Editing autolevel schemes

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Regressor, Jan 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Regressor

Regressor New Member

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/station/downloads/arcundat.zip

First up the link doesn't work. I found another link on anoher thread but it doesn't work either.

Plus there are some of us that don't know how to "undat" a .dat file.

All I want to do is to buy a point of persuation earlier than my scheme would nomally do so. You know to get the more followers. I'm now at level 8 and I get to have the 3 persuation needed for expert level at 13. I don't want to change anythink else. Just to get the point of persuation earlier. And move the rest one level up to unlil 13th and leave the rest as it is everthing should stay as it is. If I just raise a point of persuation then put the scheme back on it all will get messed up - I'll have a point more in persuation more and otherwise a level behind. And I don't want to go and do it all manually

I also want to know how the build-in progress. The best way to do so I found was - is in the world editor to create a critter of the given race to asign a scheme to him/her and to watch him change stats as I change their level.

I hope someone could help me out. And thank you.

btw hello to all of you, since this is my first post. :)

2. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

3. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Uhm sorry for the double post! Happens to me a lot lately. It's my goddamn connection. I often click the send send button and after nothing happens after a minute, stop it, go to the index to chech if it was sent, then send it again to find after awile that I sent it twice. Once I edited I stopped it edited it and the nonedited message got shown as posted a minute later than the edited. Once again sorry! :roll:

4. mathboy

mathboy New Member

5. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Thanks. I found another link just after I posted but thanks anyway. Just edited my scheme, just have to wait until I reach next level. :thumbup:

6. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Just I don't open a separete thread everytime, I'd like to ask some other stuff I'd need help for.

Well I found the match in the Chianese brothers' mausoleum, while I was doing the quest from the Phrenologist. I went to the gentleman's club and I remembe that blasted drunkard "Matt De Cesare" (or somethink like that) told me it was his, and it was even noted in my log. But later I fucked up my save and I had to load way back. And so I went and talked again to him but this time he doesn't tell me anything. If you could please help me. Could I complete the quest anyway? What do I have to do? If it's impossible can I somehow hack the game to compleate it anyway? Where do I have to go. I was just in the "Hall of Records" when I screwed my save. I was going to check up on him.

And besides that I can't find Sogg. I left him in front of PSchuyler and sons and replaced him with Magnus but now I have 12 Ch and am an expert in Persuation I can have 3 more followers. I got "world's smatest orc" with me but Sogg is nowhere to be found. Neither where I left him nor where I found him - the Inn in Shrouded Hills. Where should I seek the old Ogre. I recruited the healer from Dehrmholm just 'cos I had a number to fill, but I think she would be useless since I have "heal" myself and at level 2 it don't do shit, I think she would only waste bandages. And I dont even have the coin to buy her any equipment.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

You can use the edit button if you have something to add after the fact. You'll need to be a little more specific about how far back you are etc., and while we might be able to help you out on this one, this is an important lesson about always making backup saves.

So wait, you told him to wait and then walked away and didn't come back? That was a stupid move if you wanted him. He's gone, I have no idea if or where you can find him again.

Jayna is pretty useful. She can make stat boosters and she's not bad with a sword eventually. At low levels she doesn't have the greatest heal skill, hence the wasted bandages, but that gets better. Of course, your opinion of her is your own opinion of her.

When we refer to undating, we refer to using a program called Arcanun to decompress the Arcanum .dat files and removing key files. These files are easily openable in notepad or wordpad and can be edited if you know how to do such things.

By the way, you can just turn a scheme off if you want to go a different route...

8. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Check if Sogg is back in Shrouded Hills.

9. Box of Fox

Box of Fox New Member

Re-check the Shrouded Hills. I lost Magnus at one point and had to wait 5 days until he finally re-appeared outside P Schulyer.

10. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Nevermind. I looked it over at a walkthrough and found that I have to talk to a half-orc in the middle of Tarrant. Now I reached a level enough to recruit the Halflink in Derholom and I had to dump Jayna. Vollinger (whatever his name was) is far more usefull. It's a pity I can't use her to cook up some potion for me. But shouldn't I be able for recruit 5 people - 3 for having 12 Ch and +2 bonus from being Persuation expert. At this level (17) even if I recruited Sogg he would be too weak to help me properly.

Could someone explain to how the how deal with the distribution of exp. point between me and my followers. My followers raise in level anytime I reach next level. I haven't noticed anyone leveling elseway. Then what's that white line below my experience bar that gets bigger everytime any of my followers kills someone. It's like that exp. is wasted. I like have to kill everything myself in order to get proper exp of a fight. But then again why did I took those followers in the first place? I'ld uderstood if the experience went into improving of my followers but...

And this is what need most to be answered - How do I get those bloody idiots to follow my commands while in combat? It's like someone get beaten down really hard, and no matter how much I give them the commans walk or stay close, they just don't do anything. If I tell them to back off it's even worst - they just sit in one place and wait to get killed again "walk" and "stay close" don't work. That just freaks me out. They could've program them to fucking whine when their health bar gets red but not how to save their own ass. I fucken can't make any more complicated battle that way. It doesn't work either in turn-based nor in real-time battle.

And it's another matter that by the way I cliched on someone's icon and gave him a command he'ld be dead 100 times because the game is fucking laggy. There must something wrong for a game with such graphics to run such a way on my comp. I have 256 RAM a 128 video card. The only thing is that my processor has fucked up - it's somethin from the BIOS with the multiplayer. But nnow it 950Mz - more than enough for a
    game so old.

11. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I protest! You'd also like to have her pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen, huh? Chauvinist! :p

Yes, they level that way. They continue levelling when you've reached lvl 50 if they're not there already.

You get experience from their killing; if you kill something yourself you get experience for every punch/kick/whatever you give, but if they attack it, you only get experience when they're done with it.

I don't think you can actually direct their every action. If someone knows how, I'd be pleased to know it.

12. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Uhn... no she looks too ugly in her avatar. I will not cooperate into bringing an offsping of hers into this world. And besides that's the proper place for her since she can't fight and oughta leave that to the ones who can - the real Men.

Yeah! So what?!

Yeah, I read th "Uber-FAQ". You get exp everytimr you inflict damage and an extra if deliver "the finishing blow". So if you kill by yourself you get more exp and you followers gain levels woth you. But if you let them do that for you both get less exp. and you both level more slowly. Makes no goddamn sence to me.

That's fucking retarded. They've comed up with a script thjat would allow you to give orders to your follower, but not when it's most urgent. Otherwise the controls aren't that bad. When you get used to it, especialy using the hotkeys it's pretty convinient.

13. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Yet anther question. I just noticed that the quality braodsword has a 18 str. requirement. I considered it to be the best weapon by far and gave one to Magnus and Gar. Now I know there is a penalty for having less than 18 str. What weapon should I give them - balanced sword or feather-light axe. And what about magical weapons - the only possibly usefull I found so far are the "Light" and "Poison" (were they called air sword and sword of venom, whatever) the only not significantly inclined members in my party are Gar and Virgil (and don't even think he has the strength to wield the mentioned above.)
    Damn it. I have like about 7-8 grand in stock and I don't what to do with it. I can't find a good small armour. And we are three "little people" in the party. The best one I've put on Magnus, and it's a magic armor, I found ... on the crash site, I think. If you can help with choosing weapon and armour. I'ld most grateful.

14. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Hi, me again. Uhm...
    I wanted to ask you bout somethink. Now I had the "Envenomed Axe" schematic and I just had all the materials and I just paid a visit to Tarrant. I mean I was just so eager to make the goddamn axe you know just like a little boy :roll: . I bought all the manuals and shit and to my supprise after I combined the items ... and opedned my inventory ... instead of an axe I found a sword :/ . Yeah instead of a an "Envenomed Axe" I had created an "Envenomed Sword" . Out of an axe no less :-?!! On top of it all I already had another "Envenomed Sword" so this one was useless! I tryed several times and everyyime the same happened. And the stdpid think is that I had bought the "Envenomed Sword" schematic just before I overwrote my prebious save, as I supposed that if I haden't learned it this woun't happen and I could produce the stpid axe. I don't even knoe it's attributes.

