Gamestopping bug?

Discussion in 'Bloodlines Hints & Tips' started by Naked_Lunch, Jan 16, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Naked_Lunch

Naked_Lunch New Member

I'm having trouble In the Fu test grounds at the part with the spinning blades. For some reason the spinning blades aren't moving up and down the floor like they're supposed to and whenever i reach the door that leads out, it doesn't open! Am I screwed and have to start a new game or is their a tweak or something?

Another similar problem is when i use the console to do the noclip cheat or whenever i use the console at all, the game freezes up on me. I can still bring up the console and the sound keeps running but i can't move or access any menu! What's wrong?

2. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I think you have to shoot some things on the wall behind the rotating blades, so they stop, when all are stopped, the door opens.

3. Naked_Lunch

Naked_Lunch New Member

I fixed the problem using the noclip cheat, so feel free to lock the topic or let it die.

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Hrm... When you step into the room, were the blades moving? I had a similar issue. The blades moved most of the time except eventually, I had one (on the far side from the door you enter through from) stop. It kept spinning but it wasn't moving up and down the room. You have to stop them spinning by shooting the electrical panels that are behind the grate (which is embarassing considering I thought it was an endurance test and instead of shooting, spent quite some time dodging blades).

I don't know what you do if you don't have a ranged weapon on you (maybe you don't get the puzzle at all?).

The only game stopping bug I had was right at the start when I took the tutorial. Jack disappeared and I was stuck just outside the door where the game started. Thankfully a restart there wasn't too much of a problem.

5. Longjocks

Longjocks New Member

Leapfrogging saves is the ultimate tip one can give to avoid having to restart a game.

As far as the console seemingly locking the game after you use it, you have to hit the tilde key (or whichever key it is for the console) once again to regain control. This game is kinda quirky like that.

Our Host!