Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Vampire Discussion' started by Jinxed, May 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I posted a link to the gamespy article on the front page.

I'm not so happy about this, maybe I'm not thinking all happy thoughts but I'm the kinda person who thinks that muliplayer just takes away attention from better single player, tech and interface development. It's and added bonus which could mean that more people buy this game. They won't necessarily be satisfied with what they get.

2. Phisch

Phisch New Member

I wouldn't panic, the source engine supports MP, it won't be anything draining for Troika to implement MP.

Not only that but I had some great times playing V:TM-R in MP. So long as your game has it's own admin / story teller you can kick the "1337 k|11a5" so they can't annoy you into submission.

3. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I thinks that while it's nice to include multiplayer, in a game such as this the first priority should be a solid single-player expirience. Too many game have been mediocre because they attempted to do too much. And for gamers with slow, or no, internet, become rather displeased if their single-player game suffers a reduction in quality due to the inclusion of multiplayer.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

An FPS of any sort on the PC without multiplayer is a death knell in this day and age. Besides, you don't think the Source engine pretty much has had most of the groundwork laid for it already multiplayer wise?

5. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Morrowind had no multiplayer though. And it was really good. (PC Gamer rating 90%-Editor's Choice)

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

yes but think about how much fin it would have been to play in that world with real people! especially with the mod tool it had! how cool would it be to have gladiator battles in the arena in (that huge city with the canals and stuff, the name of which i cant remember other than the fact that the floating building in the sky near the temple was probably one of the coolest things i've ever seen?)

or do the main quest with a party of friends?

of course it probably would have been as unstable as the multiplayer in the first vampire game...

7. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

I'd want a multiplayer similar to V:TM Redemption but Troika settled with the usual "Deathmatch/Team DM" gameplay.
    Let's home they first try to make a good singleplayer and then, if they have time, on Multi.

8. Theluseia

Theluseia New Member

In terms of multiplayer, a lot of my cohorts-in-sucking are craving the taste of a NWN style experience in Bloodlines, focusing on the roleplaying aspects of the game more than the deathmatch ability...

Hopefully troika or some fanatic devs outside of them will work on something that allows us to express our vampiric desires in a pseudo-MMORPG manner!

Edit: And we're all praying that one can make .haks to enable a player to use different character's faces and such from the game... Who wouldn't want to be fat albert?!

9. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Well it's all academic. Latest news is that there will be no multi-player for Bloodlines. I was hoping for a vimpires vs human vampire hunters. Oh well, geuss there are always mods. :/

Our Host!