Is Sofokl stupid?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jungle Japes, Dec 11, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Is Sofokl stupid?

1. No, he's just Russian.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. He's not stupid, he just thinks he's smarter than he really is.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. He's pretty stupid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. He's a fucking retard.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Why can't I be a feminist even if I'm a man? I will continue to be so until the both sexes are equalized. And that's the final.

2. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Sexes are equalized. Xiao, I mean that girl, who said woman dominating is the best system that can be expected, said it seriously. Tell please name of site, where I can pass australian IQ testing. Scales differ seriously, because 140 is the highest line named "phenomenal" and you have 176, which is almost unattainable. By this scale I, while tested last time a week ago, got 148. 8 points greater than lowest phenomenal degree of smartness! :)

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

No, sexes aren't totally equalized today. Women are still being abused all over the world, and dicrimination's a fact.

I don't think that feminin rule would change anything. We differ much but we are the same when it comes to power. We're assholes.

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Sofokl, I'll let that equalized comment pass bearing your age in mind. Perhaps you're just too young for the thought to have occured to you that they aren't. You should start looking more closely at these things though. Don't read about them. Look, with your own eyes. Listen. You'll quickly figure out what's ACTUALLY going on, and how it's different from what people tell you is going on.

5. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Yes, they are not equalized COMPLETELY, because this world is traditionally man-ruled, but in the most things they're equilized. In Russia they seem to be not equilized, because parents don't try to give their girls good education (that can't be said about boys), and, therefore, boys are dominating again. Ah, and that popular discussion about structure of men and women brains...

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

That thing about male/female brains is complete bullshit.

Except the part about women having a greater pain resistance than men. That's true - we have to give birth in probably the MEANEST method on the planet. I mean, seriously...

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Chestbursters would suck more. Be thankful for that at least.

The only reason many women aren't proficient in math and science is because, from an early age, they're told these things are boring. Barbie doesn't do math, she doesn't like science. It's all low-grade, sexist, psychological conditioning. I know many women who have broken from that mold, and they're as intelligent as I am.

Similarly, boys aren't told to keep journals. We aren't told that writing is a nice way to express yourself. We're told that if you're mad you should go play soccer. If a guy likes writing it's assumed it's going to be the more analytical writing, like political commentaries or philosophy. Last time I submitted a poem here, granted it was mushy as fuck, but everyone looked at it and said, "OMG, Blinky wrote a poem? That's so... weird."

8. Notharah

Notharah New Member

Is it weird for guys to write poetry? :S :S :/
    That's a first I've head o' that :p

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

At least in my town it's always raised an eyebrow or two. I did get in a fight with some kid who called me a queer for writing poems one time. It must have sucked for him to have gotten the shit kicked out of him by a raging homosexual, huh?

10. Canis

Canis New Member

That's fascinating. I was under the impression that there was a growing mountain of evidence regarding the physical differences between the sexes, but I guess I was mistaken. Thanks for clearing that up, sweetcheeks.

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

She was refering to the "men are better at math, women are better at writing" argument. And no, there isn't a growing mountain of evidence stating that out and out.

There are many differences between the sexes involving the brain, the manner in which they learn, retention methods, etc. However, none of this evidence can say that women are specifically better or worse in one subject area compared to men.

12. Canis

Canis New Member

But what she said was, "That thing about male/female brains is complete bullshit."

Right. Glad we're on the same page.

13. rEt.aR.d

rEt.aR.d New Member

Oh, I just flames Sofokl 30 minutes ago. All my flaming juices are expired so I'm just gonna say something short. Sofokl, you say you don't disrespect women. Dude!! You treat them like fucking-poles that you can just fuck whenever you feel like it.

Hmmm... I'm kinda getting mixed feelings about whether or not I want Sofokl banned. Well, his patheticness is actually hilarious, but on the other hand some of his posts just really offend you and make you sick. And again, I want to help you, but on the other hand you might be beyond help.

Oh, and there are many physical, emotional, and mental differences between men and woman. One for example is that woman are more resistant to pain, another is that men are naturally more muscular (note, I said naturally, not always), just like in Arcanum :) !!! By the way, we were created different for a reason.

(By the way I voted for "He's a fucking retard.")

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Don't make me stab you, Canis.

I wasn't told that science was boring, I just had no interest in it. "Why should I care about atomic mass," said I, "when there's a pile of interesting novels in my locker just begging to be read?"

15. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Just for the record, I didn't intend this as a 'Should Sofokl be banned?' thread, so don't interpret it that way. I just wanted to clear up his misconception that scoring high on a standardized test makes other people think you are smart, or indicates that you have more intelligence than other people. Everybody has intellectual strengths and weaknesses. Being a grammar whiz doesn't make you smarter than a person who isn't. They may be better at math, science, history, etc. Some of the people I've met who have the most 'intellect' (i.e. they do very well in school) are also the most socially inept. They can't make friends easily or carry on a good conversation, and they end up marrying the first girl/guy that will give them the time of day, because they think it is their only chance(and they may be right).

I think it would be ridiculous to ban Sofokl, or anybody else, simply because we find their opinions distasteful. Since he stopped double-posting, I haven't noticed Sofokl breaking the core rules of this forum, so as far as I'm concerned, he could be in favor of enslaving all women, slaughtering all other races, or starting a nuclear war; we still don't have grounds to ban him.

16. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

rEt.aR.d, your name characterizes you wholy. I treat them so, baecause THEY wanted so. If I would have met girl who wanted discussions about everything, about Love&love, for example, I would gladly be with her. That girl, who is called "girlfriend" is stupid, and others resemble her much. But, of course, I have a girl, whom I can talk intelligently and discuss everything - from school to Love and aspects of nuclear physics. I didn't say "girls are fuckholes".

17. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I follow the approach that I find a much better desplay of intelligence and maturity, in which I just don't give the stupid fuckpole girls the time of day. Regardless of what you think you know, this girl of yours DOESN'T want to be treated as such. What you find stupid actually matters to her.

And if you anything in that sack of flesh you call a scrotum you'll either try to appreciate her for both her brains and her logic, or you'll come out and tell her you don't give a shit about her or what she thinks and leave her be. Doing anything else is tantamount to the sort of disrespectful bullshit you've been repeatedly accused of.

rEt.aR.d... just shut up. We've all noticed you don't like Sofokl, it's quite clear. But these tantrums only make you look very stupid. About as stupid as he does.

As to the offensiveness of Sofokl's posts... grow up. Offensive they may be, but if you can't learn to coexist with ideals you find foreign or offensive without getting upset then you're either going to end up living in your own very small little box, or you're going to be a very frustrated person.

Caity, you're cute, the little english major. But science is, IMHO, quite interesting. Atomic mass is a very stupid part of chemistry, it's just required knowledge to know the more interesting things. That's pretty much the case for all basic chemistry, none of it is very interesting. When you get more advanced it's much more fun though.

18. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

19. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

His name is not rEt.aR.d, it is piopio.

Also I agree with blinky, if I ever get a daughter I will never allow more than one barbie into her room. Oh and I will train my dogs that it is okay to chew them into pieces. Worked with my sister, no barbies survived the first two months.

20. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

100% casualties, I'm impressed. I only ever got up to like... 70-80%. Last few always eluded me... tricky bastards.

Support is certainly a nice word to use for limited amount of tolerance.

Our Host!