Cynthia Boggs escape

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by mfs9, Jun 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

A while ago I have noticed that many think that you can't put your hands on Bates' journal without killing the whole bunch there. No need to kill them. If you wait until evening, Bates will go to sleep, opening the door. Then you go inside, bash the chest (he even won't notice), grab his things, wait until morning, and go outside with him.
    (Of course, in the case of our serial killer, it won't matter)

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

After a little more thought I could wipe out the mansion, take the journal, kill the dwarf in the BMC mines and read his pillar and then kill Loghaire and take the note to Min Gorad. But I don't think I can get around talking in Quintara, plus its impossible to kill the Silver Lady.

So after the Wheel Clan if I go on a killing spree in Quintara before forcing Caladon, Tsen Ang and Tulla and wiping them out, then force Vendigroth get the device, kill Stringy Pete and finally kill Nasrudin. Then tell Kerghan he needn't bother, its been done.

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Loghair, Raven and Min Gorad are all carrying a note in their inventory, telling you what to do next. It's unnecessary to go to Qintarra a second time; just get the boat from Stringy and go to Nasrudin. BUT! Make sure that you have the Vendigroth device ready when you do so. Else, you can't do shit in the Void.
    And I found another little problem: You're going to have to face Kerghan and talk to him, it's bound to happen when you enter his "room".

4. Vorak

If you don't have the device that huge sword you get in the Void can kill him in his regenerative shell.

Well since Kerghan considers himself to be among the dead rather than the living, its okay to talk to him. I had to talk to Virgil at the start as well, but I just cut him off and killed him. I'll also have to approach Loghaire in combat mode or it'll automatically enter into dialogue.

5. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

I still say a cool thing to do would be toarm her to the teeth and see how well she fairs.....failing that you could always disarm the gaurads and give her better odds!

6. Wolfsbane

GRRR!!! Where do you get that sword everybody's talking about? I've scavanged the entire fucking Void for it, but it just won't appear! Where do you find it, really?

7. Vorak

Take the teleporters between the land masses and look carefully around the edges of the land. One of them has a staircase leading to a cave.

8. Wolfsbane

9. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

The Kygrith Falchion (or however the fuck you spell it) is a kick ass little weapon!

I once gave it to Waromon and he sliced and diced his way through the void with ease!

10. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I almost forgot. Also the Wheel Clan is no more.

11. Vorak

Including Thorvald on the Isle of Despair?

12. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Yes. I took care to kill everybody & loot everything.

13. Vorak

14. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Helping her escape was very easy. I just bashed the windows (or shutters, whatever), just waited for the guards to walk away. They'ld start bitching if they catch you redhanded but never even notice that the window is missing. If they ask you about Cynthia I said she was my slave. Then you just sneak out and try keeping away from the front gate, and go straight to the ship.

15. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Ehh, the nice thing in this that only one guard will ask you about her. And you can avoid it by not going too close to him :lol:

16. cadaver

cadaver New Member

Now we were on talking on 'not speaking at all' and 'kill every1'.
    Has any1 ever finished the game without a single kill?

17. Maximus

Maximus New Member

You probably could, provided you had lots of followers to do your dirty-work. You'd probably want a character with high Persuasion and Charisma, perhaps a noble-born thief. But would it be any fun?

18. cadaver

cadaver New Member

Don't think so, but its a rather big challenge to put off.

19. Vorak

Well there is the question of how you'd finish without killing Kerghan.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although I've never encountered it, there seems to be a way to talk Kergan out of his plan. I keep finding references to the PC doing that and then returning to become a new god of Arcanum.

Our Host!