A Bit More Trolling of an Anti-US Flavour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sheriff Fatman, Sep 28, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

In search of steaks to spear on their four pointy ends?

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

No, that would be the East Afriken Buffork, the America Buffork only has 3 tines.

3. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Yes, they are. But lets turn the argument around. Fish are in huge amounts of trouble because people overfish them. Whales will continue to stay alive because we have a good estimate of the population, and will postpone whaling if it becomes dangerous. If you just try to see iit from that point of view, whaling is better than fishing. Though i have to admit, i don´t know about those sneaky japps, and how they hunt whales, so be free to pick on them all you want.
    As for the fishing thing. we are working on it. Fishfarms.

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

It's easy to make a post saying whales are not in trouble, but this conflicts with stuff other people say about some being nearly extinct or on the decline.

Where are the statistics that you use to convince yourself the population is stable? Are they independent stats?

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Actually fatman, we don't hunt all kinds of whales, only a few species, I'm not sure exactly which though.

PS; where'd the Quick Reply go?

6. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I did a research project on this some time ago but the data is still relevant. The numbers of whales around the Nordic seas are greater than 20 years ago thanks to control on whaling. The species is no longer on the decline and it is well controlled. It is like farming vaage whales. Yes it is killing a defenseless animal in a 'dishonourable' way (not swimming after them and trying to stab them to death) as Jar points out but it is controlled and the whales around Norway/Sweden will not become extinct any time soon. But we do the same to other animals only worse conditions in farming and worse techniques for fishing like catching a shitload and throwing back the cropses of the ones you don't want.

The vaage whale is fine but the rest...well they're fucked. Crazy Japanese ninja fishermen...

7. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

It very hard to have a whale farm on land raiseiong whales.

8. Sheriff Fatman

Hoho Charles, I don't think anyone will disagree with you there :D

9. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

yeah, its also very hard to have a fish farm ON land, they require water, water might be put in a pool, but so might it for a whale, if the pool is big enough..

10. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

It would take a 100,000 square miles lake to raise whales at min.. In it need to be salt water plus what whales eat as food. We can raise some fresh water and salt water fishes in farm on land like trout. Plus I forgot the lake would have to 900 to 1000 feet deep. How many people would like being lock up in a cage. Whales like to have alots of room.

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Which is why they have they 'farm' in the ocean numbskull.

12. carlstar

carlstar New Member

i love a whale on a stick

yeah you farm the fresh water ones in lakes or ponds and sea ones in the sea.
    oh and by the way, boo all whaling nations, especially those that kill all that are around there country and then feel they have the right to come to the south pacific to slaughter them here.

13. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Fish farm are on land so we can raise and potect them being eaten by other life form in the sea and when big enought release then in pound, stream and lake so people can fish then.

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

15. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Shellfishes are now raise on land fish farm as pollute water make them uneatabe by human due to they piching up toxic waste, alot of fishes also have hight leval of toxic waste in then from water pollution.

16. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I suppose we could shut them into some of our damn fjords, problem is to feed them. and if we feed them with what we give salamon we would probably get envieromentalist on our back. Nah..... Better to let them live happily in the ocean where they feed themselves and then we eat them.

17. Sheriff Fatman

Better to let them live in the ocean and you eat something else. It's not like you're in danger of starving or anything.

18. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

No, because then they loose a large source of income because some people believe they are damaging the environment significantly. If you want to stop damgging whaling go drill holes in Japanese fishing boats.

19. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Maybe not in this circumstance, but there will be no more income in that area if there are no more fish. The truth is that we do way overfish, beyond what is sustainable for many populations. Plus I have a real issue with killing whales. These are whales we're talking about! They're like these beautiful kings of the ocean... I dunno I just think they're amazing. Plus I do think the Japanese fucking suck for their foods... has anyone seen those pictures of them killing the dolphins? They're horrifying pictures. Giving up some kind of food because it's healthier for the world is better than the fleeting gratification you get from eating it.

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Our Host!