Solved Mouse problem.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CharlesBHoff, Feb 7, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

you all suck. you just don't appreciate the tangy goodness that is miracle whip.

also, apparantly this debate is important enough to bring out people who have never posted before. go figure.

2. Ebopedoce

Ebopedoce New Member

I used to lurk here a few years ago. Was really entertaining. Forgot about the place for a while and created an account. I wanna be the next Spammister :D

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

right. spammisters always get banished to the void. try being the forum bitch, it pays better.

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

4 Gigahert. *applauds wildly* That's impressive. No really, it is. It'sn't like you can buy an APPLE that runs at 5. Nope, no suree. I mean, the speed isn't the only factor... Hell, you can over clock a 3.6ghz to 4.0ghz without any major upgrades to the cooling system, without even going liquid. You don't need liquid* until you hit about 4.3ghz or so. Another key factor is whether or not it's a 32bit or 64bit board. Hell, he could've a 4ghz chip, but if it's got low memory, it'll get out run by my 1.5ghz.

*this is based off our fun overclocking a friends system that's running at 4.4ghz on a 64 bit chip and board.

5. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

It over 4 gighert and it is running at hight speed overclork almost all the time than it than desktop computer.

6. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

People do that all the time man, I've seen one go 6. And they already have an AMD 64 4000+, the same thing as a 4.0 GHz intel. Do you really think you're up to date on these things?

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

damn you all for actually talking about the official topic!!!

8. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

9. DarkFool

I agree with Matah. Athlon makes the Athlon XP 64 4000+ which will run at over 4ghz easily. You're behind on times aren't you? I don't know about Iraq, but when someone in the US overclocks thier computer, they do it all the time, not just part of the time. Oh, and what, exactly, would he be running if it wasn't a desktop computer? a laptop? Why are you so incapable of admitting that you don't know everything? 4ghz isn't that big of an accomplishment, besides, that isn't one of the focal points of computing. No, that's not the right way to say it. Most people base what they buy off of the speed that the processor runs at, but really, front side bus, level 2 cache, and a couple other things which skip my mind are much more important. Yes, how many lines of machine code it can crunch per second is important, but if you've a 16.0ghz process with 512kb level 2 cache, and 233 fsb you're going to get out run by Rosenshyne's 486.

10. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I was playing Fallout 1 on than 486 computer than afew other games that said you needed than Pent 1 chip to play.

11. DarkFool

...I've never heard of a game requiring you to have a Pentium 1 chip to play it...

12. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

On the Fallout 1 box it stated you needed to have than Pentium 1 chip to play as minium reg. Afew game willnot run unless you have than pentium 1 chip. Microsoft is alway compianting that computer games cause all they windows and IE touble which they are alway doing security patches for.

13. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Yeah well, it must be a real big accomplishment in you muslum world to run fallout on a 486.

14. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

15. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

What's a period doing after a question mark?

16. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I wasnot a Muslim back then in the first place. I have a 75 megrahert 486 back them.

17. DarkFool

Actually, what they're having trouble with is a very old program called DOS. Because everything up until XP was based on DOS, but XP wasn't... DOS was included, but not integrated. So they've been having to tweak everything because the occasional program got out that still used the DOS references, and therefore, wouldn't run, requiring a patch. It didn't require a Pentium 1 chip. I can run FO on my computer, and I've an AMD Sempron 2200+ It'sn't the chip that matters, it's the software. Those're the suggested components, what it thinks you should have to run the game without troubles. If your computer is faster than that, it should run it fine. =)

18. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

19. DarkFool

If you're going to overclock I would advise going a step higher and get the Athlon XP. I don't know how well the Sempron overclocks cause I do a little modding here and there, I'm not an over-clocker.

20. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Plus the fact Microsoft stole Brown and Dirtry Operation System Program from somebody elso didnot help. IBM and Microsoft where jointly working on than Window like System call PS2. Then microsoft decide to drop out after they make the inferface wich they call window3.1 I believe. Luckly Amigira Computer from the company that make C-64 help IBM finish PS2.
    Microsoft is still paid IBM alot of money to use .dll files in they windows as IBM owned the patient on them.

Our Host!