Things to do in Arcanum when you're bored...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by FourHorsemen, Aug 10, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

- PickPocket EVERYONE's clothing, Yay Nudist Club!!!

NB: If the character's graphic shows clothing but isn't actually wearing some, I've seen that in most cases you can put clothing on them and then quickly take them away and they'll also be in the nip. HOwever this doesn't seem to work with particular NPCs like Bald Smiths/Bartenders, Doc Roberts, Paperboys, Constable Owens, Brunettes in bars, bikini clad Elven maidens, etc...

- USE Pickpocket mastery to steal/buy and plant Bronze Platemail on EVERY Soldier in a given town: Golden Knights of Caladon indeed.

- Be Mean and use your Tech skills to lay booby traps EVERYWHERE in a town and see how many you can take out...

- Find some way to lure wild animals into a town and watch people run......how to do this...two ways:

1) Magic User: Invest in the Nature College and draw an animal in from the outskirts of a town in real time mode then once you get to a reasonably populated area, use Charm Animal and then just walk away to safe enough distance, and cancel the spell.

2)Tech User, similar approach as above but you gotta act solo and use things like a paralysis grenade, anesthitizer, knockout gas, etc...to knock the wind out of your critter and then just walk very far away....preferably far away enough so you can see but not be seen and wait for the rather pissed off critter to wake up. I managed to do this ONCE with an ailing wolf and it killed Owens....it was funny as hell!!!!

- Uniform-ise your towns.....Tarantians wear Suede Jackets, Caladonians wear Wool Jackets, Dernholmians wear Officer Uniforms, etc...

- Give EVERY CURSED item to someone in town....

And now my personal favorite:

- Use Pick Pockets Mastery and decent persuasion and go to the Orcs on the Uprise at the Tarant factory and ARM THEM TO THE TEETH....I'm talking barbarian Armor, Iron Clad boots, Pyrotechnic Axes, Charged Rings, Shields, Chapeus of Magnetic Inversion....as well use advanced Medical knowledge to pump those bad boys up with Muscle Builder until they max out on physical stats...then just for the heck of it, use a potion of haste on each one before making them storm out of the factory...It~ll be messy, but the Tarantian Guards should~'t stand a chance...T

2. Phadech

Phadech New Member

I remember reanimating every master teacher as undead followers.

3. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

that last one doesn't even require that you be all that bored really just sounds like lots of good old fashioned fun

4. Langolier

Langolier Member

I had LOTS of fun arming the Orcs in the factory and then dis-arming the guards outside. :D

5. SilverKing

SilverKing New Member

I personally liked the "accidental grenade launcher shot into crowd killing both sides" method. :) Then talking Mr. Babcock, who's appalled at what happened. :)

6. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

What would be really cool would be if you could detonate the plastique while it's in another character's inventory...KA-BOOM!!!

- Would this work: Throwing some "bait" just inside the Boil so that the guards outside will go in and draw the attention of the mugging bastards in there?

7. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

One other things is called the Hyper-Chicken experiment...

- You must be level 5 Meta

- use the Spell Permancy trick to Control Beast a chicken and then do the same with the following spells: Strength fo Earth, Agility of Fire, Haste, Shield of Force, Hardened Hands. (great if you know the spells, otherwise use item/scroll).

- Make your chicken attack the good folk of arcanum...

- Looks hilarious when used on a wise woman's cat or a cow...espcially if you also Permaanent-ise the Shrink spell on them :p

8. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Here's a thing ta do steal all the gold in the world that you can scramble together. Then find a chest the most remote location you can think of, stash it. The collect every gem, precious stone etc... you can find stast em too. Trap the crap out of the area. An call it yer little hoard.

9. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Here's another:

- Seek out every CURSED item you can find and do one of three things:

1) Give them to the people Tarant except the orcs on the uprise (who are aremed to the teeth as well) and help them revolt and kill everyone.

2)Give them to the people in Tsen Ang and then arm the three ogres to the teeth and help free the ogres.

3)Give them to the people of Caladaon and then do the quest to assisinate the King.

In any case it should be funny to watch those people fight in cursed gear.

