Help Terra-Arcanum stay alive

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

For those of you who don't know, the hosting for Terra-Arcanum is provided by Taluntain of <a href="http://www.sorcerers.net">Sorcerers.net</a>. If you also didn't know, the ad banners pay sweet bugger all (or in fact, a little bit more than nothing) when it comes to actually keeping this place running. Well, the server we run on is in need of a RAM upgrade:
    <br><blockquote>Sorcerer's Place and all our hosted sites have grown and expanded considerably, and the recent server CPU upgrade alone wasn't enough. We need more RAM, badly. I've done all I could in terms of optimization, but overall it doesn't mean much - we still get occasional blackouts, slowdowns, and even complete server shutdowns because the load is simply too high for the server to handle over a prolonged period of time.
    <br>
    <br>So, I'm putting out a call for donations. Money collected here will benefit everyone, as it will directly improve accessibility and performance of SP and our hosted sites. So, if you can, <a href="https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=donations@sorcerers.net&item_name=Donations+for+Terra+Arcanum&no_shipping=1">please donate</a> for the cause. The memory upgrade consists of a set-up fee ($75) and $30 every month after that. That makes it about $435 for the first year. I hope we can raise this amount in one go and then forget about it for a year (before we have to raise it again). This money will be used strictly for upgrading the server with another gigabyte of RAM.
    <br>
    <br>Thanks in advance to all who decide to help out!</blockquote>
    <br><a href="https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=donations@sorcerers.net&item_name=Donations+for+Terra+Arcanum&no_shipping=1">You can donate here</a>. Even just a lazy $5 will be much appreciated.

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i donated. again.
    that means i'm cool like old-school.

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I got you nigga, get yeself a dub sack wit dat.

Heh, ok, I'll never do that again.

4. DarkUnderlord

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

This had better not go to your bangbros.com monthly subscription fee DU, count me in for a generous 10000 copper pieces.

6. DarkUnderlord

No, guys picking girls up off the street and banging them in the back of a van is a little too lower class for my tastes. I'm much more into Twistys.com

7. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

Would helping out with hosting ease the financial burden? Seems quite steep what they are requesting

8. DarkUnderlord

It wouldn't really, no. Keep in mind that $435 charge is for all the sites on the sorcerers network, of which TA is but one. All the sites have chipped in to help.

Our Host!