Help with Savegame Editor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RabidChipmunk, Sep 23, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk New Member

I just downloaded the savegame editor and I can't get it to install on my harddrive. I double click on the .exe and a dialog box pops up telling me:

Class not registered.
    You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL

Now the read me explains what to do, and I go under the run option in Windows and type "Regsvr32 C:windowssystemmsstdfmt.dll".

The readme states this should get the file properly installed under the Windows system folder, but I'm still having problems. Now I get this message:

Cannot find the file 'Redsvr32 (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

I'm confused now. What do I do now? Any help would be great!

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RabidChipmunk on 2001-09-23 17:09 ]</font>

2. Soldador

Soldador New Member

well, I have never seen that, but I think that finding this file and putting it in your /windows/system directory should help... If not, type in which version of windows you have... and version of save editor might come handy, too.

3. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk New Member

4. Soldador

Soldador New Member

Well, that's strange, on my win 98 /i got second edition/ everything worked... I don't think I can help you more than directing you to topic 'editor' in that "hints" forum...

5. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

RabidChipmunk now you put in the message that you type "Regsvr32 C:windowssystemmsstdfmt.dll". Is this exactly how you typed it, as it should look like this "Regsvr32 C:windowssystemmsstdfmt.dll"? Also did you make sure you moved the msstdfmt.dll file into the Windows System folder? Also was there anything more to the error message, because if there was it would help to see it.

6. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

You can download it from my site or TA's website but I suggest you do that with TA. The current version is 1.7 and DKoepp made it. :smile:

8. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Good for you! :smile:

10. BreeYarrk

BreeYarrk New Member

register the file?

Hell im lucky if i kin figgure out how to register the game.

how does a body register a file?

btw im getting a similar error with my editor

11. Rajni Paomyrt

Rajni Paomyrt New Member

Please can anyone help me. I am looking for the Arcanum savegame editor but without success. Please help

12. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I don't know many details, but I've heard good things about Arcanum-Club.ru - so maybe you could look there.

13. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Google tells me that these links provide working save game editors:

http://www.mofunzone.com/game_trainers/arcanum_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura.shtml

http://www.fileplanet.com/81128/80000/fileinfo/Arcanum-Save-Game-Editor-v1.8

The second of the two is a direct download link, I've not used either personally so use at your own risk but people elsewhere said they seemed to work.

Alternately, Drog made a Debug menu for Virgil, the details and a download link found here. Depending on what you were wanting the editor for (and so long as you haven't brutally murdered him), it may be of use to you and you don't have to download anything from suspect websites (well, so long as you don't consider this place too suspect).

That Russian website seems sketchy as hell, "Give us all your personal details and we will definitely put you in a queue to become a member and definitely not sell your details to whomever we feel like - wink." I guess it's a good thing Drog stole all their hard work and gave it to us.

14. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Man, you guys are a lot nicer than I'd be for a 15 year gravedig post. Probably why nobody really likes me.

15. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

To boot, this is not where we address technical or game-related issues. The General Discussion is where we celebrate your differences by attacking each other for them.

ytzk likes this.
  16. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I try to be nicer for the stuff relating to us being an Arcanum fansite, and there is a whole bunch of Arcanum threads in General Discussion for whatever reason dating from the early 2000s so you can see why someone might find one here.

I guess I'm just saving my pent up frustrations for a new guy who has the audacity to think they can just join up and post straight away in a non-Arcanum related thread, I mean who do these newcomers think they are? They seriously think they can come here, to our forum, and just post in General Discussion? Jesus!

17. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

This is no place for your humanitarianism, friendliness, and general positive attitude Jojo.

Jojobobo likes this.
  18. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I might have the tool you're looking for. While cleaning off old hard drives in preparation for destroying them (I realized, recently, I had a stack of ~10 hard drives ranging in size from 20gb-1.5tb which were replaced due to giving warning signs of death) earlier today, I stumbled upon a zip called arcanumedit.zip which appears to be a save game editor. I've added it to this post, and will work in getting it uploaded into the Downloads section (since I don't see it there) sometime soon.

Attached Files:

Foehammer, papa_dog_1999 and ytzk like this.
  19. Foehammer

Foehammer New Member

Hey thanks for the link. But my windows wont let me regsvr32 the files cause of compatability issues it says ><

Also, hi, new here

20. darkreaper013

darkreaper013 New Member

HI, also new.

I may be mistaken, but more than likely the compatibility issue you have run into is the result of running an x64 or 64-bit version of windows be it 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (i hope you aren't still running vista though that has an x64 version as well.) The ocx and dll files are (more than likely) configured for solely an x86 or 32-bit version of windows. To the best of my knowledge there is not a good workaround for this, though if anyone has suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Our Host!