What kind of Fence doesn't buy stolen property?!?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Jo, Sep 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jo

Jo New Member

I've joined the underground, I've been to the fence, and I still cannot sell my stolen goods . . .

I have two stolen things - A bag of dwarven gems (Tarant docks) and a willow the wisp essence (the freak show place, again in Tarant)

Does anyone know how to sell these things, or if they're used for anything - BTW I have master Haggle also

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

If you're at 11 Dervish Row and trying to offload the items from the thieves underground 'quests', you need to talk to the human instead fo trying to sell to the halfling.

The halfling just buys and sells regular items.

The human will tell you he is Mr Black and you have to say "I have something you might be interested in," bringing up a list of the quest items you have in inventory.

3. Jo

Jo New Member

Thanks Sheriff,

I've tried talking to him, but the only conversation option I get is to say goodbye.

Am I missing something?

I've done all the Tarant thieve's quests - apart from the appleby one which I don't think I can do anymore and isn't directly related to the fence as far as I know

4. Tidus

Tidus New Member

i cant sell normal stuff at the fence

i tryed to sell some things i stole like a dagger off of a person i pick pocketed
    an i cant sell it he sais do i look like a fence to you! this also happens when i sell outher thing as well!!:):)

5. BlueDEvil

BlueDEvil New Member

You probably need to get the quest first. You can have up to 4 at any one time. The lady at the entrance of Vermillion station is the only underground member with a fix location.

6. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

"Moving up now to take the place of Nicolas Van Whathisface, at six foot six and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums, with more alias's than Klaus Barbie, the master butcher of the Leigh-On sea, in a hatch-back from Notre Dame, the one and only Sheriff Fatman!!"

Sorry, just dropping in, thought the thread title was a scream! =)

7. Sheriff Fatman

You know what? I've been thinking for ages that I should use those lines as my signiature, but it all seemed a bit futile, since I didn't think anyone would remember the old USM.

You just convinced me it's worth doing :eek:)

8. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

Heh heh, Carter, what a great band! Lasted for only a decade, but they did some pretty decent stuff, to bad they parted ways, fortunately, however, I managed to grab up all their albums here in the States before they completely up and disappeared forever from the store shelves.

"Are you prepared to meet your maker, then ask for your money back?"

"My eyes have seen the glory, now I'm a born again Athiest."

Lol! The cynical statements in their lyrics were a riot, almost any of them would make for a great sig! =)

9. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Fences donot buy stole good that are too hot and well know. If I was to steal the Monta Lisa
    painting in Paris. No fence in Paris will dare
    handle it. An if there is than huge award out for the thief turn you in to the police.

10. Sheriff Fatman

"He flies through the air with the greatest of ease, that daring young man in the blue dungeries"

"While you were out, our whole future was in doubt"

You're absolutely right - just about any of them would make great signiatures :smile:

11. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Our Host!