PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightTurnClyde, Sep 29, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RightTurnClyde

RightTurnClyde New Member

(now going back for a third helping of my words)

People, I beg of you, there is a board here called something like "Arcanum hints, tips and stratagies". If you have questions you need answered about the "game quests" etc., PLEASE post them there, and not on the "General Discussion" board. That's just impolite.

There is no reason to be ashamed of not knowing something about the game, I am not trying to call anyone stupid. But there is a proper place to ask certain questions, and I don't think the "General Discussion" board is the place to ask "how do I achieve this generic quest". That should be for the hint board.

I am not angry, every one needs help now and again, no one knows everything, but you can find help on the hints board for game quest type questions.

And Rojo, I won't beat the crap out of anybody who still asks for quest help here. I tease you because I like you.

2. Milo

Milo New Member

What's the big deal. It's the mods job to move the threads if they want to. If they don't care, why should anyone else?

3. RightTurnClyde

RightTurnClyde New Member

Ok, truly it does say "discuss anything you want here". No it's not really a big deal, I just think that ALL users would be best served by an individual posting their questions in the proper board.

When I need answers to a quest type game problem that I am having trouble with, I would look in the "hints" type board first. If everyone looking for hints/spoilers/etc. stuck to the same board, and stuck to posting there, it would do nothing less than help everyone who has questions about that sort of thing, and also those looking for answers.

Again, I would never dare call anyone stupid for the questions they asked, I just think they would do themselves and other searchers of answers a significant justice by posting their questions in the proper board.

By the way, thanks for challenging me. The more one is challenged, the more one has to think.

I'm not a dick, really.

4. Soldador

Soldador New Member

I agree RightTurnClyde... quests should be posted on that second forum.

5. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

I post my threads in the proper areas, Genernal blitherings in the General section, and game questions in the Tips and Tactics section, however it's causes me no physical harm, as well, it's no money out of my pocket if someone asks a game question in the General section, so I don't care either way and check both boards anyway and more than happy to answer questions on either board.

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

During my first few weeks here, I didn't even look at the General Discussion section.

7. Janus the Cruel

Janus the Cruel New Member

Mmm.. it doesn't take a whole hell of alot of effort to not read something. I mean, its got to take someone more time to write a thread than for you to look at a title and not click. So what if you don't like it? Don't read it. Its not a terrible imposition on you to ignore something..

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Yeah, but what if the topic is interesting its just the subject that doesn't seem to attract. Like reading a story or watching a movie. After reading the titles, they don't seem attractive to watch until you heard from the review.

Our Host!