I am tired of this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADLAX, Mar 3, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

That's bullshit, and you know it. I usually don't stand up for the yankees, but now I will. The current US president might be considered stupid and weak of mind, but he's no fucking retard. He KNOWS what a nuclear war would lead to, and therefore he willn't use nukes, even as a last resort. There was a time when the US could, and frankly, that time has come and gone with the developement of new and better bombs.
    The wrong hands I'm talking about is excentric terrorists or religious fanatics who claims that the world should end if this happens/ doesn't hapen. THEY are the true enemy of the world. A government can always be thrown down, while a terror-network cannot.

2. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Idea is good, but with current guard systems it seems very hard for those terrorist, who don't go farther than crushing an airplain on the building, to get those nukes. Maybe Pakistan could give them few, but P. itself has only 30.
    Well, and about Pres. I didn't mean current one. I meant what can happen if more radical President will come.

3. Wolfsbane

You have to get this: In America, believe it or not, a COMPLETE asshole can be elected president, but he won't stay president for that long. The people will eventually throw him down, if they feel that something bad is goin' on.

4. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Yup, the same people who elected him will understand he's evil and remove him from his presidency before he has time to press the big red button.

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

When I become an evil overlord, I will make all of my big buttons blue, and then my enemies will be confused AND afraid.

6. MADLAX

MADLAX New Member

Yup, if America nuked any country (even the farthest one from America) itself would receive considerable damage, unclear weapon is indeed horrorable. So even an asshole won't make so foolish a dicision.
    And the only worry now is that the terrorist would ever be able to touch any of the nukes, if so, the world would be in danger, and on one can get any benefit from the disastar.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

There's a quote from some movie that I believe goes like:
    "I don't fear the person who wants 100 nukes, or a thousand nukes, or even a million. I only fear the person who wants only 1."

8. Wolfsbane

9. Maximus

Maximus New Member

First off, you cant put the genie back in the bottle, so the whole bit about a safer world without nukes is pointless. They are a reality, and served their purpose during the Cold War (AKA WWIII) when the US and USSR contemplated mutual suicide during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Images of 'Dr. Strangelove' come to mind....

In todays world, Nukes are just a symbol of power for most countries, and a deterent to other governments to stay out or else. Effectively a radioactive 'No Trespassing' sign. But useless as weapons. They make a terrible mess, irradiate the resources and land you wanted to plunder, and defeats the true purpose of warfare - the elimination of the slow, dumb, weak, and unlucky.

I seriously doubt any sane, developed country would ever use nukes again, or else places like Chechnya and Afghanistan would be glass factories. The world learned of the horrors of the Bomb, and hopefully has learned from its mistakes. Plus, the Geneva Convention restricts the use of indiscrimate weapons like nukes and chemical warfare. Not that anybody listens.

Regarding a war between China and America? It would be ugly, and both sides would lose. The world economy would collapse and bring an end to two mighty empires, without even figuring in the loss of life and mass destruction that would follow. Of course, then Japan would appear as a hidden giant and crush what was left of the Chinese and be the dominant power on Earth. Russia will defeat itself with its own economy and lack of understanding of free enterprise. And the rest of the world would do what they always do. Nothing.

10. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Heh. :roll:

11. Wolfsbane

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

13. MADLAX

MADLAX New Member

Japan? Hiden Giant?? Oh noooooooooo.

14. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

You're right. It is not hidden. :roll:

15. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

As unrealistic as a world without nukes is, I think we're already living in it. Sure there are threats of nuclear bombardment, but ANY country stupid enough to use nuclear arms would just be damning themselves to a long winter, and the game Fallout may not seem too far from reality. The only "safe" weapons we can possibly use are good old fashioned gunpowder-loaded charges, in the stately cylindrical shape, complete with fins. That, and maybe neutron bombs. they don't have a lasting effect on the environment, but they're an ugly thing to see go off.

16. MADLAX

MADLAX New Member

Damned. Have you nothing else to do except bothering me?

17. Wolfsbane

Why should he (or we) not want to bother you? It's FUN to bother people!

18. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

I rarely agree with you, but now I have to.
    MAD, be patient. I was only pulling their attention on us. Don't worry. Several days later we will show them.

19. Wolfsbane

Nice little message to MAD, there. Exactly how are you planning to "get us"?

20. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

You think I will tell this secret to famous spammer? :)

Our Host!