Leeds sucks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Nov 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    English people are ugly and have no fashion-sense. Traffic is insane, people are driving on the wrong side of the road and the bus is never on time (especially now as they're "repairing" all the roads). Everything here smells bad, rows of run-down brown brick houses seems to be all that people are capable to build, the house I'm staying at has probably got rot in the walls so I've developed a rather nasty cough. Food looks absolutely disgusting, I've tried marmite and nearly died from the experience. I'm seriously bored out of my skull, Trinity and All Saints College isn't all that fun, I want home for a variety of reasons and the worst of it all is that I've got to stay here for five more weeks (fortunately though booze IS much cheaper and you can get it at the local supermarket, so I might, I say MIGHT, be able to actually manage).

How's that for a stream of thought?

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

3. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

4. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Can I have all your money and/or your apartment/house? Plus a hard boiled egg of course.

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

If your girlfriend survives, can I have her?

6. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Too bad the sheriff is not around here, so he could educate you on how.....you are really not wrong are you?
    How is the beer there?

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

They also have bad teeth.

No, it's the right side of the road to drive on. The left side, that is, is the right side. Confused yet?

The sun never shines there, how do you expect anything to dry properly?

Hahaha, I can't believe you got suckered in to trying marmite. Someone should have told you it's pretty much the same as Vegemite.

Go to a soccer game, I bet the hooligans will make things interesting for you.

8. Dark Elf

Media:
    Agreed. Of course, I don't really have any money, I don't own my own apartment or house and I'm all out of eggs, but yeah, you could have that if you wish.

I'd come back and haunt both of you.

I'm never wrong. I'm omniscient. I define what's right or wrong in this world.

About the only thing that's actually good over here. The Guinness you get in Scandinavia isn't anywhere near the stuff you get here (though, that could just be my imagination tricking me).

You only do it because it's not in your culture to adopt any good ideas.

It's because I'm adventurous like that. I've also had fish and chips, spam, and one day when I've starved myself for a week and my cholesterol is at an all-time low I'll try on a Full English Breakfast, and then go for a coronary bypass.

Everyone back home expects me to be a full-fledged hooligan when I get back. I couldn't care less about soccer, but smashing people's faces in with a baseball bat always had a certain appeal to it...

Oh, and one more complaint - your keyboard layout sucks as well, you don't have the three last letters of the alphabet and things like the @ and the ? are in the wrong places. Shame!

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

All the people i know say that england is ugly, but there shall be some great spots for hunting. When i get rich i shall go hunting in Scotland.

As for the beer, do they have dahls?

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

You tried MARMITE? WILLINGLY? :-o

Dude, I'm an Aussie and I won't even touch the stuff. (Vegemite is only acceptable on toast with lots and lots of butter. It's revolting.)

Flee, flee whilst you still can!

11. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Holy crap. I knew things were bizarre over there, but I didn't expect them to be so English.

Anyway, try to relax and enjoy, at least you could get yourself the Discworld Illustrated Screenplay (£9.99). When you get back, I'll bomb you with my love news. (Oh, because I can also get English and be beyond bizarre!)

12. floyd

floyd New Member

Marmite?

I had [​IMG] once, so I sorta kinda understand the horror. Twiglets taste like shit.

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

wow. that's creepy.

that's... funny.

14. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

To quote Samuel L. Jackson after recieving fish'n'chips in Leeds: "What the fuck'd they do to this fish? Batter it to death?" *throws fish out car window*

15. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

So on my English contest I had a question "Is Leeds a world financical and trade center or London is?" Is'nt Leeds a financical center, DE ? :D

16. Dark Elf

Media:
    Supposedly, which sadly enough doesn't keep it from sucking.

I've nearly emptied that jar of marmite by the way, mainly because I'm too cheap to throw away something I've bought with my precious money and it's anyhow quite passable as long as you spread it extremely thinly and add lots of other stuff to hide the taste.

It's meant to be healthy, but I don't really see myself running a risk of developing a Vitamin B deficiency, since there's so much of it in the beer I drink.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I cannot BELIEVE you've eaten so much of that stuff. Don't believe that Vitamin B thing, BTW... It's about as good for you as a kick in the balls, and the bollock-mauling would probably hurt less. (Yes, I've spent time in Britain too. I was in Scotland. They rule there.)

18. Dark Elf

Media:
    You take one slice of toast and spread a thin layer of marmite on it. Then you take another slice of toast, put an artery-hardening layer of butter on it as well as half a pack of sliced garlic salami, put these two slices of bread together, have a munch of it and VOILA, you've eaten marmite without actually feeling (much of) the taste of it!

And you have absolutely no say at all on being kicked in the balls. You couldn't possibly know the kind of neutering sort of pain that comes with it.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

:D I have brothers. I have seen the results of a good bollock-kick. How else was I supposed to win fights as a kid?

Our Host!