Editing autolevel schemes

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Regressor, Jan 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've seen that one in shops a couple times. In fact, in a couple of play throughs I did, that's the only place I found it. It can be in treasure chests too.

2. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Sorry to have bothered you again but another thing happened. During the firearms master quest I found a Mechanised Armour. Yuh-peeh. And When I tried giving it to Gar nothing happened. I removed all other armor from his inventory but he still woudn't put it on. I tried placing it in his exact armor swot - and still no luck. He doesn't have no apparent reason not to wear the armor. And he is the only one in my party who has enough sreanth low enough magical aptitude and a medium body type. And for the first time I managed the junk in the inventory so that almoust nobody should have any encumbaces. I can't give this heavy armour to anybody but Gar. The interesting thing was that When I returned to Tarrant the "invertor" was selling minute steamworks, which I encountered for the first time in the game. Well not that I had the Elite Platemail anyway, but it was stil an irony.
    But the last drop was when I found the Electric Armor schematic and buid one Gar still won't wear it. Is this some kind o fa bug? By the way I have the last patch.

Also I read somewhere here that some of your magical equipment can interfere with equipment with more thech aptitude. In the moment Virgil is wearing a Galem's Helm, two Fated Rings a Force Shield Mechanical Gauntlets and a Envenomed Sword. Even if remove all the magical item the aptitude adjustment the tech items give remains the same. In the moment I'm trying to keep him going only with some Magical Robes and if they don't work I'll try dead armor on him. Would you advise me on what equipment to use with him?

And is there a way to alter your characters' attributes not the Auto Level scheme but his present stats. I tried openind th save files with notepad but the only coherent text is building labels in cities. I wanna do so cause I found out that the points I've put into healing are of no use at all. I could 've as well become a master at haggle instead.
    What would you say? Is there anything uselfull that merchant wou not normally sell that's worth advansing in haggle? My auotolevel scheme includes I think 2 points of Persuation which I can skip. If some trader owns some of the most advanced guns, then maybe upgading my gunsmithy to the top would be useless. What would you say? Is there anything uselfull that merchant wou not normally sell that's worth advansing in haggle?

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Gar will only wear Barbarian armour, Plate Mail, Bronzed Plate or any magical type of Plate Mail.

Magic and Tech armour won't interfer with one another (I think) but if a character is magic alligned then they won't draw much protection from tech armour and vice versa for a tech character using magic items. If a magic user uses tech weapons or a tech person uses magic weapons, then things can go wrong.

Download a savegame editor if you want to readjust points.

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

A mage will have the full benefits from a tech-armour, BUT he will have an extremely higher rate of crittical faliure when performing a skill of any kind.

5. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Ah:???: How come? Anyway what mgaical Plate Mails are there? I never remember encountering one. By the way you can use the schematics with minute versions of the armors to produce a minute version of the resulting armor. I can use a Dwarven Platemail to make a Minute Electric Armor Right?
    Yeah is the apdtitude ajustment to critical failure for every single check. Because I don't see how Gauntlets could fail for instance. What Armor would you suggest to give to Virigil?
    I did but it won't open my character possibly because he is from the pregerated ones. Is there any way to edit those.
    Oh shuks I'm gonna download the hack that removes the 50-level cap and level those point up the regular way. Might also become a master at repair while I'm at it.
    Can you tell me which shpkeepers I should visit after I become a master at Haggle. As in who have cool shit they won't normally sell.
    I also tried to download Sinbad's mod but it gave me an error while I was trying to install it

6. Wolfsbane

Most shopkeepers lack the cool shit you're looking for. They're just as boring as me. Or at least most of them.

7. Grossenschwamm

If by dwarven plate you mean a small elite platemail, then yes, you can make a dwarven-sized machined plate. Any type of platemail or chainmail that you cannot make can't be turned into a new item, unless you count broken items as new.
    As for the shopkeepers, every shopkeeper has a technically random inventory. No one shopkeeper has a better inventory than any other, it's all in percentages. Just wait outside of a store for a day or two after checking a shopkeeper's inventory. Etiher that, or check one shop, WALK to the next town, check that shop, and continue, making a circuit. the latter is a HUGE waste of time, though. Much more of a waste than just standing outside of a store for a few days.

8. Wolfsbane

I've managed to make my Arcanum advance to the 20:th century :)
    I think that's kind of cool.

9. Grossenschwamm

I almost did that with my first playthrough. I had about two more days left in 1899, but I was already in the void at that point.

10. Regressor

Regressor New Member

It took me quite awile to solve the mystery: Why oh why do gun's speed drop with five points once they get in Franklin Payne's arms. And why do bow become 5 points faster when they I gave them to Raven. The answer is sipmle - because Raven is actually the only one who has some expertise in a skill - She is an expert in bow. This makes her the probably the best follower in the game. And Ellumyr's (whatever's) bow with 25 speed is as good as the machined gun. Only without the silly ammo wasting.
    -----

Anyhow. Now i'm just to compleate stringy Pete's quests, and I still haven't finished the persuation masters quest. I want to do it the best way and have that little gnome most happy with me. The walktrough (GameBanshee-salute to them the only that actually helped me with the problem - as usual they're the best at this.) said I had to have 19 CHA. But I'm still wandering if I should put anymore than 18 points in charima? What do you think? Is 20 points in charisma any good. In anycase I don't plan I'm not planning to set mayhem in the mids of towns and kill too much "good souls" and "good natured creatures". Are there any situations and conversations that require some additional charisma.

And 20 is never the cap for the prime attrubutes, right? Causse I put 2 charged rings on a charachter with 18 dex and in his character list it still shows 20 dexterity. I mean 20+ on any atribute gives all the benefits like additional action point for 20+ Dex and bonuses to all skill related to the attributed.

And last, but very important. I have a major problem with the game crashing anytime I try to go into the Rosenborough Inn. I couldn't find any info on this anywhere.
    I've shot the Lethe Wyvern (I mean with the camera. Maybe also with my hand canonnon. Well I could've kind of killed it a little:roll: ). And I carry the journalist's camera, and also the crash site camera. I carry the Rosenborough Inn match. And I bring the ancient looking glass and filament for that guy that wants a proof for the existence of technology in the past. See if any of this info can help you or if someone is suffering the same problem. If you can advice me what to do!! :-(

11. Grossenschwamm

It's probably got something to do with the 1074 patch. I never had any problems with arcanum until I installed this so-called fix. My game crashes at some very inopportune times, but isn't that when something always crashes? Anyway, there's nothing you can really do about it except save just before you enter, and if it crashes, just restart and try again. If that doesn't work, start a whole new game and see if it happens.

Our Host!