What happened at RPGCodex?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sheriff Fatman, May 7, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

de·ni·al Pronunciation Key (d-nl) n.
    2. Psychology. An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings.

After a long absence, the first thing you come back to post about is an event that occured over two years ago. It'd be like me complaining about custom avatars and saying "Bitter? I'M NOT FUCKING BITTER!". :p

If you're into twitch-based actiony space combat with a spattering of RPG elements, try this. Free 8 hour trial (which rather scaringly, I demolished in one sitting yesterday).

2. Naked_Lunch

Naked_Lunch New Member

Sheriff, you got banned for a good reason and that is because you're a dumbfuck.

3. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Rather than saying stuff like this, you should just scroll up to the original post where it says exactly why I posted.

I wondered if Codex still existed and went over there to see. While there I noticed that (a) Different people seem to be posting news etc, and (b) The MMORPG forum was a lot more active than it used to be, and the "you won't catch me in an MMORPG" posts seemed to have disappeared.

I posted the question about what was going on over there here because I was curious and thought I could rely on a mature response explaining the situation. Fortunately Calis posted one so I don't have to take too much notice of your silliness.

4. Calis

Calis Member

You're spot-on there... I think I'm pretty much the only one there supporting Exitium's analysis that it isn't a MMORPG. (based on stuff I've heard about the game - I haven't actually played it)
    Yeah, I can see where you're coming from there. Rosh has a tendency to try and degenerate any and all discussions he hits into an insult-fest.
    Good to hear you're doing good. As for games, I barely play games myself anymore. I play some Unreal Tournament (the old one) online or against my housemates, and that's just about it.

5. Naked_Lunch

Naked_Lunch New Member

Wow, man. Sucks for you.

Aren't you being a little bit of a fucking drama queen here? "OH MY GOD! TROIKA DID D&D! FUCK IT! I CAN'T LIVE ANYMORE! IT'S NOT WORTH IT! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME SO?!?!?!"

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

And your basing this statement on?.....

7. Naked_Lunch

Naked_Lunch New Member

8. Sheriff Fatman

Comes a point when the limits of gaming start to tell I think. It's like the fantasy genre in literature - after a while the lack of originality is the stand-out quality of most novels. When games started hitting me like that I just lost interest.

How come you still play the old UT? I used to play that a lot, but quite enjoyed the move to 2k3. It lost a lot of the feel but the gameplay worked for me.

Nice to see Nobodie comes to my defence against random forum moron 937. Nobodie loves me!

9. DarkUnderlord

I didn't ask why you posted. Read your own post though. What's the first thing you mention? What then is the issue that's raised in the rest of this thread? What are we talking about right now? Why does your post appear to be nothing more than a dig at the Codex? Seriously, get over it. You got banned, it's terrible. It was two years ago. Either go to the Codex and ask to be unbanned and start posting there again seeing as you love the place so much or learn to deal. Reading a whole bunch of "I got banned" stuff from you is - like I said - akin to me complaining about Custom Avatars. It's very, very silly.

10. Sheriff Fatman

I don't need to read my own post to know how I feel, DU :D

Your interpretation of it doesn't change the fact I don't feel bitter.

I've barely posted on web forums in 2 years and tbh feel a bit embarassed about how much I got into them before. I was working in a company whose work dried up and had to fill time somehow. I suppose in such emptiness it's easy to get things skewed.

The pettiness in this thread alone, where some people are obviously shoring up their own crumbling self-esteem by trying to score cheap points of a passing internet user, now makes me cringe. Part of me can't believe I ever attempted to talk to such people in any serious manner at all.

Oh well, I suppose I can see that you of all people probably won't relate to what I just said, DU. If it makes you feel good, go ahead and think of me being bitter about being banned at Codex. It can't hurt anyone.

11. Calis

Calis Member

Because two of my housemates have older PC's, and I need to pwn them. Playing instagib against my housemates and the self-proclaimed "Unreal god" brother of a housemate was awesome. They had trouble getting to 10 kills before I reached the 25 limit. Pwning teh noobs is teh win. :D

12. DarkUnderlord

Suit yourself, Sheriff.

Our Host!