Saved Game Editor

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by RabidChipmunk, Sep 24, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk New Member

Sorry for posting this twice but someone said to come here for an answer to my problems. Nothing mental I assure you. :smile:

I've also did a search in the data base to see if any had answered my question before but I didn't see anything.

------
    I just downloaded the savegame editor and I can't get it to install on my harddrive. I double click on the .exe and a dialog box pops up telling me:

Class not registered.
    You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL

Now the read me explains what to do, and I go under the run option in Windows and type "Regsvr32 C:windowssystemmsstdfmt.dll".

The readme states this should get the file properly installed under the Windows system folder, but I'm still having problems. Now I get this message:

Cannot find the file 'Redsvr32 (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

I'm confused now. What do I do now? Any help would be great!

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RabidChipmunk on 2001-09-23 18:17 ]</font>

2. SirCarcass

SirCarcass New Member

Hmmm

Have you copied the DLL files to your Windows/System directory before trying to register them? That might have something to do with it.

(Everytime I re-read what I just wrote, it sounds more sarcastic. I promise it's not supposed to be... :wink: )

3. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

I put a reply to this in your original post. It might not help much. If it doesn't you can always email me and I will do my best to help you get it running.

4. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk New Member

Yeah it was supposed to say "C:windowssystemmsstdfmt.dll". For some silly reason the backslashes got deleted when I copied and pasted the information. :razz:

I did move the msstdfmt.dll file into the system folder. By means of copy and paste. And no, there is not more to those error messages.

Now I'm even more confused though. What is this about registering files??

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

6. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Friend the post I was talking about is on the other board where this problem was originally posted.

7. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Rabid I thought of something else to recommend. First I find it helps to drag the files over to Windows System folder instead of copying and pasting. Sometimes this alone will allow it register. You also might want to check to make sure that the Regsvr32 program itself is in the Windows System folder. I have heard of cases in which is isn't.

8. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk New Member

Ok then that would explain things. Regsvr32 is not in my Windows system folder. So what do I need to do to get it installed? Download it off the internet? You can tell I'm totally clueless. :razz:

I do want to thank you for the advice you've been giving me!

9. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Yes I do think you can download it off the internet, but before you do you might want to use the find command on your computer. You might have it already in another location if so you can just drag it into the windows system folder and everything would be ok. If not then head to a search engine and type in the name of the program I sure some site will pop up offering it for you to download.

10. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk New Member

Hmm, ok I tried doing this again.

Now I get this error:

What does that mean?

11. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk New Member

Never mind... helps if I manage to put in the .dll file in my system folder first. *eyerolls self*

It's working now! Thanks for all your help!

12. JesterInfamousMooCow

JesterInfamousMooCow New Member

Im glad you got your problem fixed ..Lord knows I have no clue what you were talking about! :)

-Michael
    (Currently listening to: System of a Down - Mind)

Our Host!