Is there romance in the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rachel12, Sep 5, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Eliane

Eliane New Member

Poor Bonnie, how many time have you been told again, and again, and again, that you HAD to have a boyfriend, or a husband? 200?500?1000?2000? It is printed so hard in your mind that you can’t even not imagine that a woman may have feeling for another. I really don’t envy you, I wouldn’t want your life, and the worse is that you are even not aware of it, you are certainly still thinking that you have a liberty of freedom in your life. It is really sad to see that no matter what women are still under male control, even if the control is more subtle and insidious that t used to be. It is so pathetic to attack a defenseless little girls, before she can even talk she told night after night story of princess falling for princes, and then she learn how to read using book with again women loving men and having plenty of children, and when she become a teen, she is asked so many times if she has a boyfriend that she doesn’t even think that maybe she’ll want a woman, and things continue until finely the little girl turn out to be just like Bonnie, a woman raised only to services her would be husband(s). You will tell me that woman have the choices in their boyfriend, that is right. before a woman was the slave of one man choused by her parent, now she is the slave of men in general, since from the very day she born she as been formatted to want only men in her life, I hardly call that an improvement. Hopefully some mother and father love enough their children to be sure that they are given the choice between all possibility and not forced in a certain way, but they aren’t the majority.

Don’t mistake this post, I am not insulting Bonnie, it is not like if she was responsible for the education she received. I only whish she had the chance to chose to love a man willingly.

2. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk New Member

3. Sirius_Sam

Sirius_Sam New Member

OoooooKay...well...thanks for sharing...I think...*shrug*

Ummmm...okey-dokey...

4. G'Kar

G'Kar New Member

Eliane, what the SAM HELL are you jabbering about??????

5. Ghost-face

Ghost-face New Member

Eliane, I believe this is forum about a computer game and not a podium for you to get on your soapbox and preach about lesbianism. If you want to have a lesbian character, that's fine. If Bonnie doesn't, that's fine too. It's not appropriate for you to use this forum to attack another person's personal beliefs.

6. Rojo

Rojo New Member

Hmm..

The 'outcast' women on the Isle of Despair must have struck a chord...I bet she killed the woman stuck in the camp rather than helping her to the outcasts.

Ok on a serious note, true, this is NOT the place for a post like that. Besides, Elaine, you don't know how Bonnie was brought up, so don't make baseless assumptions. If I were like you, I could easily *assume* a few things about your childhood that would cause you to be so hostile to the idea of a heterosexual woman.

7. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Min Gorad just basically told me to piss off. Tho Raven did seem kinda interested in me. I dont think Virgil ever gets romantically involved. Virgil I think is coined from Virgin, plus he is a priest so he probably is forbidden to do the wild mambo or get involved.

8. Bonnie_Kitten

Bonnie_Kitten New Member

Ok, my previous account I forgot the password for. But anyway, I NEVER grew up with all that princess being saved by a knight in shining armor crap.

Me raised to service my would be husband? Thats the most insulting thing I've ever had say to me!

I am a campaigner for women in the rpg community, campaigning for a girl's female character to have as many choices as a man does in a game. If you have ever played Baldur's Gate 2 and visited the unofficial forums, you'd know me from there and you would know of my hatred for a certain biast romance in that bigoted game and that I am also a member of a mod team trying to ensure that the game does give women the same choices as men have in that game.

If you knew me at all, you'd NEVER have wrote that shite. I suggest you modify your post bitch. I hate to think how YOU were brought up, or should I say dragged up. You discust me.

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

as a female character, who do you romance with in BG?
    BTW, the most female oriented game I played was resident evil. I mean all the parts have a female and 2 of them only have a female charcater to play as, that are romantically linked to someone, and they are not portayed as hysterical. More like humanytys last hope to destroy evil creatures. And not tomb raider style.

10. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

The most female oriented game I've played is The Longest Journey. The main character is female. Her landlady is a lesbian and her partner is the "handyman" at the boarding house. The heroine's best friend is a male Rastafarian. When her obnoxious neighbor comes on too strong, she kicks him in the nads. OUCH! :cry:

11. Bonnie_Kitten

Bonnie_Kitten New Member

I just hate the way the male designers of games, either force women to hook up with an ugly annoying knight prat with a horrible voice (Baldurs Gate 2) or they don't bother at all and just leave the option open for women to act like lesbians. Theres just not the same effort put into ensuring a girl gets as much of a roleplaying experience as a man does in the game. Baldur's Gate 2 has three options for guys, but only one option for girls. Arcanum has 2 options for guys, plus Madam Lil's girls, yet girls have no options and only the opprtunity to act like slutty lesbains. Thats sick in my opinion. I hate people who seem to think same sex releationships are normal. They're not, its unnatural and discusting.

