ScriptEd 1.10 (latest version) online

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Dj_Unique, Jul 27, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

If there is still anyone at all interested in this tool, head over to http://amds.djunique.org/index.php?action=files to get the latest version. It's located in the 'Other modding tools' section. I can't guarantee it's absolutely bug free but error handling should be better now. In the future (perhaps very soon) I might get rid of the DAT file access so that people who are on computers with no Arcanum installed will be able to use the tool as well.

All feedback and suggestions are still appreciated. I may not necessarily implement something if I find it too complex or time consuming, though. (Highly unlikely, just suggest away)

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

\/\/00+! I hope that file system keeps track of downloads. :) I've just made this front page news.

Do you want me to mirror the file on site here as well?

3. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

Sure, go ahead.

I do have a download counter working but I forgot to change it in the category listing where you see the files (The download link points to the file directly, instead of the php script that should increment the download count)

4. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

5. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Thanks for the updated version, DJ_Unique. I've been Using the previous version for some time and I'm sure this one will be even better. I noticed that the version of Mes Editor included with it fixed one of my major gripes about it - not being able to insert a line. Thanks for that, too!

6. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

The line insert feature was removed from the previous version due to some issues with it, I can't remember the specifics but I got it working eventually. Hopefully it's working well now.

By the way, MESEdit can be used as a .mes editor in ScriptEd simply by going to preferences and setting the "MES File Editor" to MESEdit.EXE

Also, there's a new tool on the site: Dialogue Validator, which is a fairly useful tool for making sure that the dialogue files are free of errors. For now, it only works from the command prompt but I will attempt to fix that and create a GUI version as well.

Our Host!