One thing though, you'll need Pick Pocket mastery to make this task easier and some high DEX and STR (for carrying stuff) also helps!!!

10. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I remember some weird ideas floating around a while ago:

Playing through the game as a Vorpal Bunny Breeder: INT20, MA100, a Stillwater blade and the "spell permanency trick". I tried it and laughed my head off as my five cute bunnies were kicking the crap out of the Stillwater Giant.

Collecting exotic creatures. Try turning every unique creature in the world into your faithful follower. Some will not be possible to mind control because they have WP20 and are immune- but you have to admit that it would be more than just cool to walk around followed by an Ancient Bear, a Crystal Dread Spider from the Dredge, a Bogaroth and a Temporal Crusher.

Is it possible to mind control an Ore Golem or a Seething Mass? Now those things would make cool followers!

Another idea- a spider swarm! Build a terrifying army of eight-legged creatures, from common spiders to the Sirene Queens of Vendigroth! Make your enemies arachnophobic for the rest of their lives!

11. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

The Seething Masses and Ore Golems work....I know I "permanent-ized" one once...or maybe it was an Earth Elemental)....anway..you'll probbaly want to permanent-cast Agility of Fire and Haste on it.otherwise it might be a bit too slow.

I still wanna try to make Minifollowers by casting Shrink on a load of creatures.

The spiders idea is just plain great.but you'll probably need one of them Venom Shielded Garments just in case :p

- Has anyone managed to nab the Stillwater giant wit the permamancy trick? Either as a rabbit or in giant form?

Here's a list of some good Forced Followers:

- Gideon Laeir (one of my favorites) fast and cunning.

- Sir Garrick Stout for obvious reasons.

- Doc Roberts (cos he bitches about leaving shrouded hills)

- A Demon Shard

- Madamme Toussade

- Scratch the Cat

12. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Just for knowledge, what is the permanancy trick exactly and how do you do it.

13. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

The Permanancy Trick:

- Cast any "target duration spell" (AoF, SoE, VoA, PoW, Dominate Will, Haste, Slow, Polymorph, Body of Stone, etc...) on a creaature.

- Cast Reflection Shield on same creature.
    (Meta college).

- Cancel the effect of the "target duration spell"

- Cancel the effect of the Reflection Shield.

If you did it right the spell effect should be permanent.

14. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Try and make a Necropolis out of arcanum and turn everyone into a Zombie

15. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Hmmmmmm now that's an interesting thought alright......

Problem is, Once you permanantly mind control an NPC, the most you can do is have him wait (and you better believe he will!), but he won't like walk around and stuff....

16. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Oh well the important thing is that s/he's a mindless zombie.
    It'll ruin Kerghans fun of killing everyone.

17. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Here's another thimg:

Gulliver's Travels
    --------------------
    Pick your favorite town and Permanantly Shrink the entire population!!!!!!!!!

I perm-shrank Sogg and he kicks ass now...a Mini Ogre with 24 STR...watching him punch out human is so funny...especially with good gauntlets, a regenenerative jacket and haste+AoF!!!

But Shrinking very small creatures (like mini spiders or baby wolves just makes them too small ...........although a hoard of mini shrunken spiders might be fun....

I shrank a mechanized arachnid and now it looks like a toy spider

18. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well, if we're on the subject of Gulliver's travels, wasn't there a land of horses? How about a sheep town?

Is it possible to control Will-o-Wisps or Love Lights? That would be even better than a spider swarm!

19. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Yes...yes it is...........I managed to have 4 different Wisps at one time (each one of a different color).

Now what you could do is shrink, haste, Aof, SoE and HH them for some real swarm damage :p

20. Womble

Womble New Member

Some things I was thinking about that may be worth a try.

If you cast Body of Fire on a Will-o-Wisp- what will it look like?

Is it possible to go through the game as a COMPLETE pacifist, as in not shedding ANY blood, human, animal or demonic, even in random encounters? (Undead are already dead so they don't count, although it would be better to include them as well)?

Give each magick person you meet the kind of technological equipment that would maximize their chance of critical failure. Piss them off and let them kill themselves with their own clumsiness. Laugh. Repeat on the next magick person. Laugh. Repeat.

Our Host!