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

1. As a male I thought you could only romance with aeirie or Jaheira, and also Who can you romance with as a female? (BG2)

13. Bonnie_Kitten

Bonnie_Kitten New Member

In Baldur's Gate 2, you can romance as a male character, either Aerie, Jaheira or Viconia. Female characters get only the crappy and oh so ugly Anomen. I hate that knight in shining armor shite just as much as I hate butch dykes.

14. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

in what romantic configuration would you rather have BG in? how do you think it should be done? I mean as a male, you don't get to be gay either.

15. Bonnie_Kitten

Bonnie_Kitten New Member

Yeah but why would you want to play as a gay male? Why would I want to play as a lesbian female? Why can't there be a damned straight relationship for my female character, when male characters get straight relationships???

Its funny that in games men get women, women get women, but women can rarey get men. Unless that man is a discusting knight in shining armor that looks and sounds gay, like that prat Anomen in BG2.

There IS a way to have a gay romance in BG2 with the foul Anomen, he should have been a gay romance anyway. Just ask at any of the BG2 forums and they'll tell you.

Oh btw, if anyone here is interested in BG2 and is a girl who also finds BG2 sexist, visit the mod team I'm a member of here:
    http://forgottenwars.db-forge.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

Another thing, sorry for yapping on about BG2 on an Arcanum forum. :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bonnie_Kitten on 2001-11-27 10:39 ]</font>

16. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

Wo...wo...wo…It seems I ought to start reading all the topics again. I just read this whole thread for the first time. And it is very ironic that this topic went form this is a RPG board to a blatant attack for a life style that may be a little different than your own.

Elaine was guessing how Bonnie was raised based on a very perceptive view of society. Many people are raised in believing that stuff.

I do fully support Bonnie's philosophies of allowing good female romances. As a man there is no role-playing experience more challenging than role-playing a female. Role-playing is being a character that is totally opposite of you. Yet I want a realistic experience with being a female character.

But, I do not agree that this forum is in any way a place to bash people with different views. I see Elaine as more of a woman refuting societies views on sex. I did not see it as a direct assault on Bonnie or heterosexuals in general. Yet Bonnie responded with a total assault on Elaine and lesbians in general.

I also "like" the comment "lesbian sluts" which implies that all lesbians sleep with any and every girl they can. It is possible to have a monogamous lesbian relationship.

Elaine in no way said the traditional family idea was wrong, she said there should be a choice. But Bonnie said lesbians are bad and this is terribly an inappropriate statement. Society has done its best to keep homosexuality behind closed doors. They are evil and wrong by society. The way I look at it is I can not help the fact that I find women very attractive so how could I expect for someone to change who they find attractive. Hormones are an odd thing. If someone said one day that I could only like men because that is what society deems, I would either be celibate, get ridiculed for my backwards thinking, or kill myself because there is no way in hell I am going to find another man attractive. This is what you are asking a gay or lesbian person to do, and quite frankly that repulses me more than the thought of two men having sex.

17. Bonnie_Kitten

Bonnie_Kitten New Member

Theres no way in hell I'd find another woman attractive either.

But yeah, I guess I am being a little biast. My last boyfriend turned out to be bisexual and is now gay and my best friend tried to 'comfort me' by revealing she is bisexual and saying that we don't need men. Well we don't actually, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna turn lesbian.

Oh and when I said lesbian sluts, I ment that Madam Lil's girls are obviously sluts and as they'll also do it with other women, that makes them bisexual at least. Hence the reason why I said lesbian sluts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bonnie_Kitten on 2001-11-27 10:51 ]</font>

18. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

Your ex best friend?

Stop me if I am wrong in my assumption here, but I am thinking the ex part was because she was a lesbian.

Obviously you were not a very good friend. :sad:

Edit:
    wow, I just got a bow I bet I have a record for the longest time it took to get 100 posts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: colonel_mortimer on 2001-11-27 10:56 ]</font>

19. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

be careful what you write, there is a loo here that uses these things against you :smile:

20. Bonnie_Kitten

Bonnie_Kitten New Member

Actually no. She moved away to the other side of the country. :sad:

Our Host!