Kath and Kim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sheriff Fatman, Jul 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Any of you Aussies watch this show? It's over here at the mo on a small channel, and me and Mrs Fatman love it. Makes me laugh and confirms my suspicions about Aussies in the same programme :p

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I am aware of it's existence, and I hear it's quite funny, but I pretty much only watch Simpsons reruns, sports, and sports-related news on telly. It's good to see Aussies getting someplace overseas.

3. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Yeah, I was delighted when I found out that neighbours was showing in Britain...

Damn batards...

4. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

First of all... Hello Sheriff!!!. :wavey: Second, Kath and Kim is great, absolutly fucking hilarious, it's funny without trying to be funny....
    "Look at me Kimmie, Kimmie... Kimmie... Kimmie, look et me... I've got one word for you.... pork chop...". Ahhh Sheriff, once again you've given me cause to smile.

5. Sheriff Fatman

Ahh it does me good to know an Aussie with a reliable sense of humour finds it hilarious too. I was worried you'd pull the Neighbours card on me and say "Sorry, everyone here thinks it's shit."

My wife was saying "Lookit me, lookit mehhh ..." for weeks after we first saw it :)

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

I've just been thinking..... and my sense of humour has been called many things, but I'm pretty sure that's the first time it's ever been called reliable.... I'm not quite sure how to take that.... fuck it, I'll take like I normally do.... bent over and squelling like a monkey.

7. Settler

Settler Member

Nice to see ye, Sheriff! It's been a while : ) ...

Ummm...I was going to pull the "Everyone here thinks it's shit", but I haven't actually watched it. Doesn't seem like my thing, it's just playing the super-exaggerated Aussie card, but hey, I guess that's what everyone else in the world wants :).

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'd pull the Neighbours card, but the fact that it's STILL showing at prime time leads me to believe that a significant proportion of the population do not think it is shit. I know my sisters still watch it.

Personally, I'm amazed that anybody is still living in that street given it's horrendous record of deaths and emotional/physical problems. Why someone hasn't grabbed a machine gun and gone berko is beyond me...but then again, it's a TV show, so anything can (and won't) happen.

9. Sheriff Fatman

The super-exagerrated Aussie thing hasn't come across to me Settler. Maybe it's because Aussies are kinda like Brits, or maybe it's because there are humerously disfunctional people all over the world, but they just seem like charicatures of a certain type of people ... very original ones too.

Nice to see you too ;)

10. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

2.154 million is a little over 10% of the Australian population IE: Pretty darned good ratings. Never watched myself though. Not much of an ABC person.

Our Host!