move against her. He ran as fast as he could, and stabbed the blade in front of him.

There was a moment in which the demoness screamed. It was a freezing, ungodly screemed which ached in the listerners ears all the way down to their soul, making them fall to the ground in endless agony. Alas, it was over a moment later.

Before the others stood the demoness and Trevor, locked in what seemed like a battle of strength. Trevor seemed to've hit the demon, but not hard enough. Both of them were shivering; the demoness weakened by Drachenmunes attack and by the wound caused by Trevors blade.

No-one seemed able to get the better of the other though, and interfering could easily cause the defeat of either one or the other. Hate was burning n their eyes as the struggle continued...

20. itachi988

itachi988 New Member

"Now is the time" Aerth thought to himself as he drew his blade and starting running towards the Spider-demon.
    His mind were focused and he knew exactly what to do. He tryed to get close to the demoness as fast as possible without wasting to much energy and moved as quietly as he could. When he was almost there he stopped for a swift second to get a sense of feeling for the place he was just about to fight in.

"So much hatred in such a small fragile body"

As the thought entered his mind he transformed inte his demonic shape.
    His eyes were still hidden but his body started to grow in a rapid rate and wings sprouted on each of side of his back. The sword, Samehada, also grew a little bit and runes started to glow with the color of dark-purple. Runes also became noteable on his chest and and his hands became a little bit more claw-shape but still retained much of the human form, mostly because otherwise he would lack the ability of using his sword.

After his little transformation he began charging at the demoness again, only a little bit faster this time.

"Make your move" he thought as he smiled...

Our Host!