Some first-time player questions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Grey, Jun 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grey

Grey New Member

Preface: I did search for some things, but when I turned up pages of response, and the titles didn't indicate a good answer, I didn't peruse all the posts. Some stuff I found answers for (yea!), and some stuff I didn't search for at all (being that I knew I was posting anyway, why not ask?).

So:
    1. Where is the vagrant with the lucky medallion found (thieves underground quest)?
    2. Where is the clockwork physician schematic found?
    3. How is the REAL Stillwater Giant found – is it a purely random encounter?
    4. Where can I find lemons (for lemon potato charge schematic)?
    5. Where is the unknown chemical compound found (for the vivifier schematic)?

6. Is there a money trainer or money editor for Arcanum?

Thanks in advance!

2. mathboy

mathboy New Member

You have to catch the fake one first, and then get the location to quintara and all that, then just walk around Stillwater till you get a random encounter with a blue rabit.
    I think there are some in the fields close to the mine in Shrouded Hills.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Hmm, sorry, but I don't recall such quest at all. Medallions you may be required to steal for the Underground are: Cassie's Jewelry and Jewel of Hebe in Tarant, Magic Necklace and Queen Kna Sea necklace in Caladon. Which of these do you mean?

It is called a Medical Arachnid. You can either build one when you buy the schematics from an inventor (Mechanized Arachnid + Wonder Drug, I believe), or receive one from Hieronimous Maxim in Caladon upon completing the camera quest (you also get the schematics). They are quite useless though, unless you play an evil techie, I recommend a healer follower rather than an Arachnid.

Answered correctly by mathboy.

Check out trees. There is for sure one in Blackroot, near the Herbalist's store, one in Shrouded hills and probably elsewhere. Finding potato is more difficult, I believe.

What the hell for??? You must have some SERIOUS spending problem to find yourself short of money in Arcanum.
    If you're a techie- up your Lockpicks to 4 points+ Expert status and start breaking into stores at night (I recommend the magic traders and magic smiths- lots of stuff to sell and enough gold as well). If you're a mage- learn to pickpocket, steal any scrolls anyone carries and sell them to magick traders. Try to not sell anything to the junk dealer or the Underground if you can sell it to someone else instead- their prices are way too low. Also, three points+ Expert status on Haggle alleviates any possible money problems- you can sell anything to anyone, for a decept price. Returning from Kree with all the loot is most pleasurable- Dread Armor sells goooooooooooooood....

4. Canis

Canis New Member

He's walking in a loop around the flophouse/whorehouse/warehouse area. At night he stays at the flophouse IIRC. I think he's wearing rustic finery but I'm not certain.

5. Grey

Grey New Member

Thanks for the replies!

1. Where is the vagrant with the lucky medallion found (thieves underground quest)? - yes, he is wearing noble finery, and that's what threw me off!
    2. Where is the clockwork physician schematic found? - Apparently the clockwork physician (wonder drug+clockwork decoy) is not in the game - the medical arachnid (mechanical arachnid+wonder drug) is something else
    3. How is the REAL Stillwater Giant found – is it a purely random encounter? - this is killing me - I'm still wandering around - I travel between the Pass and Stillwater as well as in the general vicinity, and still nothing (I completed the official S'water Giant quests)
    4. Where can I find lemons (for lemon potato charge schematic)? - found both in Shrouded Hills
    5. Where is the unknown chemical compound found (for the vivifier schematic)? - found this on third level (?) of Vendigrothian Ruins

6. Is there a money trainer or money editor for Arcanum? - apparently not, and yes, I'm just a lazy cheater...

Thanks for all your help, folks!

6. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

Increases in Haggle and Beauty should help your money problems

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

You should be travelling south-east of Stillwater. Although I think you can only find the Giant if you travel there immediately after completing the quest. Still, worth a try: 2000 gold for the pelt+ a fate point.

8. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

I should point out that on ocasions i didn't found the Stillwater Giant right after completing the quests. I clearly remember only getting the special encounter when returning from Qintarra, once or twice.

9. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

There lemon trees and potato plants found in the feilds to the W-SW of Gaylin house in Shrouded Hills.

I've found clockwork physician schematic sometimes at the dwarven inventor.

Unknown chemical compound is found in the automaton level in the SW room.

Skill trainer or money editor for Arcanum, save game editor can edit skills but not gold.

REAL Stillwater Giant I've only encountered it after completing quests and returning from Qintarra.

10. Baal

Baal New Member

The best way to get whatever you want is to change the scimatics.
    For instruction just ask.

((How to get rich fast))

For a technologist, buy a potion of “restore life” (the black one the herbalists have), then make some “Fire obstruction” and throw it on the ground "next to" a person (the flames will kill them with no penalty to you), take there money and whatever else they have, and resurrect them using the potion. Best of all they still like you afterwards.

For a mage use the “ring of shadows”, baneful gauntlets or some other deadly cursed object to kill them (just drop it on the ground and let them pick it up)… steal there stuff… resurrect them.

Or the best way to get rich. Be sneaky, steal it.

To many ways to list them all.

Our Host!