I tried installing the last patch. It didn't work. The same think happened.
    But somethink else changed. When I press space bar the menus don't close. I won't be telling you how angry was I when I found this. :/ :???: :-x :x :x :x I'm still surprised I didn't break my keyboard then. I telling you I can't play like that. It took me awile to understand that you can clean all the menus and screens with the space bar. And until than I just had an uneasy time juggling around the a menu intil I get to the actual game play.
    I'm teelling you this is urgent I can't continue playing the game like this SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE :)cry: ). It has to be the way it was before, or I'll just stop playing the game at all.

15. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You could just go to a technologist's store and buy an envenomed axe. The same thing happens to me whenever I try to make one with the schematic. Every item that you find (or make) in the game has a certain chance of appearing in the store, except for the machined plate or electro-armor. If you want a higher chance of seeing the envenomed axe in a store, then just get the shopkeeper hack and install it.

16. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Thank you very much.

But perhaps I didn't make myself clear. When I said it was urgent I meant the other thing - the space bar not functioning like it should. If someone could just tell me how to fix that. I mean I'll uninstall the patch if I have to. But I hope there will be no need.

17. Grossenschwamm

Sorry about that, I started typing about the envenomed axe and forgot what else I was answering. Does your spacebar work in other applications? Also, if you really are having a hard time with all the mnus in the game, most of them have a small window that shows the game's progress in the upper left-hand corner of the screen; you can click on it when you want to return to gameplay. Other than that, if you're in the main menu of arcanum (i.e. you were saving your game), then press the "ESC" key, and that should bring you back into arcanum.

18. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Thank you very much.
    One may think that the problem is insignificant, but it wasn't for me. I didn't know that you can click on the round screen to close the menus. I got used to using it now. Thanks again!

This from the "Uber FAG":
    At the moment I have the Shaman Staff and the Staff of Xoranth, none of their descriptions says anyting about holding stores of mana. Which of the two is better i.e. holds more "mana". I'm asking because I Josmund with me and I don't know what weapon to give - he's the first in my party to have a significant magical aptittude. I have the stillwater blade (the one which summnes animals) but I think I need to give him a staff to compensate for all the dwarven penalties. Does he even make a usefull charachter. So far I've seen in randoom encounters he only summons uselless fire lementals who never make it to the enemy because the rest of the party have circled around and done with the enemy long ago. This one time I tried telling the party to back off but a litle after that Josmund passed out from maintaining the elemental. I'll soon have the chance of finding new followers so I could without any problem change him for another.

And also where could I find the High Velocity Pistol schematic. I have at least three schematics that use it as prerequites. I'm just going to visit Caladon for the first time. Do I still have the chance of finding the schematic?

19. Grossenschwamm

Ah, Jormund isn't really worth the effort it takes to save him. He's got the whole "dwarven fatigue penalty" thing going on. Basically, if I want a powerful mage in my party, I'll use the level 127 patch, and either buff up my main character, or just lay everything on Virgil. As far as items having a certain mana charge...that's news to me. I never bothered with any magickal items except for armor, or magickal weapons that increase stats. If I wanted a certain spell, again, I'd just make one of my characters learn it. As for the high velocity pistol schematic, wait a few days outside of an inventor's shop, and check the inventory every now and then. It may take a little while, but short of using the shopkeeper's hack, it's the best way to get certain hard to find items and/or schemata.

20. Regressor

Regressor New Member

Thank you again I already dumped the dwarf, and got Raven in my party.

My mistake I meant the Charged Accelarator Gun. Is that schematic sold in shops?

Our Host!