How to resserect Virgil?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by VetteroX, Sep 28, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. VetteroX

VetteroX New Member

Ok, virgil runs away from you after you go to the dark elf village. He says hes going to caladon. After searching there, you find him killed by some guys in the cellar under the sobbing onion. How do u resserect him if you are a tech char? I cant use a scroll of res. I have these magic beans but dont know how to use them. Can anyone help me figure this out?

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Welcome to the forum, VetteroX! The bean is unidentified so let someone identify it. It's a resurrecting bean.

3. VetteroX

VetteroX New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I know they are res beans, I identified them. i dont know how to use them. I tried: right clicking on them, like a scroll, putting them in the ready area, then clicking on it, like you use lock picks or shovels, putting it in virgils inventory, throwing it the dirt (maybe something would grow?) nothing worked. So again, if your a tech char and not able to use magic, how do you bring virgil back to life?

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

First get a resurrecting spell or the bean. Then use your fate points and choose the one about spells at maximum or have a critical success. Use the scroll or bean at Virgil. To use it, put the scroll or bean in your quick slot. Left-click it then left-click Virgil.

5. VetteroX

VetteroX New Member

I tried that. Wont work. Apparently, spells seem only to count as spells you "buy" with your points. When I clicked spells at maximum, I used the scroll, and it failed, and I noticed the fate point wasnt used. The bean wont even let me click on it. I bought a potion, I cant drink it, I guess its because im 100% tech. In the manal it says 100% tech will never be able to use magic, 100% magic will never be able to use tech. Im good at figuring stuff out in games and ive really puzzled over this.... theres negatives and posatives for being 100% tech or magic... I suppose This is a negative for being 100% tech, you just can't bring virgil back. If anyone can tell me if a 100% tech char can possibly bring virgil back, plz tell me, but im just gonna move on and play the game.

6. tarin

tarin New Member

if you re a tech you find a schematic on the isle of dispain with read it that you re able
    to build a tech ressurecting potion you can also buy the potion from some traders i think
    (mebbee in ashbury)

7. Rojo

Rojo New Member

Potion of Restore Life I believe it is. I even saw the herbalist (next to the electronics guy) in Tarant selling it one time.

In traveling to Tarant, would leaving Virgil dead that long keep you from ressurecting him anyway?

Other than that, the only think I can think for you to do is use the editor to give you 100 magickal aptitude for the time being. (Last resort, certainly)

8. Xtzchild

Xtzchild New Member

NEVER!

dont cheat man!
    who is starting to cheat a little here and a little there is DOOMED FOREVER!
    :smile:
    by the way virgil is not that importent! i hate the bastard!

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I think you can.

10. Tokke

Tokke New Member

Why so desperate for Virgil. As 100% tech his spells Will not easily work on you and he's not that good of a fighter. You'd better get the tech healstres in Dernholm.

11. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

You mean Jayna.

12. Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel New Member

GUYS! What are you talking about? Virgil didn't came out of me! Maybe it's about i'm totally hacked and max charisma? Virgil is with me now. In flesh and blood. I'm going to solve the Nasredin's quest.

13. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Welcome to the forum, Fallen_Angel! :smile:

First member for this month?

14. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

He's much better fighter- an' personality-wise after ya join the dark elves an' kill that Joachim goody-goody, IMO... :smile:

15. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Our Host!