Arcane Set

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by TONGSyaBASS, Mar 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

When you get a full set of arcane armour do you receive a special bonus?

I found this in the global variables:
    {1072}{bragg - Counter for Arcane Armor,Helm,Shield, and Sword Set}
    But when I checked out the items they did not have a script attached which changed GV1072.

So is the bonus still in the game?
    If so, do you get it simply by putting the stuff on or do you have to talk to someone / go somewhere?

Does anyone know how the scripting is accomplished?

2. Asrudin

Asrudin New Member

You probably noticed there is alot in the files that's not in the game.

There are alot of clues to the unfinished missing college of which I made study long ago. An unwritten Plato book nr. 5, vaguely scripted spells, certain unexplained flags, etc...

I never knew about this one but I guess it's also one of the unfinished parts of the game :)

If it was ingame there would have been a flag notice in every equip scripts of each of above mentioned itemscripts. Since there aren't it's just another line in the flag reference file.

3. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

It reminds me of Fallout 2 :cry:

4. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Sadly yes.
    Did you notice that they intended to put roads in arcanum? I found that one a bit of a surprise.

When I checked out the scripts (or lack of scripts) attached to the arcane set I assumed it was unfinished but I just wanted to check.
    I'll add that to my list of things to do for my patch. So far most of the things I have fixed have been tech items (e.g. clockwork physician, explosive decoy, machined plate) so the arcane thing will give wizards a reason to download it.

Funny thing is I've already done an arcane set type thing with some of the tech armour for my mod. If you wear electro-armour, carry a tesla rod and wear the chapeau of magnetic inversion you gain the effect "Captain Dynamo" which grants various electrical bonuses.

Our Host!