Hazmatman!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Settler, Oct 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. toller

toller New Member

What are you workiing with that requires a hazmat suit? Only someone woriking with chemicals would need one and if thats true you should already know where to get them. But if its to protect for allergies talk to your fire department. I know what it like. I can't go outside without a hazmat suit which I don't have.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

So get yourself a great big balloon. And what the hell sort of allergies do you have that mean you need a hazmat suit to go outside? Or are you a closet hypochondriac?

3. toller

toller New Member

I have several airborn allergies. pollon from grass, fir trees, cottonwood, scotsbroom. poison oak, poison ivy, and old pollon is jus as bad on dusty windy days. The air is pollon free after a hard rain but comes back then it drys out.

I'm allergic to the antibiotic neomycin; the antibiotics antibiotic. So I can't get any shot like a flu shot because neomycin is used by drug manufacterurs as a preservative.

I'm allergic to potassium chromate as used in paint, concreat, rust removers and rust preventers and ink as a color stabilizer.

I'm allergic to fruit, perfum, shampoo, detergent, industrial spray like agracultural spray.

I'm allergic to anything made using soy products. No mayo. No bread, No crackers, No low/non fat ice cream, no jerky, no cooking oil with soy. No spray non-stick. Absolutly no resturant meals or meals on flights. No pizza (soob).

I make my own breads, pizza cookies, pancakes are made from scratch.

Every addon has to pure like 100% maple syrup.

I have to filter water before drinking or using because my base allergy is nickel. And most water sources here are well water.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Wow, your life must suck really badly. I just suffer from the occasional bout of crippling headaches/migraines and other relatively minor physical/psychological/mental/emotional defects, just like everyone else.

How did you survive childhood?

5. toller

toller New Member

My mother and father NEVER told me why I could not eat peaches or pizza or chinese food. My mother's sister's family also had allergy problems but the same woman is my aunt and she told me every time I vist to wash my face when comming inside. But I got very angry with my parents because they would not recognize my allergies because my father got angry by that because he thought I was weak. If I argued about some issue he would hit me hard enough to knock me out for about 20 min, if the sun was shinning on the our living room floor it moved about 2 feet when I woke up. One time I woke from a hit and my mother and father were having an argument in the kitchen so I went up stairs to my room and did not come douwn until the next day. He neve hit me after that.

I had a distance relationship with my father and never told him when I joined the Navy. And did not see him until graduation from college after the Navy. And to that day he never acknoledged my allergies.

I married a nurse and she did understand about allergies. So that part of my life was good.

In 1977 my father was suffering from cancer and I only once visited him before he died and I never visit his grave. When ever I think of him I get feelings of resentment that he died and have two pictures on my tv cabinet just so I can fume in peace. Today I'm two monthes older than my father death age.

I manage my allergies by watching what I eat. I wash frequently. I take one alevert each day and tylenol allergy sinus as needed. Today after voting I washed my face and made a cup of tea with honey because honey is a natural antihistamine for pollon.

I have 3 Sharper Image Ionic Breeze Quadra air cleaners in my living room and live at the apex.

Of course I need to keep the house clean but I hate cleaning so it a weakly battle to pick up and vacuum. I have enough clothes to go a month with out using the clothes washer. But the clothes pile can get high enough to take over the utility room.

So I could use hasemat but I wont even try because I'm used to dealing with my problems but the guy or gal looking for a hasemat suit prompted these comments. Thanks

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Man, the only person I can think of who was worse off than you was that guy from Fallout 2 in Vault 13. Except his story was really funny to read.

7. Ebopedoce

Ebopedoce New Member

8. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I have no allergies at all! I hardly ever get sick! I am invincible!!!

MWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAAA!!!

9. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I have no allergies, but I have a constant cold.

10. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I don't want to ditto Peter, but I'm pretty much the same way. Oh, I get the occasional cold and indigestion, but when the flu goes around, I laugh and continue on my way, I went out on the night of my (compounded) wisdom tooth operation, and I am very resistant to the cold and heat.

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

That's because you are Sigurd 1.0, a model superior to most over machines on the market to date.

12. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I have an almost constant stuffy nose, but other than that have practically never been sick.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, apart from this nearly 3 week bout of gastroenteritis (which is the first, and hopefully last time I have it) I'm generally illness free, although I am vulnerable to the almighty headache and migraine. Anyone who's had a serious headache or migraine for no particular reason can testify how painful and crippling they can be.

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I've only had one true migraine. It was a killer too. It felt like my eyes, and nose, and the front of my skull were all going to explode. I got it at work too, back when I was a waiter, in the middle of a shift that began at 4 and ended at 3 am. I count those hours as the only physically crippled hours of my life. I was in tears taking orders, I think it was really freeking people out. Its kind of a funny image now that I think about it. I asked my boss if I could leave and he told me I was lying. They accused me of being lazy. When I told them to fuck off they told me I was a good actor and I should get back to work, and I threatened to quit, and they told me I could go home, but I better be at work tomorrow. So I guess the shift really ended around 1am. But still...

During my entire little stint as a waiter I suffered from ridiculous periods of exhaustion, and weariness, which was really bizzare, because I'm usually as healthy as a horse. I wrote it off as me working too hard, between school and work etc, but I got some bloodwork done later on and I found out I'd had mono for at least 5 months, which would have began about a week after I started working. This was late news of course, because I was already in hot water at work for being late because I slept in at home etc, and stuff like that. If only I'd known I had this seriously contagious affliction from the start. Who knows how many people I gave mono, as I served them their burgers and shakes etc. I'm sure thats how I got it to begin with. From a used textbook I bought, or may be food from a restaurant etc, because I hadnt had a romantic encounter with anyone for at least 9 months. It was so frustrating to learn all these things after the fact. Its really annoying to sleep 15 hours 3 days in a row for no reason, and not know why.

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You should see how much not eating fucks with you man. I feel weak and tired all the goddamed time.

16. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Oh my fucking GOD, Jar's anorexic! Go eat something you silly person

17. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

His intestines are clogged with algae, and coral.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I wish I could eat fucktard. I have desired hot pizza and greasy fish'n'chip shop burgers for weeks now, but I cannot eat them because of the horrible reaction my intestines have.

So hungry...

And anorexics and bulimics have shit for brains.

19. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Jar, it's time you faced it. You will die from a gastrointestinal disease. I swear, I never hear you say anything but how fucked up your belly is. If it isn't lengthy diarrhoea it is severe blood loss in the bathroom, massive gas attacks and who knows what more. I'm sorry, but you're screwed. Please remember to notify me so I can send the flowers on time to your funeral, mmmmkay?

Me, I'm healthy enough. I wasn't as badass as Sigrid when I had a wisdoom tooth removed three weeks ago, of course, but who could be?

20. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I have had 9 cinneamon buns today jar, yummy.

I feel like I'm constantly getting small colds, after one ends it goes a week before the next one starts.

Our Host!