Railguns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scaramouche, Feb 3, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

"waaaa!!! some stranger on the internet won't listen to me!!!!"

that's you.

"hahaha, you're stupid."

that's me.

and i think Japes is funny. what you think is irrelevant.

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

"Someone is having a conversation about something I don't understand. I must butt in and mock someone as it's the only way I can take part."

That's you.

I'd say Calis and Gross were having a reasonably civil debate. It only got nasty when you stuck your nose in and exaggerated Gross being "pissy" so you could get some brown-nosing in with "the creator".

No doubt what I'm saying is "irrelevant" but anything you may say in return is equally "irrelevant" so let's all sit in the dark and never say anything.

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

boohoo, tongs hate me, i guess i'll go eat worms.

4. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I think you're cool Grossenschwaum, what with you're big words and stuff.
    Rosie's just having one of her bad cat days, so don't let it keep you away.
    I must now return to the cool, moist earth of the lurker pit.

5. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Damn is that darkwalker? Have not seen you here in god -knows how many years. Still have that sig that milo made i see.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Wow, it looks like I know how to bring out the best in some people. Regardless of the emotions behind it, I have definitely gained some recognition.
    *edit* By the way, thanks, Darkwalker. I don't think any of the senior board members have responded to me quite like you did.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I recognized you for having the ugliest portrait of a turtle-person in the world as your sig.

8. Grossenschwamm

Pfft. Mammals are over-rated.
    Besides, my portait is Gorgoth, the easiest character to understand in Arcanum.

9. Calis

Calis Member

Yeah, I know that there is a difference between linearly accelerating a ferromagnet, for the simple reason that you got your field vectors pointing in a different direction. I do know about weak Gauss guns; I made one when I was 11.
    And I do realize I got anal about stuff, that's how I get when discussing physics in inexact terms. Same reason I supported that other guy in the entire fluids-vs-liquids thing a while ago (even though he was arguing with Blinky, and I do feel some kinship with Blinky since he's also a stoner-slash-physics-geek). On the upside, I can find no fault in your latest description. Good job, you finally got your tech-language exact enough to meet my overly-anal conditions. :D

10. Grossenschwamm

Hooray! I'm...really not feeling any better. Well, I'm glad that's all settled. And I'm sorry for calling you anal.

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Hey man, no worries. You were right, liquids are fluids with extra conditions relative to air. I just had an little demi-epiphany about how the primary difference is pretty much only vapor pressure. Unless there are other inate differences you wish to enlighten me about, that means you can basically treat them as identical.

This does open of the question of question or not air has viscosity. I can't think of an experiment at the moment, nor am I motivated enough to google it, but that is a point worth investigating when I'm not as tired.

12. Grossenschwamm

Wouldn't friction be considered a measure of viscosity? If that's the case, a simple observation of anything that causes drag would make do.

13. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

14. Grossenschwamm

Our Host!